36th District Draw

never understood why the state didn't step in and make it mandatory to have seeding. Imagine if they just had a blind draw for the NCAA tournament or any of the college conference tournaments. It's just a shame that one good team will not play in the regional AND that another team will get a bye in the first round of the regional. Isn't their district the only district that doesn't seed? And I would guess they never will as long as Bellevue, Newport, and Dayton continue to block seeding.

Totally agree, it is a shame!:confused:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh but they will put up that banner in the gym but it will never say "Because we got lucky in the draw"!

How can a player feel happy about getting to play in the Region, knowing full well that they only got in because they got lucky! Says a lot about the school, it's administration, players and fans to approve of this!

BTW I don't want to hear one peep out of the Bellevue/Newport fans coaches/players when they get hammered.

Oh but they will put up that banner in the gym but it will never say "Because we got lucky in the draw"!

How can a player feel happy about getting to play in the Region, knowing full well that they only got in because they got lucky! Says a lot about the school, it's administration, players and fans to approve of this!

BTW I don't want to hear one peep out of the Bellevue/Newport fans coaches/players when they get hammered.

THEN THE STATE SHOULD CLASSIFY BASKETBALL! Why is that never brought up???????? Why would Dayton/Newport/Bellevue vote to seed? Makes no sense for them to. BTW, the bolded statement above is pretty classy. I know the Bellevue kids are happy to have a chance to play in the Region. They've played hard and improved a ton, so why should they feel ashamed. They've had a pretty good year for them. Why do they not deserve it? Just because they don't play the larger schools? Year in and year out, how is Bellevue/Dayton/Newport supposed to compete with Highlands and NewCath?

THEN THE STATE SHOULD CLASSIFY BASKETBALL! Why is that never brought up???????? Why would Dayton/Newport/Bellevue vote to seed? Makes no sense for them to. BTW, the bolded statement above is pretty classy. I know the Bellevue kids are happy to have a chance to play in the Region. They've played hard and improved a ton, so why should they feel ashamed. They've had a pretty good year for them. Why do they not deserve it? Just because they don't play the larger schools? Year in and year out, how is Bellevue/Dayton/Newport supposed to compete with Highlands and NewCath?

The point is that the 9th region tournament should be made up of the 2 best teams from each district and not made up of teams that got a lucky draw.

The Newport Boys team somehow is doing it, why not the girls?

Again to any Bellevue/Dayton/Newport fans, are you willing to have a blind draw if and only if only one team gets to go to the Region?

The Newport Boys team somehow is doing it, why not the girls?

Again to any Bellevue/Dayton/Newport fans, are you willing to have a blind draw if and only if only one team gets to go to the Region?

IMO, yes. Simply because they will always be a 2,3, or 4 seed. With a blind draw, they could get to the finals and only have to make one upset to get the region. If they vote to see, they would need to upset two teams.

never understood why the state didn't step in and make it mandatory to have seeding. Imagine if they just had a blind draw for the NCAA tournament or any of the college conference tournaments. It's just a shame that one good team will not play in the regional AND that another team will get a bye in the first round of the regional. Isn't their district the only district that doesn't seed? And I would guess they never will as long as Bellevue, Newport, and Dayton continue to block seeding.

You mean like the blind draw they have in the regional and state tournament.

If it is good enough for the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH, the Sweet 16, why is it not good enough for the districts?

Do the banners at NCC or Highlands say, 'Because we played a small classs 'A' school to make the region'? I didn't think so!

IMO, yes. Simply because they will always be a 2,3, or 4 seed. With a blind draw, they could get to the finals and only have to make one upset to get the region. If they vote to see, they would need to upset two teams.

Sorry, meant 3, 4, or 5 seed.

Sorry, meant 3, 4, or 5 seed.

With that type of mentality, I guess you never will be more than that.

What is stopping you from being a 1 or 2 seed?

NCC is a 1 a school they compete with the larger schools.

With that type of mentality, I guess you never will be more than that.

What is stopping you from being a 1 or 2 seed?

I don't have any dogs in the fight. I am good friends with some people from Bellevue so I know what pretty much goes on with sports at Bellevue. I was just giving my opinion.