Lost (TV Show)

halfback20

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MIB means the Man in Black in reference to Jacob's counterpart. The last episode of Season 5 shows him at the beginning of the episode talking to Jacob. His name has never been revealed, at least not that I know of.

It hasn't. And if I remember correctly, when it first showed Jacob and the "Man in black", Jacob was wearing white while the "MIB" was wearing black.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is what I think:

MIB- Is actually good.

Jacob- Bad

I just think that seems like the typical twist they want. Jacob did give the MIB a white stone? That doesn't make sense if Jacob is the good one. Maybe the MIB is actually a good spirit and Jacob is bad, that is why Jacob keeps him locked up on the island.

If they are following a good vs evil, heaven vs hell, God vs the devil... then it would make sense that Jacob is the "Anti-Christ". :confused: Not really sure, the next episode will probably make all this change, but this is by far the most revealing Lost episode I can think of. Only 7 left!

Here is what I think:

MIB- Is actually good.

Jacob- Bad

I just think that seems like the typical twist they want. Jacob did give the MIB a white stone? That doesn't make sense if Jacob is the good one. Maybe the MIB is actually a good spirit and Jacob is bad, that is why Jacob keeps him locked up on the island.

If they are following a good vs evil, heaven vs hell, God vs the devil... then it would make sense that Jacob is the "Anti-Christ". :confused: Not really sure, the next episode will probably make all this change, but this is by far the most revealing Lost episode I can think of. Only 7 left!

I really don't see how anyone could think of Jacob being anything other than good, and the MIB being anything other than bad.

Jacob healed many people throughout the show. MIB has killed many innocent people throughout the show.

Jacob gave him a white rock to give to the MIB (IMO) as a symbol that he got Ricardo to be good, not evil.

Here is what I think:

MIB- Is actually good.

Jacob- Bad

Not to sound condescending, but how in the world do you come to that conclusion? I think the parallels between Jacob and God, and the MIB and evil are evident throughout last night's episode...

Not to sound condescending, but how in the world do you come to that conclusion? I think the parallels between Jacob and God, and the MIB and evil are evident throughout last night's episode...

But when has Lost ever done that? And to be honest if that's the way it ends I'll be a little disappointed because that is too obvious. I can just see Jacob being evil. Why would he bring people to the island? They all just get killed... So if he is good then why does he bring them?

One thing for sure is the last episode showed the first time Jacob felt threatened by MIB. He paused for awhile and thought about it when Richard told him who sent him. Maybe that is why he is bringing people to the island and MIB is keeping track of them in the cave. Either way I just don't think Jacob is the good guy he is portrayed to be. It's just too obvious for Lost, they have to throw in a twist with that.

I do hope they continue more on this storyline and don't go back to someone like Kate or Sawyer.

But when has Lost ever done that? And to be honest if that's the way it ends I'll be a little disappointed because that is too obvious. I can just see Jacob being evil. Why would he bring people to the island? They all just get killed... So if he is good then why does he bring them?

One thing for sure is the last episode showed the first time Jacob felt threatened by MIB. He paused for awhile and thought about it when Richard told him who sent him. Maybe that is why he is bringing people to the island and MIB is keeping track of them in the cave. Either way I just don't think Jacob is the good guy he is portrayed to be. It's just too obvious for Lost, they have to throw in a twist with that.

I do hope they continue more on this storyline and don't go back to someone like Kate or Sawyer.

Jacob is bringing people to the island to replace him. And he needs a replacement because he needs to keep the MIB on the island. He needs the MIB on the island because he is evil.

I don't know about you all, but it pretty much makes sense why they chose the name "Jacob"...at least in my opinion.

I just finished last night's episode and I thought it was amazing. I'm not exactly going to pretend what it all means, but it was one of the better ones I believe.

I really don't see how anyone could think of Jacob being anything other than good, and the MIB being anything other than bad.

Jacob healed many people throughout the show. MIB has killed many innocent people throughout the show.

Jacob gave him a white rock to give to the MIB (IMO) as a symbol that he got Ricardo to be good, not evil.

Yeah, that is a good point. I didn't think about that.

I am just trying to figure out what is going to happen and to me it seems like Jacob turning out evil would be a great twist. Maybe it will happen, maybe not. All I know is this last episode was awesome and has me pumped. :thumb:

I also thought that it was interesting that they showed how the statue got destroyed.

I'm not going to pretend to be the "know all" between God vs. the Devil, but I do know quite a bit about the bible and the different stories. I think it is very interesting that this is the route the show is taking. I had suspected something sort of like this when they talked about this Jacob character, but it certainly took them a while to get here lol.

I watched the show before reading the thread and that is what I thought as well as I was watching it. I definitely think it was inteded to be a slap in the MIB's face that Ricardo chose to work with Jacob.

Jacob is bringing people to the island to replace him. And he needs a replacement because he needs to keep the MIB on the island. He needs the MIB on the island because he is evil.

I don't get why Jacob needs to leave the island in the first place? If no one is brought then no one can kill him. The more people he brings, the more that die and the more that get convinced that he his evil by MIB.

When the girl (can't think of her name, but is with Jack, Ben, and them on the beach) says that Richard will know what to do when the time comes, and he doesn't, I didn't know what to think. But then at the end he knows what he has to do through Hurley and his wife, and that is to kill MIB. So maybe that is Jacob working through Richards wife.