36th District Draw

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does it make the District Championship that much more important? So if you're Boone Co. you're sitting on pins and needles wondering if you get Bellevue or Newport.

The only way for NCC or HHS to get to the regional is to win the championship thus making it that much more important, regardless of what Boone co is doing waiting for it 1st round sacraficial lamb.

There's very little good that comes out of this draw, but at least it's on a neutral floor.

The rest of the region would love for the 36th to continue to do the draw forever.

I don't see it changing anytime soon Dayton/Newport/Bellevue will never vote to seed, so thats 3-2 and that will never change at least not in the near future.

never understood why the state didn't step in and make it mandatory to have seeding. Imagine if they just had a blind draw for the NCAA tournament or any of the college conference tournaments. It's just a shame that one good team will not play in the regional AND that another team will get a bye in the first round of the regional. Isn't their district the only district that doesn't seed? And I would guess they never will as long as Bellevue, Newport, and Dayton continue to block seeding.

never understood why the state didn't step in and make it mandatory to have seeding. Imagine if they just had a blind draw for the NCAA tournament or any of the college conference tournaments. It's just a shame that one good team will not play in the regional AND that another team will get a bye in the first round of the regional. Isn't their district the only district that doesn't seed? And I would guess they never will as long as Bellevue, Newport, and Dayton continue to block seeding.

And you can't blame the other 3 schools...it's virtually the only way they will have a shot at the region so I'm sure they would rather get hammered than to have never played at all.

And you can't blame the other 3 schools...it's virtually the only way they will have a shot at the region so I'm sure they would rather get hammered than to have never played at all.

Seriously? They would rather go into the district finals and get their brains beat in and then play in the regional and get the same thing done again? What good does that do for your program? Just so you can "brag" about being district runner-up. Sorry, no way can I agree with your reasoning.