Dan Brown's "The Lost Symbol

MJAlltheWay24

I believe that Dan Brown's newest book was released today. Here is a link that gives a brief explanation from the book...

http://www.thelostsymbol.com/

Looks like the character of Robert Langdon is back.

Anyone else going to read it? I plan too, just not sure when I will have time to do it. Might have to put it off until Christmas time.

I believe that Dan Brown's newest book was released today. Here is a link that gives a brief explanation from the book...

http://www.thelostsymbol.com/

Looks like the character of Robert Langdon is back.

Anyone else going to read it? I plan too, just not sure when I will have time to do it. Might have to put it off until Christmas time.

I can't wait to get my paws on it! I am not a huge reader but this one will be a must.

I started it this evening. Normal start to a DB book going thru Langdons day before all hell breaks loose it appears..

Awesome...I was hoping that's the way it would go.

I'm sure I will read it. I'm not a big fan of DB's "every chapter is a 4-page cliffhanger" style of writing - a bit on the sophomoric side - but I do like his storylines.

Call me sophomoric...but that is exactly what I love!

I loved it. It was my favorite one- tons better than the Da Vinci Code and a much more logical ending than Angels & Demons. It was nice to have a well fleshed out villain for once that had actual motivation for being a villain. I felt like it was the first time we had a well rounded and intriguing foil for Langdon. I also liked that it wasn't completely unbelievable. No flying Pope in this one!

The only thing I would have done differently is worked the last 50 pages of exposition into the narrative prior to the climax. Without giving away the ending I think the scene on the one monument could have been worked in better prior to the final climatic scene, but the ending (last chapter) was nicely done and well placed.

Dan Brown is no Shakespeare but he knows how to stick his formula and tweak it enough each time to make it feel the same, but fresh at the same time. I was a little annoyed early on we just getting another run-of-the-mill freak villain with a shocking twist ending, but I ended up very pleasantly surprised.

:thumb::thumb: :thumb: Thumbs up out of four for me.

I loved it. It was my favorite one- tons better than the Da Vinci Code and a much more logical ending than Angels & Demons. It was nice to have a well fleshed out villain for once that had actual motivation for being a villain. I felt like it was the first time we had a well rounded and intriguing foil for Langdon. I also liked that it wasn't completely unbelievable. No flying Pope in this one!

The only thing I would have done differently is worked the last 50 pages of exposition into the narrative prior to the climax. Without giving away the ending I think the scene on the one monument could have been worked in better prior to the final climatic scene, but the ending (last chapter) was nicely done and well placed.

Dan Brown is no Shakespeare but he knows how to stick his formula and tweak it enough each time to make it feel the same, but fresh at the same time. I was a little annoyed early on we just getting another run-of-the-mill freak villain with a shocking twist ending, but I ended up very pleasantly surprised.

:thumb::thumb: :thumb: Thumbs up out of four for me.

This editorial only makes me thirstier to continue reading!!!!!!! Thanks for your insight. I look forward to seeing if I agree with your synopsis.