36th District Draw

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be interesting to be in the room and see the faces of the coaches when this draw is in process.....

Someone in the 9th is going to have an easy first round Regional game, and some other team in the 36th district will proudly display a District Runnersup trophy.

My favorite phrase this year is..........it is what it is!

NCC and Highlands are on the same side of the draw, one of these two teams will not play in the region.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/preps/2010/02/04/36th-district-draw/

This makes it very interesting for Highlands and NCC. It"s not exactly the best thing for the regional tournament(not having the best teams qualify), but it does make the district championship that much more important.

One of these days perhaps the rest of the district will see it makes sence to have the best teams advance not the luckiest. To bad the newport boys seem to be very lucky it would have been justice had it not worked out for them so nicely.

This makes it very interesting for Highlands and NCC. It"s not exactly the best thing for the regional tournament(not having the best teams qualify), but it does make the district championship that much more important.

One of these days perhaps the rest of the district will see it makes sence to have the best teams advance not the luckiest. To bad the newport boys seem to be very lucky it would have been justice had it not worked out for them so nicely.

It is my understanding the schools vote for this draw vs seeding. When NDA played Dayton two years ago in the Region they (Dayton) came in all pepped up but went home with a thrashing. I am not sure it is a good thing but as stated earlier they do have a District Runnersup Trophy to show for it. I doubt the score of the District final or 1 st Round Regional loss is anywhere on that trophy which I am sure sits in a prominant place.

Why does it make the District Championship that much more important? So if you're Boone Co. you're sitting on pins and needles wondering if you get Bellevue or Newport.