10th Region Next Year

Nate Allen will suprise alot of people behind the plate this year. Campbell biggest weakness is there pitching, and I don't think there are very weak in that area. Allen will take control of the pitching staff and help keep them out of trouble. He his very smart behind the plate and knows the game. He will be the best catcher in Alexandria, on the best team in Alexandria. Camels win there 4th straight district title in 06.

Scott might have something to say about the district title you've apparently already won as well!! Must not be very interested in your football, soccer, cross country, golf and basketball teams; to be so concerned about baseball already, but I guess that's understandable!!

I'd watch and enjoy that football team of yours; they've got a good chance to make the playoffs this year!!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, notice who keeps bringing other sports and issues up in a baseball forum and after being told by a moderator a few times. Sounds like a need for some remedial BGP set up for some. These are called forums. Each forum covers a sport. Should not be too hard to follow. Keep digging though. It really helps your position. :rolleyes:

Nate Allen will suprise alot of people behind the plate this year. Campbell biggest weakness is there pitching, and I don't think there are very weak in that area. Allen will take control of the pitching staff and help keep them out of trouble. He his very smart behind the plate and knows the game. He will be the best catcher in Alexandria, on the best team in Alexandria. Camels win there 4th straight district title in 06.

Last time I checked, Scott beat Camels twice last year....... and Scott is having some very good teams and players coming up from JV and freshman for the past two years. Camels will have to EARN the district title. Sounds like to me that u expect them to just walk on through the tourny and take the title.

The district tourny will not be a easy walk, it never is, just ask Brossart. But the Camels show up every year for districts and play well. Scott may be a good team, but I think the Camels will win it again. They have alot of returning VARSITY players that can hit, and play sound defense. The only, so called weakness, is there pitching staff, which was covered in a previous post.

The district tourny will not be a easy walk, it never is, just ask Brossart. But the Camels show up every year for districts and play well. Scott may be a good team, but I think the Camels will win it again. They have alot of returning VARSITY players that can hit, and play sound defense. The only, so called weakness, is there pitching staff, which was covered in a previous post.

Like I said, we shall see...

Camels win there 4th straight district title in 06.

Actually grizzle i think their going after their 6th title in a row or maybe 5 of 6....old soda im sure will have the answer....The bottom line with the district is it will have to go through Camel land... :thumb:

Scott also has alot of returing varsity players and some VERY good sophmores and juniors that may make varsity since showcasing their skills the previous 2 years by winning the 2004 9th Regional Freshman Tourny and runner-up in the 2005 9th Regional JV Tourny (losing to Cov Cath 2-1 in 10 innings, great game by both teams).

Scott also has alot of returing varsity players and some VERY good sophmores and juniors that may make varsity since showcasing their skills the previous 2 years by winning the 2004 9th Regional Freshman Tourny and runner-up in the 2005 9th Regional JV Tourny (losing to Cov Cath 2-1 in 10 innings, great game by both teams).

They may be very good sophomores, but I'm guessing that most of them have never experienced a varsity game. Every one of the Camels starting postion players except 3rd base has lettered in baseball at least once. They also have 2 starting pitchers that have also lettered. Those sophomores, even though they may be talented, can't make up for that kind of depth and experience that Campbell Co. has.

I agree, the district tourny will be tough with Campbell Co., Brossart, and Scott.

They may be very good sophomores, but I'm guessing that most of them have never experienced a varsity game. Every one of the Camels starting postion players except 3rd base has lettered in baseball at least once. They also have 2 starting pitchers that have also lettered. Those sophomores, even though they may be talented, can't make up for that kind of depth and experience that Campbell Co. has.

I agree, the district tourny will be tough with Campbell Co., Brossart, and Scott.

Aaron Bush of the Eagles went from playing Freshman ball as a Freshman, straight to playing Varsity as a sophmore. I believe most of the players will make the change easily and will do very well.

Travis Hurd also did that because he is a very good player. I don't think that all those sophomores have the talent of Bush or Hurd. Freshmen ball is a lot different than varsity, but if you have the talent of those Hurd or Bush, the transition is much easier. Scott has a lot of good young players, but personally, I don't think they will be completely ready for a varsity district tournament, but you never know. They could win the district or they could lose in the 1st round.

A varsity team full of talented sophomores has a lot of potential, but that potential will not most likely be tapped until their junior or senior seasons. I do think Scott will be a decent team this season in '06 and a very good one next season in 2007. I just don't think that an unexperienced team of sophomores will be as competetive as a team full of experienced seniors mixed with a few juniors, unless your team is filled with Stuart Ijames's, who was a HR leader in the state last season as a sophomore and hit a walkoff HR agianst Brossart in the "All A Classic."