Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

GrizzlyAdams

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have fun sending in for your used 5 and 6th xbox over the next year.

I'm still on my original ps3, going on year two now.

Not sure about your competition comment. The few times a month i play cod on my brothers xbox, i dont see any difference in competition.

Still on my first XBox 360, and as I think I've posted in another thread, the only PS3 owner I know, his PS3 broke within months of buying it. I think there's one person I personally know that has had any issues, and it was the E74 issue with the graphics. For all I know, he caused that himself by modding his XBox, and he doesn't have to worry about that now because he got caught in the latest waves of banning.

Still on my first XBox 360, and as I think I've posted in another thread, the only PS3 owner I know, his PS3 broke within months of buying it. I think there's one person I personally know that has had any issues, and it was the E74 issue with the graphics. For all I know, he caused that himself by modding his XBox, and he doesn't have to worry about that now because he got caught in the latest waves of banning.

This is the first time i've actaully heard of an xbox owner sticking up for its quality while putting down Sony. I do think xbox does a good job at getting reconditioned consoles to their customers.

Just doing a quick search, there are a few threads about xboxs that fail. I cant find to many complaints about Sony.

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?t=185615&highlight=red+ring

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?t=184099&highlight=red+ring

This is the first time i've actaully heard of an xbox owner sticking up for its quality while putting down Sony. I do think xbox does a good job at getting reconditioned consoles to their customers.

Just doing a quick search, there are a few threads about xboxs that fail. I cant find to many complaints about Sony.

I'm on my second Xbox 360, but I have heard of some problems with the PS3's.

Regardless of the trouble I had with my Xbox, I still wouldn't trade it for PS3.

And Microsoft gave me 1 free month of Xbox Live and a refurbished Xbox 360 at no charge.

Yes and no.

It is true there is a mission in the campaign (3rd or 4th I believe) in which you are working undercover and have to gain a terrorists trust. You are in an airport and shoot civilians, you can miss them if you want though. BUT it is women and men no kids are depicted in the characters. I just played that mission of the campaign.

There is a part at the main beginning of the game in which you can choose to skip overly violent parts.

Being undercover makes me a lot more likely to buy this game at Christmas, I was wanting it then heard that this morning and not that you were undercover just that you were a terrorist shooting up an airport and I thought no way I would buy a game with that. But being undercover puts a tad different spin on the mission. Thanks.

I'm not trying to put down Sony, merely pointing out that in my relatively small sample size, the major problem was with a Sony rather than an XBox 360. The only 360 owner I know who had a problem had modded his, so it's tough to say whether the problem was there all along or not.

PS3 problems are out there, but are not nearly as rampant as the 360 problems. Microsoft pushed a console out that was not ready, but for the most part, after about a year or so, the RROD problem was well within acceptable levels. And Microsoft should be commended for extending their warranty to three years to cover the problem. I do know that with Sony, if you receive the yellow light of death, which is pretty much the exact same problem as the RROD (soldering connections), if it's outside of a year, you're done.

Much better, IMO.

And I meant to say "good" in my last post, not "food" :lol:. My iPhone has a mind of it's own.

Here's the way I feel about it. In general, I favor Halo games over other games. It takes a special kind of game to sway me from that. COD4: Modern Warfare was that type of game. WaW has absolutely nothing special. It offers no innovation whatsoever, merely rehashing the same old WWII genre built on the Modern Warfare style engine. Had they even attempted in the slightest to change from Modern Warfare I might feel differently about it. Halo 3 is a slight notch down from Halo 2, but given the choice, I'd play either over WaW, and most definitely do.

It's probably a preference thing. If you enjoy the slightly faster paced style and "realism" of Call of Duty games, you're probably going to favor them over Halo. WaW certainly has better graphics (as it should given it came out a year later), but I just never felt it offered enough to play it over a game like Halo 3. If I wanted to play a Call of Duty game, I'll play COD4, the far superior game.

You're right I will send off for 5 or 6 of them before I own a PS3. I just hate PS3. And Its not that I'm a Microsoft fanboy either. I loved PS2 compared to the regular Xbox. I like the 360 controllers better and the whole live experience is so much better for me on xbox. If I didn't play online. I would rather own the PS3 over the xbox. But I don't ever play single player by myself. I haven't even tried the single player on modern warfare 2 yet. And never did beat the single player on halo 3 or World at War.

Being undercover makes me a lot more likely to buy this game at Christmas, I was wanting it then heard that this morning and not that you were undercover just that you were a terrorist shooting up an airport and I thought no way I would buy a game with that. But being undercover puts a tad different spin on the mission. Thanks.

I think once you play that level you won't be upset about it. The campaign is like a movie, that's a key part in the plot and make the game that much better, it has a great storyline.