Trinity 20 Saint Xavier 19 (JV)

SuperShamrocks

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to love the call by the St. X coaching staff to go for 2 and the win in OT! The Tigers played a great game! Not sure about the last call of the game when our tightend caught the ball - it sure looked like he crossed the plain while he had possession before it was knocked out of his hands. Took the official awhile to make the call that it was a fumble! Oh well - congrats to the Tigers on a hard faught game! Alex Mattingly, our QB, played with alot of heart tonight! He came out of the game with a dislocated shoulder, had it popped back into place and went back into the game! What a great group of kids!

The kid was defintely across the plain, the official must have believed the kid did not have control of the ball before it was knocked from his hands, so it is what it is. 20-19 Rocks.

The call was made on the field so no sour grapes whatsoever, but if the kid caught the ball and crossed the plain it's a touchdown. Since it was ruled a fumble I assume that was the official's interpretation. Where's highschool jv booth review when you need it!! It was a fun game and great atmosphere regardless. There had to be a few thousand fans onhand.

Typical Shamrocks playing a running back who had over 100 yards in a varsity game and they play him down for JV.(Jack Tenza) And a Quarterback who started for them Varsity the previous Friday now playing JV. WOW!

Tiger fans just picture Lamont Mcmurray, Daylen Hall, and the rest of our juniors playing JV. It wouldn't even be close. This just shows how Trinity is desperate to avoid the sweep and get at least one win out of three. :ohbrother:

Haven't seen them play yet but from what I understand, the Trinity freshman should more than hold their own against X!

I rarely go to JV games, but I went to this one. X played more inspired and T was riddled with penalties (though they were all justified). X seemed more focused, but T seemed to have more talent. T got the shaft at the end of the first half by both the X clock operator and the officials, but hey, they make mistakes and who's to say if T would have scored on the last play of the half anyway? I was at about the 5 yd line and I really don't think the X player crossed the plane with the ball. However, if he simply held onto the ball and fell down he would have made it in - the T player was NOT going to stop him short.

I also loved X going for 2. If this had been a state championship game it would be perhaps the best ever.

I did not see the game but to sports fan's comment about St. X seeming more focused, it may result from the fact that Trinity doesn't really have a JV team that practices together (at least they didn't through last year) so timing, teamwork and cohesiveness may suffer accordingly.

Sounds like it was a great game to watch.

Trinity's JV is made up primarily of Sophomores this season. Yes, Fredricks did start a Varsity game out of necessity. He has served as Kragthorpes back up his entire career and had never started a game at Trinity prior to that game. Noe a sophomore, was also pressed into action as well as Coach Beatty felt he was a better option than Fredrick and was waiting for Kragthorpe to heal from turf toe. Tenza has not played since being injured three weeks ago so is it a crime to get the kid some reps? Trinity also played a sophomore at center last night that has started three varsity games at guard. He's being developed as a future center starter. They also played a sophomore tackle that played significant minutes Friday night. Is it a crime to get these kids game experieince? Again JV games are about developing talent. With that said, the Tigers who also played several Juniors, played a great game and showed the young Rocks they don't beat teams based on what you did in the past. That lesson might play out as well Saturday night. Go Rocks!

Typical Shamrocks playing a running back who had over 100 yards in a varsity game and they play him down for JV.(Jack Tenza) And a Quarterback who started for them Varsity the previous Friday now playing JV. WOW!

Tiger fans just picture Lamont Mcmurray, Daylen Hall, and the rest of our juniors playing JV. It wouldn't even be close. This just shows how Trinity is desperate to avoid the sweep and get at least one win out of three. :ohbrother:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....I really can't believe (and shame on me) that this happens every year.....what a joke....hahahahaha

I rarely go to JV games, but I went to this one. X played more inspired and T was riddled with penalties (though they were all justified). X seemed more focused, but T seemed to have more talent. T got the shaft at the end of the first half by both the X clock operator and the officials, but hey, they make mistakes and who's to say if T would have scored on the last play of the half anyway? I was at about the 5 yd line and I really don't think the X player crossed the plane with the ball. However, if he simply held onto the ball and fell down he would have made it in - the T player was NOT going to stop him short.

I also loved X going for 2. If this had been a state championship game it would be perhaps the best ever.

You are correct on 1/2 of this. The officials messed the time up. The clock operator was trying to give back proper time to the clock. The official made the final call that didn't give T back the right time.