Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

36th District Draw

Featured Replies

District draws are a joke. This one just illustrates how another undeserving team will make it to the regional.

  • Replies 114
  • Views 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

District draws are a joke. This one just illustrates how another undeserving team will make it to the regional.

 

 

I know it is how it has always been done but I do not think the district runner-up should make the Regionals. Regardless if they seed or draw for Districts.

I don't think in Coach Dawn's system he really cares where a girl went to grade school or where she lives. He will play the best players. Period!
:thumb:Well stated :thumb:

Does the 9th region share the proceeds of the tournament with all of the teams in the 9th region or just the tournament participants?

Isn't NCC in Division 2 in basketball. For some reason I was thinking that the 9th region was broken down in 3 Divisions. With 1 being the larger schools. Maybe I misunderstood? Any help here?

 

NCC is 1 "A" School in basketball.:jump:

I don't think in Coach Dawn's system he really cares where a girl went to grade school or where she lives. He will play the best players. Period!

 

This is great to hear!!!!! I guess that is how rumors start.

Does the 9th region share the proceeds of the tournament with all of the teams in the 9th region or just the tournament participants?

 

If I am not mistaken, with the move to the BOKC, yes they do, that is all get a cut!

NCC just won the ALL "A" Classic. Yes with the class system in football they are 2A, but before they went to 6 classes they were 1A. But in basketball they are class A. Newport is class 2A in football and have been even before football went to 6 classes

 

And there you go. Isnt this this the very reason that the State has the ALL A Tourney? Give the smaller schools their due and a chance to play in the Region and possibly win a State Championship without having to face the embarassment of losing to a bigger school or program. Funny how when the shoe is on the other foot in this PC society these same schools and system goes out of their way again to eliminate the Bigger programs and schools again, but this time from the only tourney the Big Schools and programs are allowed to play in. All this by using a blind draw to their advantage in an effort to eliminate the competition. The last time I checked tourneys are played on the field of play to determine winners. Not by "the luck of the draw" just so a non deserving team can claim a spot in the Region over a victim of Politically Correctness. Does the ALL A have a blind draw? Or is it seeded? I dont know, Iam just asking. I just think that Bellevue, Dayton and Newport need to do the right thing and that would be to agree to seed. Not real sure what message is being sent to these young kids to say "hey, if big brother (KHSAA) doesnt stop us then why not take full advantage" Its because you deserve it and you have earned it. Great Job. :ohbrother:20n10

  • Author
And there you go. Isnt this this the very reason that the State has the ALL A Tourney? Give the smaller schools their due and a chance to play in the Region and possibly win a State Championship without having to face the embarassment of losing to a bigger school or program. Funny how when the shoe is on the other foot in this PC society these same schools and system goes out of their way again to eliminate the Bigger programs and schools again, but this time from the only tourney the Big Schools and programs are allowed to play in. All this by using a blind draw to their advantage in an effort to eliminate the competition. The last time I checked tourneys are played on the field of play to determine winners. Not by "the luck of the draw" just so a non deserving team can claim a spot in the Region over a victim of Politically Correctness. Does the ALL A have a blind draw? Or is it seeded? I dont know, Iam just asking. I just think that Bellevue, Dayton and Newport need to do the right thing and that would be to agree to seed. Not real sure what message is being sent to these young kids to say "hey, if big brother (KHSAA) doesnt stop us then why not take full advantage" Its because you deserve it and you have earned it. Great Job. :ohbrother:20n10

 

The Region and state All A draw but just the champion of the region advances to state so it really does not matter because the best team of the region will play their way through.

They do draw for the regional - a district champion plays a district runner-up and both must be in opposite brackets. And yes they also draw for the All 'A' Regional (at least in the 9th they do). But draw for the All 'A' State? Ahh, not to start anything too controversal, but I have strong doubts whether this is done or not. I know one thing for sure - it is NOT drawn publicly, like the Sweet 16. It is "drawn" behind closed doors with a committee. If you go back and look at the "draws" of the tournaments, it seems rather ironic how it is arranged. And if it is not a blind draw, I don't have a big problem with that either because it is a non-sanctioned KHSAA tournement so the tournament committee can set it up anyway they want just like any other tournament. Just food for thought.

I am not real familiar with the girls that go to NCC from Bellevue and Dayton but I was told last week at a middle school game at NCC that those girls tend to be overlooked. I hope this is not the case because there is a guard,and 2 post players from Holy Trinity that could be a huge asset to the NCC team. They are 8th graders and seem to play well. I think they could be an could definitely help out Bellevue and Dayton highschool but I am hoping they are going to NCC and given a fair shake.

 

Ron will play the girls that work the hardest and give NCC the best chance to win. I'm not sure wwho told you they get overlooked, but I would challenge them to give an example rather than making a blanketb statement they aren"t willing or unable to back up.

I get tired of hearing all the belly aching over this debate. Win every game you play and advance and be quiet. Its a tournament, loser is done, winner moves on. So you have to play a tough team early on, so what. You are going to face a good team eventually anyway if you want to advance.

 

So Highlands and NCC wants a cakewalk to the Region? Why dont they just give them the District Championship and Runner up every year and not even play the darn thing.

