Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

GrizzlyAdams

This is much much better than COD4 and that was a great game. The environments are a lot nicer and look a lot better. The multiplayer is just awesome, the weapons and attachments are unreal and the campaign is great. IMO this is a nice upgrade from COD4 and is a must have.

Other than the look of the game, tell me what about the multiplayer gameplay is all that different? I know the customizable perks, one of which is the AC90 perk, but other than that, what is all that different? Campaign, that's just a plus at this point. The most played element is and always will be the multiplayer. That's what made Modern Warfare.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other than the look of the game, tell me what about the multiplayer gameplay is all that different? I know the customizable perks, one of which is the AC90 perk, but other than that, what is all that different? Campaign, that's just a plus at this point. The most played element is and always will be the multiplayer. That's what made Modern Warfare.

For starters, the maps are a lot better designed. Secondly kill streaks are now customizable as well as better servers.

For starters, the maps are a lot better designed. Secondly kill streaks are now customizable as well as better servers.

Those are tertiary things. Kind of like equipment and maps in Halo 3 from Halo 2. It technically made it a better game but did little to offer that much more. Again, does nothing more than make this Modern Warfare 1.5. And I'm not saying that's a problem, but I don't see myself falling all over myself to declare this the greatest game of all-time either. A lot of people said that Halo 3 was the greatest of all-time in the early days, and then as time went by, the flaws began to be exposed and people got upset about the relative lack of difference in gameplay between that and Halo 2, or even Halo before it.

My hunch is, this is a technically better game with some updated looks and some tweaks here and there, but it is ultimately built upon the same engine as Modern Warfare, and will play very similarly with some exceptions, like the customizable killstreaks and perks. Not going to stop me from buying it, but I'm going to need to see something that blows my mind to call this the GOAT.

I still play Halo 3 a couple times a week and have never been into COD. I am thinking about making the switch, but obviously my game play will take some time to catch up to everyone else. Someone sell me on the switch...

Don't bet on it. The switch from Halo 3 to COD4 was one of the easiest transitions I've ever made. Halo 3 is waaaay harder. A word to the wise: If you make the switch, say goodbye to Halo 3. If you take a significant amount of time off, you will not be able to get back to the level you were at quickly. I spent 3 months away from Halo 3, and got my head handed to me regularly when I popped it back in. I haven't played COD4 (or WaW for that matter) since August, and I guarantee you 100% I can pop them back in now or play MW2 and be just fine.

Don't bet on it. The switch from Halo 3 to COD4 was one of the easiest transitions I've ever made. Halo 3 is waaaay harder. A word to the wise: If you make the switch, say goodbye to Halo 3. If you take a significant amount of time off, you will not be able to get back to the level you were at quickly. I spent 3 months away from Halo 3, and got my head handed to me regularly when I popped it back in. I haven't played COD4 (or WaW for that matter) since August, and I guarantee you 100% I can pop them back in now or play MW2 and be just fine.

I'm sold!

I took like 2 months off from Halo and I was around level 40ish and now anytime I play I get crushed.

I took like 2 months off from Halo and I was around level 40ish and now anytime I play I get crushed.

I'm terrified of playing Team Slayer. I was a 47 when I started playing COD4 more, and the first few times back, I was getting cursed pretty hard by my teammates because I could not carry my weight. It was incredibly depressing. I've played a few times recently, and I stick to Squad Battle right now where I'm only a 5. I'm just trying to get the feel back.

I waited in line last night at gamestop for almost 2 hours to pick up the game at midnight. I managed to get a copy. Come home put it in, and RED RINGS!!!:madman::madman::madman::madman:

But luckily my father plays this game just as much as I do. And we were looking into getting two xbox's anyways. So He's going to pick one up on his way home from work. And we're going to send the other one off. This will be my 3rd XboX. And do not tell me to get a PS3 because I will buy 10 xbox's before I get a PS3. None of my friends play PS3, and the competition isn't as stiff as xbox.

Is it true there is a level where you play as a terrorist and run around shooting up people, including small children in the airport?

I have never really played the games so I don't know, but I heard some people talking about this this morning and I find it rather disturbing.

Is it true there is a level where you play as a terrorist and run around shooting up people, including small children in the airport?

I have never really played the games so I don't know, but I heard some people talking about this this morning and I find it rather disturbing.

Yes and no.

It is true there is a mission in the campaign (3rd or 4th I believe) in which you are working undercover and have to gain a terrorists trust. You are in an airport and shoot civilians, you can miss them if you want though. BUT it is women and men no kids are depicted in the characters. I just played that mission of the campaign.

There is a part at the main beginning of the game in which you can choose to skip overly violent parts.

I haven't made it that far. however I know at some point you go under cover as a CIA operative that has to appear as though he's part of this rouge regime. I'd say it's possible. To be honest with you though the game is not meant for children, which is why it contains a rating of M for Mature meaning the game is not intended for anyone younger than 17.

. And we're going to send the other one off. This will be my 3rd XboX. And do not tell me to get a PS3 because I will buy 10 xbox's before I get a PS3. None of my friends play PS3, and the competition isn't as stiff as xbox.

Have fun sending in for your used 5 and 6th xbox over the next year.

I'm still on my original ps3, going on year two now.

Not sure about your competition comment. The few times a month i play cod on my brothers xbox, i dont see any difference in competition.

I am heavily active on Halo 3, but bought COD: WaW to play with a few friends and really just hate the game. Perhaps because I'm use to having to be shot numerous times to die in Halo and the jumping and running and stuff.

I haven't played Modern Warfare one or two, but I may try it. I bought WaW and have played it three times.