Cincinnati @ USF

swamprat

Winner?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

The game will be over, by this time next week, so I thought I'd get this over with. Naturally, I'm picking the Bulls, but win, lose, or draw, I hope it's as good as billed. This could be a war.

USF is promoting the daylights out of this game. Ya think they want a packed house? The city is changing the lights on the Sun Trust Building and several others so that the Tampa skyline is Green and Gold next Thursday night. The last time that was done, was for the WVU game in 07.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is probably the only time in my life I’m picking a Florida team over an Ohio team, but I’m sticking by my prediction that UC is overrated and will be exposed against USF.

Speed will have nothing to do with the final score of this one. UC is every bit as fast as USF across the board on both sides of the ball, and they have shown as much in the last 3 meetings since both joined the Big East.

With that said, there is no doubt this is the toughest test for this UC team yet this year, and a USF win wouldn't surprise me one bit. The key for USF will be to not only pressure, but to get hits on Pike without him escaping Selvie and company. Knowing the new DC at USF very well, I just don't see him being aggressive on the front end, and instead sitting back and trying to force a few picks or fumbles. Tressey only likes to be in attack mode after the QB with a comfortable lead in obvious passing downs. If USF gets to Pike outside of that game situation it will be with a 4 and maybe 5 man rush against an O Line that has proven to be very solid so far.

I'm still not sure who I am picking in this one yet, but much like I have seen all season, the "experts" are way off on the strengths and weaknesses of this UC team outside of knowing Pike and Gilyard are studs and UC is ranked above tOSU....

Speed will have nothing to do with the final score of this one. UC is every bit as fast as USF across the board on both sides of the ball, and they have shown as much in the last 3 meetings since both joined the Big East.

With that said, there is no doubt this is the toughest test for this UC team yet this year, and a USF win wouldn't surprise me one bit. The key for USF will be to not only pressure, but to get hits on Pike without him escaping Selvie and company. Knowing the new DC at USF very well, I just don't see him being aggressive on the front end, and instead sitting back and trying to force a few picks or fumbles. Tressey only likes to be in attack mode after the QB with a comfortable lead in obvious passing downs. If USF gets to Pike outside of that game situation it will be with a 4 and maybe 5 man rush against an O Line that has proven to be very solid so far.

I'm still not sure who I am picking in this one yet, but much like I have seen all season, the "experts" are way off on the strengths and weaknesses of this UC team outside of knowing Pike and Gilyard are studs and UC is ranked above tOSU....

Selvie and the rest of the DL is where I think USF has the speed and athleticism advantage. IF UC can't block them, they obviously won't be able to win.

Selvie and the rest of the DL is where I think USF has the speed and athleticism advantage. IF UC can't block them, they obviously won't be able to win.

I have worried about that the last two seasons as BK was left with a more Big 10 type OL from the Dantonio years, but now that UC has the more athletic spread type guys in place up front I'm not as concerned. I do agree that the game will likely be won or lost by UC based on that matchup...

What does that have anything to do with anything??

But wouldn't it be kind of hard to judge UC's speed/athleticism based on the competition they've played?

Only if you don't feel Oregon St, Fresno and to a lesser extent Rutgers have any speed/athleticism. I'd without hesitation say the UC schedule has been at least as challenging as USF...