10th Region Next Year

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Travis Hurd also did that because he is a very good player. I don't think that all those sophomores have the talent of Bush or Hurd. Freshmen ball is a lot different than varsity, but if you have the talent of those Hurd or Bush, the transition is much easier. Scott has a lot of good young players, but personally, I don't think they will be completely ready for a varsity district tournament, but you never know. They could win the district or they could lose in the 1st round.

A varsity team full of talented sophomores has a lot of potential, but that potential will not most likely be tapped until their junior or senior seasons. I do think Scott will be a decent team this season in '06 and a very good one next season in 2007. I just don't think that an unexperienced team of sophomores will be as competetive as a team full of experienced seniors mixed with a few juniors, unless your team is filled with Stuart Ijames's, who was a HR leader in the state last season as a sophomore and hit a walkoff HR agianst Brossart in the "All A Classic."

well i know for sure that the Scott '07 team will be one of the best, if not the best, in the 10th region. i can assure u........

I havent seen a harrison co. pitcher throw with redicoulous speed for quite a while. But if oyu wanna learn to paint the black these guys are the ones to learn from. i would have to say that these guys are among the best in the state, pitching wise at picking a spot and hitting it.

I don't think anyone ahs overlooked Scott. I said before that Scott will be good for the next 2 years and other people have said Scott will compete and make the district even tougher. Everyone is mentioning Harrison because they are always good and are defending regional champs and are, as of now, the team to beat.