10th Region Next Year

But the no.1 you are talking about will play on the second best team in Alexandria.

Time will tell on this matter. But before then, there a lot of losses for the purple to absorb first!! Soccer, Cross Country, Basketball, Golf--Thanks goodness that other school doesn't have football!!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time will tell on this matter. But before then, there a lot of losses for the purple to absorb first!! Soccer, Cross Country, Basketball, Golf--Thanks goodness that other school doesn't have football!!

Kudos on the small school success its been a pretty good run.You dont want to go to baseball[last time you won the district] volleyball...and than the most important part of school.....Academics....how does that measure up.... :ylsuper:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Comparing Campbell County academics to Brossart's is comical.

How is it comical....you obviously have never been on the academic teams...can you say year after year a no show for the green... :ylsuper: and than you really dont want to compare the amount of money that goes out for scholarship money every year now thats comical.... :lol:

You forgot bowling....Campbell can't even beat them at that. :lol:

Actually I thought they were defending state champs in Bowling?? Notice he skipped right over basketball, and rambled on about small school kudos or something?? I know if I was representing the largest HS in NKY, I'd be beating my chest over my girl's volleyball team's victory over a school 1/4 mine's size????

How is it comical....you obviously have never been on the academic teams...can you say year after year a no show for the green... :ylsuper: and than you really dont want to compare the amount of money that goes out for scholarship money every year now thats comical.... :lol:

????

Actually, I was on the Brossart academic team, and yes Campbell Co. does win almost every year in that. However, everyone I ever talk to that goes to Campbell says that its a complete joke academically. I've known several students personally that were at Brossart with a barely passing GPA, went to CCHS and had a 4.0. They said it was because Campbell's academics are a joke. I've also got a friend who attempted to transfer into Brossart from the county and he only lasted 4 days, citing that Brossart was a heck of a lot harder than CCHS, before he transferred back.

As far as scholarship money goes, I would really hope CCHS would dwarf BBHS in the amount they bring in.....I mean they only have around 2000 students whereas Brossart has only 430 or so.... :sssh:

Actually, I was on the Brossart academic team, and yes Campbell Co. does win almost every year in that. However, everyone I ever talk to that goes to Campbell says that its a complete joke academically. I've known several students personally that were at Brossart with a barely passing GPA, went to CCHS and had a 4.0. They said it was because Campbell's academics are a joke. I've also got a friend who attempted to transfer into Brossart from the county and he only lasted 4 days, citing that Brossart was a heck of a lot harder than CCHS, before he transferred back.

As far as scholarship money goes, I would really hope CCHS would dwarf BBHS in the amount they bring in.....I mean they only have around 2000 students whereas Brossart has only 430 or so.... :sssh:

When you have your facts staight let me know...clueless..... :laugh: :laugh:

When you have your facts staight let me know...clueless..... :laugh: :laugh:

I'm pretty sure his facts are straight. I was also on BBHS academic team. To compare the teams is apples to oranges (as cliche as that is). I've said this numerous time also. BBHS academic team is a laid back activity for kids to participate in just to hang out. In other words it isn't really taken serous at all, while at CCHS, it is taken more seriously than most sports. We are comparing team sports. Most quick recall matches are manned by one person who answers the majority of questions. Have you ever been to a match. If we are comparing academic teams, why even compare them, CCHS wins in a landslide. If we compare overall academics for a school, the same thing is at stake in BBHS favor. Maybe Campbell offers more classes (they should, they are a 4A public school), but to say that the overall academics is better at CCHS is basically absurd. So let's see, boast about what, academic team and volleyball, or maybe baseball? Recently, baseball has been pretty even, as each team usually wins rather convincingly (albeit CCHS when it counts), but to be bragging about pretty much any acomplishment, CCHS is the wrong school.

As far as scholarship money goes, let's see in the class of 05, I am getting paid to go to Louisville, and UKMustangFan is getting paid to go to NKU. That is two kids out of two on bgp. What about the Brossart grad receiving a full academic ride to Vanderbilt? How about you look at percentage of kids recieving scholarships compared to numbers, Wouldn't that make sense, as we are comparing single A to 4A?