 

Bellevue and Dayton put together solid teams usually every 3 to 5 years and those are teams that could possibly pull a major upset. Look at a few years back in the boys tourney when Highlands had Nic Simpson and they were taken to the wire by Dayton.

 

This year's Dayton boys team is very deep and talented and could upset NCC if they are having a terrible night.

 

I just get so sick of all the crying over this team doesnt deserve to go because they will get blown out. If that is the case then dont even have the District Tournament. Crown their you know whats.

I get tired of hearing all the belly aching over this debate. Win every game you play and advance and be quiet. Its a tournament, loser is done, winner moves on. So you have to play a tough team early on, so what. You are going to face a good team eventually anyway if you want to advance.

 

So Highlands and NCC wants a cakewalk to the Region? Why dont they just give them the District Championship and Runner up every year and not even play the darn thing.

 

Bellevue and Dayton put together solid teams usually every 3 to 5 years and those are teams that could possibly pull a major upset. Look at a few years back in the boys tourney when Highlands had Nic Simpson and they were taken to the wire by Dayton.

 

This year's Dayton boys team is very deep and talented and could upset NCC if they are having a terrible night.

 

I just get so sick of all the crying over this team doesnt deserve to go because they will get blown out. If that is the case then dont even have the District Tournament. Crown their you know whats.

They should at least play the championship game so we know who the champion is.lol

Seriously not a cake walk but the 2 best teams should advance. True if you want to win it all you have tobeat the best teams anyway. However you would like to say you'll just win and advance but when teams are evenly matched anything can happen and you would like to have another shot. That is why 2 teams from each region advance. I am sure the runner up often advances to the sweet sixteen. If all the other disticts did a blind draw that would be fine. they don't so the best 2 always andvace to the region. the rest of the ninth loves it this way because one of them is getting a first round bye.

I get tired of hearing all the belly aching over this debate. Win every game you play and advance and be quiet. Its a tournament, loser is done, winner moves on. So you have to play a tough team early on, so what. You are going to face a good team eventually anyway if you want to advance.

 

So Highlands and NCC wants a cakewalk to the Region? Why dont they just give them the District Championship and Runner up every year and not even play the darn thing.

 

Bellevue and Dayton put together solid teams usually every 3 to 5 years and those are teams that could possibly pull a major upset. Look at a few years back in the boys tourney when Highlands had Nic Simpson and they were taken to the wire by Dayton.

 

This year's Dayton boys team is very deep and talented and could upset NCC if they are having a terrible night.

 

I just get so sick of all the crying over this team doesnt deserve to go because they will get blown out. If that is the case then dont even have the District Tournament. Crown their you know whats.

 

And I get so sick and tired of the ALL A. I ask Why? Everyone gets a trophy. Thats Why. Because it just wouldnt be politically correct if the small schools had to face a bigger and better school to win a tourney and get a trophy. You are missing my point. Dayton, Bel, NCC and Npt have the ALL A. Its real simple. By the 36 Dist doing what they do, they are almost securing a Boone or Kenton Cty team to win the Region every yr simply because the system is eliminating one of the best teams yr in and yr out of the tourney and that so happens to be a 36 Dist team. I must say the BC and KC teams have to be laughing it up thinking how ridiculous to blind draw. :thumb: Either get rid of the ALL A or go to a seeding system. Sorry, but I disagree that the small schools should have their cake and eat it too just because they can based on a majority vote. I couldnt resist. Also, dont kid yourself if you think that the chance of upsets every 3 to 5 yrs between these 36th small schools exist in the Girls tourney. It just doesnt happen. Boys maybe, but not Girls. I respect your opinion but you are way off on this one. Go Birds. 20n10

[/b]

 

And I get so sick and tired of the ALL A. I ask Why? Everyone gets a trophy. Thats Why. Because it just wouldnt be politically correct if the small schools had to face a bigger and better school to win a tourney and get a trophy. You are missing my point. Dayton, Bel, NCC and Npt have the ALL A. Its real simple. By the 36 Dist doing what they do, they are almost securing a Boone or Kenton Cty team to win the Region every yr simply because the system is eliminating one of the best teams yr in and yr out of the tourney and that so happens to be a 36 Dist team. I must say the BC and KC teams have to be laughing it up thinking how ridiculous to blind draw. :thumb: Either get rid of the ALL A or go to a seeding system. Sorry, but I disagree that the small schools should have their cake and eat it too just because they can based on a majority vote. I couldnt resist. Also, dont kid yourself if you think that the chance of upsets every 3 to 5 yrs between these 36th small schools exist in the Girls tourney. It just doesnt happen. Boys maybe, but not Girls. I respect your opinion but you are way off on this one. Go Birds. 20n10

 

You have a point with the All A State Tourney but that in itself has become the Private A State Tourney. I am not opposed to seeding, I think they should all play each other during the year and have to earn their spot. I just geta little tired of some fans getting all worked up because either Highlands or NCC got a raw deal and the other didnt. Its not the small schools problem and why would they vote to seed? Newport is the one that is the deciding 3rd vote each year, maybe they should be the ones that get most of the grief. Like I said in another forum, maybe the boys 36th, I have a son who is a freshman and he will have to put up with the Blind draw over the next few years. I will say a few prayers on the day of the draw I am sure. :isurrender::isurrender:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.