36th District Draw

I don't think it's a matter of NEVER thinking they can be a 1 or 2 seed, I think it comes down to year in and year out. With small schools such as Bellevue and Dayton, the talent comes in cycles.

So wouldn't it be a disservice to the girls that can compete(when that cycle comes around) to be denied a chance based on a blind draw. And yet give a team that hs no chance an oppurtunity to be blown out on a much larger stage. My daughter graduates this year

when the ball gets tossed up at tip off the luck is over.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, correct me if I'm wrong. From what I've been told, there are kids who live in Bellevue, Dayton, Newport, Ft. Thomas, and Alexandria who attend NCC. So kids from Bellevue/Dayton are competing against a school with kids from different cities? Take the private/public school part out of it. That's a different issue. How good would NCC be if there would only be kids from Newport who went there? I'm talking year in and year out?

You weren' t debating geographics we were talking sizeof the schools. Geography would change the landscpe of every shool across the state because all the kids would be at different schools. My daughter would be at HHS. Sandfoss would be at CCHS as would several other girls. The only player I know for sure would be at Bellevue is Paige piccolo. So the result would be that some other schools in your district would be even stronger.

A couple years ago in 2006 Highlands and NCC were on opposite sides of the bracket and Newport went in and took down a pretty good team in NCC down and team that had D-1 Player Klei on it and then took down Highlands in the final so it can be done. But they went on and won a game in the region. I bet you those girls really felt good because they earned their berth into the region tournament and were able to compete in the region. They knew that they were not just going to get lucky and get blown out going into the region.

It can be done, but a player like Tamara Sneed doesn't come along real often to a program...

The All 'A' Classic is for the smallest 125 schools in KY. There are not just class 'A' schools in the tournament. Is that correct or was I given bad info?

The bottom line is you are splitting hairs. Not all thing s are going to be equal.HHS and NCC face larger schools all the time and win. HHS is bigger than NCC. HHS beat ryle earlier in the year.

What it comes down to is developing a program. Almost all shools can come up with a ew good players and put roll players around them. It is definately harder at a small school but it can be done.

You weren' t debating geographics we were talking sizeof the schools. Geography would change the landscpe of every shool across the state because all the kids would be at different schools. My daughter would be at HHS. Sandfoss would be at CCHS as would several other girls. The only player I know for sure would be at Bellevue is Paige piccolo. So the result would be that some other schools in your district would be even stronger.

I was answering your question as to why NCC is a small school but can compete with the larger schools.

I was answering your question as to why NCC is a small school but can compete with the larger schools.

They are still one of the smallest schools in ky (125 smallest). where the kids come from shouldN't matter. It

Tony Sanfoss had insight to this years ago, when he started an AAU team and knew he wanted to develope players that would later play with his daughter at NCC.My daughter benefitted from that very much. A few of the girls ended up going to other schools but that happens. It still starts at th grade school level and all these kid went to catholic grade schools.

Gary theim did the same thing with the jr.s

Edited by MARIAHNCC2009

They are still one of the smallest schools in ky (125 smallest). where the kids come from shouldN't matter. It

Tony Sanfoss had insight to this years ago, when he started an AAU team and knew he wanted to develope players that would later play with his daughter at NCC.My daughter benefitted from that very much. A few of the girls ended up going to other schools but that happens. It still starts at th grade school level and all these kid went to catholic grade schools.

Gary theim did the same thing with the jr.s[/quote

Okay, so you are saying getting kids from 3 or 4 different cities is the same amount of kids as what Bellevue has. Not sure the numbers, so hopefully someone from Bellevue can help me, but the last I heard was 250 kids 9 - 12. I never once said they were hand picking kids from other cities. I was just saying from what I was being told, there are kids from other cities going to NCC who are great players and that is why they can compete at the level that they do. And I totally agree with u, with a parent getting an AAU team together. I've said that numerous times to my buddies at Bellevue but you have to have someone willing to take that on such as a parent. I've heard at some schools it's the grade school parents who have a club which gets the kids involved in AAU. And I'm sure the girl who lives in Bellevue who goes to NCC could help Bellevue compete at a higher level. Anyway, like I said, I have no dog in the fight so I'm out. Just giving my opinion from the outside looking in.

Gary theim did the same thing with the jr.s

Gary also did it with his daughters Jamie and Greta when they were in school . My daughter played on one of his AAU teams then . Edited by KyTmcNcc

WOW!!!

Bellevue and Newport must be living right!!

What about St.Henry in the 34th. They had to be escatic when they were moved out of the 33rd. They pretty much get a free ride to the region every year.

I am not real familiar with the girls that go to NCC from Bellevue and Dayton but I was told last week at a middle school game at NCC that those girls tend to be overlooked. I hope this is not the case because there is a guard,and 2 post players from Holy Trinity that could be a huge asset to the NCC team. They are 8th graders and seem to play well. I think they could be an could definitely help out Bellevue and Dayton highschool but I am hoping they are going to NCC and given a fair shake.