As far as the topic at hand, I'm no moderator, but I know the topic is about the 10th region next year. With many schools graduating many seniors, the region is as wide open as it ever has been in the past.

Actually I thought they were defending state champs in Bowling?? Notice he skipped right over basketball, and rambled on about small school kudos or something?? I know if I was representing the largest HS in NKY, I'd be beating my chest over my girl's volleyball team's victory over a school 1/4 mine's size????

You have said this before in other posts...you, as usual are wrong then and wrong now. At least get your facts straight.

On one hand academic competition is a joke but vs. another school, who takes it serious is not to be respected?! :thumb: Fairly self serving and self justification.

Here is the bottom line oh Brossart faithful, CCHS is making a big difference now. Keep telling yourself that you are better than the county school. As your enrollment numbers decline - as in the past two freshman classes and CCHS continue to climb. Makes one wonder where the true academic action is happening. As Trouble Shooter pointed out, it was a great run. But even among yourselves, there is not a whole lot of satisfaction of accomplishment.

CCHS and Brossart students - top 10 to 20% would equal each other out. There is absolutely no difference, with a nod going to CCHS due to the extensive course offering.

As for the silly football comment, I think you need to look in the mirror and ask why the faithful go to the blue and gold vs. green.

As for the topic of this thread, I think until Brossart is finally able to defeat Campbell - at least show the respect because you have yet to beat them in post season play for quite some time. If you are successful this year, it will be about time. On paper, BBHS is very strong contender but so is CCHS and I think the smart money is on the Camels.

I'm pretty sure his facts are straight. I was also on BBHS academic team. To compare the teams is apples to oranges (as cliche as that is). I've said this numerous time also. BBHS academic team is a laid back activity for kids to participate in just to hang out. In other words it isn't really taken serous at all, while at CCHS, it is taken more seriously than most sports. We are comparing team sports. Most quick recall matches are manned by one person who answers the majority of questions. Have you ever been to a match. If we are comparing academic teams, why even compare them, CCHS wins in a landslide. If we compare overall academics for a school, the same thing is at stake in BBHS favor. Maybe Campbell offers more classes (they should, they are a 4A public school), but to say that the overall academics is better at CCHS is basically absurd. So let's see, boast about what, academic team and volleyball, or maybe baseball? Recently, baseball has been pretty even, as each team usually wins rather convincingly (albeit CCHS when it counts), but to be bragging about pretty much any acomplishment, CCHS is the wrong school.

As far as scholarship money goes, let's see in the class of 05, I am getting paid to go to Louisville, and UKMustangFan is getting paid to go to NKU. That is two kids out of two on bgp. What about the Brossart grad receiving a full academic ride to Vanderbilt? How about you look at percentage of kids recieving scholarships compared to numbers, Wouldn't that make sense, as we are comparing single A to 4A?

As far as the topic at hand, I'm no moderator, but I know the topic is about the 10th region next year. With many schools graduating many seniors, the region is as wide open as it ever has been in the past.

The ignorance of youth! :ylsuper:

Young man, until you understand the extreme difference between testing and results for those with disabilities, those on free/reduced lunch, those from broken and/or distressed homes - an effective 25 to 30% of the public school population for Campbell County (Covington has 85% issues) and how it relates to education, you will be lost in the conversation. You do not have a clue (as trouble shooter stated - clueless) how it relates because these issues are virtually absent from BBHS, save for some on free/reduced program. You measure the school for its success with these students because it does not measure up to you?! Pretty arrogant.

Hopefully, later in life you will understand just how lucky and fortunate you are to have the support system outside of the school. At that moment you will understand.

CCHS has an exceptional AP program. Your drop out friends would never get near these classes. CCHS has academic tracks to serve the entire community. Some of which BBHS takes advantage of (read: Vocational School). You would be better served to understand the entire matter than shoot from the hip. In that context CCHS is not and has never been a wrong school. BBHS is not a wrong school, but somewhere in your education you failed to understand comprehension to social problems.

As for baseball, CCHS is on top until they get beat.

Geeeez, we go from baseball to academics and which school is better. Each school is better for certain people. It's high school that some of you hadn't attended in probably 5 to 10 years, come on.... :rolleyes: And by the way Brossart has a large freshman class this year, stayinline... good try.