Fulton County forfeits to Crittenden County

westsider

This week's game has been forfeited, apparently because Fulton County won't have enough players eligible to safely play the game.

Also, Fulton County coach James Bridges has been suspended for the rest of the season, according to The Paducah Sun, by the school system.

Edited by bugatti

The KHSAA roster shows Fulton County with 31 players. I would think you could safely play with around 16-18 players. That means something like 15 kids were ejected.

What we don't know, however, is if the KHSAA roster is up to date. There could have been players who quit and/or who are out because of injury.

Edited by bugatti

The KHSAA roster shows Fulton County with 31 players. I would think you could safely play with around 16-18 players. That means something like 15 kids were ejected.

What we don't know, however, is if the KHSAA roster is up to date. There could have been players who quit and/or who are out because of injury.

Or more could be out with the flu.

Edited by bugatti

Or more could be out with the flu.

Another good point. Perhaps a perfect storm in Fulton County. Sad to hear that they have to forfeit. That's bad for both squads.

I assume Calloway County has enough kids to play their game with Lone Oak?

To reiterate rockmom's post... some players have been suspended and the Head Coach, James Bridges was suspended for the year by the Fulton County principle. This is all in connection to an incident that took place last Friday night. We are really walking a fine line and do not want anyone to violate Rule 9.

Thanks FC. That looks like a pretty good final word.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: OCTOBER 8, 2009

KHSAA ISSUES PENALTIES FOR SPORTSMANSHIP VIOLATIONS

LEXINGTON – Kentucky High School Athletic Association Commissioner Brigid DeVries has announced that football players from Calloway County and Fulton County High Schools have been penalized for violations of the Association’s Sportsmanship Bylaw (Bylaw 11) following an incident during the October 2, 2009, contest at Fulton County High School.

The contest was ruled final with 4:35 left in the game and Calloway County leading, 24-8, after an outbreak of multiple incidents on the field involving players from both schools.

A total of 16 players from Fulton County will sit out a total of 29 games with one player suspended indefinitely while three players from Calloway County will miss a total of three games. A $1,000 fine has been assessed against the football program at Fulton County High School (the maximum amount permissible under KHSAA Bylaw 33). Suspended players from both teams must also complete the Star Sportsmanship Program. In addition, both programs have been placed on probation through the 2011 playing season.

If I was the coach at Crittenden County, I wouldn't give my players Friday night off. I would load up the whole Rocket team on the bus and head to Mayfield. The opportunity to watch Mayfield play a complete game in person could pay big dividends for Crittenden County.

If I was the coach at Crittenden County, I wouldn't give my players Friday night off. I would load up the whole Rocket team on the bus and head to Mayfield. The opportunity to watch Mayfield play a complete game in person could pay big dividends for Crittenden County.

With it going to rain all day Friday, I'd have someone bring a pot luck dinner to the cafeteria and show the game film from last year's wins over the Cardinals. No sense in getting sick.

9. No discussion of ANY criminal behavior (charged or uncharged) in the high school forums.

It is apparent that discussion of this topic is going to be impossible without breaking rule 9. We had hoped that we could allow discussion of the aftermath without allowing discussion of the incident itself. Sometimes it is hard to make that distinction.

If anyone wants to discuss the future for either team or how they will deal with their depleted roster, feel free to start another thread, but lets leave this incident in the past. Just remember it is OK to talk about the fact that either team has players and coaches suspended, but its not OK to discuss WHY they were suspended if doing so would violate rule 9. (and in this case, it would)