36th District Draw

A couple years ago in 2006 Highlands and NCC were on opposite sides of the bracket and Newport went in and took down a pretty good team in NCC down and team that had D-1 Player Klei on it and then took down Highlands in the final so it can be done. But they went on and won a game in the region. I bet you those girls really felt good because they earned their berth into the region tournament and were able to compete in the region. They knew that they were not just going to get lucky and get blown out going into the region.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So why do they think they can not be a 1 or 2 seed?

I don't think it's a matter of NEVER thinking they can be a 1 or 2 seed, I think it comes down to year in and year out. With small schools such as Bellevue and Dayton, the talent comes in cycles.

I thought they were 2A. Don't they play 2A in football and track?

NCC just won the ALL "A" Classic. Yes with the class system in football they are 2A, but before they went to 6 classes they were 1A. But in basketball they are class A. Newport is class 2A in football and have been even before football went to 6 classes

IMO, yes. Simply because they will always be a 2,3, or 4 seed. With a blind draw, they could get to the finals and only have to make one upset to get the region. If they vote to see, they would need to upset two teams.

I don't think it's a matter of NEVER thinking they can be a 1 or 2 seed, I think it comes down to year in and year out. With small schools such as Bellevue and Dayton, the talent comes in cycles.

So always was not the right word to use. I think there is no reason why Bellevue, Dayton, or Newport can not be a 1 or 2 seed.

In sports like football enrollment size can make a difference. In basketball I think enrollment size has not near the impact as there are 5 players on the floor at a time.

So always was not the right word to use. I think there is no reason why Bellevue, Dayton, or Newport can not be a 1 or 2 seed.

In sports like football enrollment size can make a difference. In basketball I think enrollment size has not near the impact as there are 5 players on the floor at a time.

Agree, ALWAYS was not the right word to use. I was just speaking from the time I started following Bellevue.

Although, if you have 15 really good kids trying out, and then you have only 5 really good kids trying out for a smaller school, I would think larger school is at an advantage. Just my take.

NCC is a 1 a school they compete with the larger schools.

Okay, correct me if I'm wrong. From what I've been told, there are kids who live in Bellevue, Dayton, Newport, Ft. Thomas, and Alexandria who attend NCC. So kids from Bellevue/Dayton are competing against a school with kids from different cities? Take the private/public school part out of it. That's a different issue. How good would NCC be if there would only be kids from Newport who went there? I'm talking year in and year out?

Okay, correct me if I'm wrong. From what I've been told, there are kids who live in Bellevue, Dayton, Newport, Ft. Thomas, and Alexandria who attend NCC. So kids from Bellevue/Dayton are competing against a school with kids from different cities? Take the private/public school part out of it. That's a different issue. How good would NCC be if there would only be kids from Newport who went there? I'm talking year in and year out?

Most of the kids that go to NCC are out of Newport, Ft. Thomas, and Cold Spring.

So, year in and year out, how good would they be if only kids from Newport were on the team? :idunno:

Well the fact of the matter is that is not what happens, but anyways this is getting to a Public/Private debate and not the topic.

Well the fact of the matter is that is not what happens, but anyways this is getting to a Public/Private debate and not the topic.

Agree. And I didn't want it to get to that. I was just stating a fact of why NCC is usually better year in and year out along with being a Class A/AA school. Good Luck to all in the District Tournament. :dancingpa

It has always been the Catholic Secondary School for Northern Campbell Co . The only reason that the call it Newport Central Catholic is that is where the Diocese of Covington built it when they acquired the Wiedemann estate in the 1950's on the hill in Newport . I suppose the could have kept the St Stephans name , or for that matter maybe they should have called it Campbell Co Catholic High school .:D It would have eliminated a lot of confusion.

Edited by KyTmcNcc