Montana Family wins lawsuit against Louisville Slugger

UKBLUE1964

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel for the family and the loss of their son.

But this is what is wrong with the world. Lawsuits like this are laughable.

the new Slugger warning

If this bat hits an object it will come off fast enough to hurt you. If you are not qucik enough to catch the object, then you should play with something else.

I agree with everyone. I feel for the family and for the loss, but come on. Its common sense. The lawyers in this case took advantage of a common sense factor that wasn't printed on the bat.

If I worked legal for LS, I would of been hammering for this to be on the bat years ago, b/c knowing the world today, would of seen this coming. I guess giving the "benefit of the doubt" days are over in the world. Once again I feel for their loss, but using it make a quick buck. Sad! IMO

On another note at what point will we have warnings on everything we own, b/c of a lawsuit.

We need a law requiring warning labels on personal injury lawyers.:ohbrother:

I would exempt Hearsay, LN and all other BGP attorneys because they're ok.:banana:

Actually, the blame really rests with the juries in these cases because so often awards seem to be based on emotion rather than guilt.

Debbie Patch says she hopes the decision will make more people aware of the dangers associated with aluminum bats and that more youth leagues will switch to using wooden bats.

Then start a campaign. Sucks they lost a child but that's ridiculous. If someone dies in a car accident can the family sue the automaker because of the lack of warnings on the car?

Those people in the jury are morons.

I wonder if it's too late for me to sue Louisville Slugger because the bats they made never allowed me to hit a curve ball. If I had been able to hit the curve ball I could have millions of dollars over the past twenty years. I am willing to settle out of court for $10 million.

Then start a campaign. Sucks they lost a child but that's ridiculous. If someone dies in a car accident can the family sue the automaker because of the lack of warnings on the car?

Those people in the jury are morons.

She should take that money and purchase wooden bats for all of the schools in the state of Montana.