I have a bit of a situation.

PutMeInCoach

They make rubber buckshot. Flattens out when it hits an object. 12ga. with rubber buckshot, make sure they are not looking at you when you squeeze the trigger. Then it will stop. I'd be polite as they are running away at mach speed thinking they are headed to the ER to have buckshot removed or think that their lives will be ending shortly and in a calm voice tell them that they will be fine, it was rubber buckshot, but the one in the magazine is lead, and will be following this one if you catch them again in the woodpile.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alright, I wouldn't normally put you up to no good, but stealing from a neighbor is just low.

Here's what I would do:

Buy some crazy loud, explosive fireworks that are shaped like cylinders. Drill a hole in some random pieces of wood and load them up. When they steal the wood, they'll get a nice surprise :thumb:

While this would be hilarious say they put it in a stove inside with glass, and God forbid someone gets hurt you could be liable for this as crazy as it sounds.

Is it bad when I saw this thread title, I thought about Mike "The Situation" for the Jersey Shore. I thought this thread would be about your abs. If this were the case, you could just go over to the firewood and fist pump all night.

:lol: I was looking for a story about having some chicks at his house and some other chicks showing up. Or needing someone to jump on the grenade.

I believe this is your best route. I would go over to the neighbors and play it innocently. Ask them to keep an eye out for apparent thieves stealing your mother's firewood. Let them know you have alerted the police department and they have started an investigation. Never come out and accuse them unless they out themselves and then explain the potential criminal activity they could be charged with.

:thumb:

I'll come over and stake-out the firewood thieves, while you sit over at my place and catch the bums that are getting into our cars. :thumb:

I agree with the play innocent part. However, say that you've noticed they seem to burn fires frequently, and you were wondering if they've noticed any issues with their wood pile.

I've never met you, but for some reason I don't picture this as being your answer to the problem if it were happening to you. :lol:

I have met RP and I say his post was bull crap. :lol::lol:

Drill holes in the firewood and stuff them with firecrackers and bottle rockets.

Alright, I wouldn't normally put you up to no good, but stealing from a neighbor is just low.

Here's what I would do:

Buy some crazy loud, explosive fireworks that are shaped like cylinders. Drill a hole in some random pieces of wood and load them up. When they steal the wood, they'll get a nice surprise :thumb:

I knew I liked ya'll for some reason! :clap::clap::clap:

I like that!!! When my dad used to smoke years ago, someone was stealing his cigs off his desk at work. He loaded them with the trick exploding cigarette loads, ... within the hour he found the culprit. Priceless!

Now that is funny! :lol:

With all of the BGP members volunteering to help you (& count me in), it sounds like you could assemble quite a posse!!

The sight of all of us backing you up could make quite an impression!

You could always leave a big note under the tarp - "You're on Candid Camera" - on a serious note I would try and secure the wood either in a garage or in a shed and lock it. If you really think it's the neighbor get a security camera. We burn wood also and don't have a wood pile, however it isn't our only source of heat.

Will these motions cameras pick up at night?

Yeah. You can look some up online at Cabela's or BassPro. Hunters use them ALL the time to stake out the land they hunt on. They're priced pretty decently. I might suggest, though, that you get one that doesn't have a flash or make much noise. (I would imagine if someone is stealing wood and realizes that they have just been photographed by a motion camera...the motion camera may end up in the back of their truck with the wood.)