Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK NIT Strategy

Featured Replies

Its not just a matter of WHO plays. Its how they are used.

 

I'd also agree with that; however, I haven't agreed with how they are used all season long, so I do not expect much to change on that front.

 

I thought that Michael Porter was getting a little more time at the 2 towards the end, which was good to see. I hope he gets more time in the NIT as well.

 

Other than that, I don't know that it matters. I'm assuming that BCG has a plan / system that he has been trying to implement and I think he should continue on that journey. It didn't work this year, but we'll see how it plays out.

  • Replies 43
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope they get beat so this awful season is over. I don't want any doubt as to how bad BCG is and will always be for this program. I know I am not a true Kentucky fan for saying that so be it. The best thing for this program is for him to be gone imo.

I hope they get beat so this awful season is over. I don't want any doubt as to how bad BCG is and will always be for this program. I know I am not a true Kentucky fan for saying that so be it. The best thing for this program is for him to be gone imo.

 

Maybe, in time, the best thing for UK is for him to be gone...but how can you say that is the best thing for UK at this point. The situation is already bad enough, and if you bring in an "elite" coach to the biggest program in the country and send him packing in 2 years what message are you sending about other coaches you would like to coach at UK? It would be worse too send him off now then it would to let him be and see how it goes in the next year or two. No coach will ever come to UK if you get someone in there that inherits a mid-major caliber team IMO and doesn't even get time to do anything with them. Let him be, at this time next season if it is the same result, then talk about getting rid of him! :ylsuper::thumb:

Maybe, in time, the best thing for UK is for him to be gone...but how can you say that is the best thing for UK at this point. The situation is already bad enough, and if you bring in an "elite" coach to the biggest program in the country and send him packing in 2 years what message are you sending about other coaches you would like to coach at UK? It would be worse too send him off now then it would to let him be and see how it goes in the next year or two. No coach will ever come to UK if you get someone in there that inherits a mid-major caliber team IMO and doesn't even get time to do anything with them. Let him be, at this time next season if it is the same result, then talk about getting rid of him! :ylsuper::thumb:

 

He never was an elite coach or will he ever be. Sometimes you have to admit that you made a mistake and he is not the guy for the job.

Maybe, in time, the best thing for UK is for him to be gone...but how can you say that is the best thing for UK at this point. The situation is already bad enough, and if you bring in an "elite" coach to the biggest program in the country and send him packing in 2 years what message are you sending about other coaches you would like to coach at UK? It would be worse too send him off now then it would to let him be and see how it goes in the next year or two. No coach will ever come to UK if you get someone in there that inherits a mid-major caliber team IMO and doesn't even get time to do anything with them. Let him be, at this time next season if it is the same result, then talk about getting rid of him! :ylsuper::thumb:

 

Great Post!:thumb:

I'm on record as saying they will get nothing out of accepting the NIT bid other than money. Many have told me they will benefit because it will give them one more chance to work on their game. I say that's a fallacy.

 

So for those of you who fall into the camp of "one more game will make them better for next year" tell me this.

 

Are you willing to have them work on getting more people involved in the offense at the expense of less shots for PP and Meeks? That's their #1 issue, right? So if they are truly trying to get better for next year shouldn't they de-emphasize PP and Meeks? Let Liggins get more minutes and shots? Let Galloway get time at the 2 and the 3? Let Harrelson work on his inside game? Put Stevenson on the bench where he belongs?

 

Are you willing to let them "work on things" even if it lessens their chances of beating UNLV?

 

Or do you play to win?

 

You play to win the game....sorry Herm.

Accepting the bid will just add a cherry to an already bad season.

Just extends the misery.

I had a friend email about this thread and said he almost peed his pants from laughter on the discussion of UK's NIT strategy.

I had a friend email about this thread and said he almost peed his pants from laughter on he discussion of UK's NIT strategy.

The thread title should be UK's fans NIT strategy, that would be more truthful.:ohbrother:

As Herm Edwards would say " You play to win the game!"

 

:thumb:

  • Author
I had a friend email about this thread and said he almost peed his pants from laughter on the discussion of UK's NIT strategy.

 

If your friend is one that says they should play in the NIT because he wants to see them win, cool. If he's one who says it will make them better next year then tell him that made my leg wet as well.

Not antogonizing. Just stating fact. There appear to be more UK fans worried whether or not North Carolina catches them on the wins list rather than how well their season goes. Posts on here prove that

 

I dont see a single fact in your post. If you go by what people say on here, a lab monkey could outcoach Billy G. By your logic, you consider that a fact.

You can't have it both ways. Are you playing to win or are you playing to get better for next season? If its just going to be the PP/Meeks show who exactly is getting better?

 

It's still this season. Why worry about next season until this season is over. I believe if we lose we can still practice until April 6th. So, if we lose tomorrow and I think we will. Start practicing for next year Wednesday.

I dont see a single fact in your post. If you go by what people say on here, a lab monkey could outcoach Billy G. By your logic, you consider that a fact.

No. My logic tells me there are people on here who think that a lab monkey could outcoach Gillespie. Just like there are people on here who are more concerned with the overall win total than the current product. Even the UK Radio Network has a sold segment in their postgame show that documents the total. They do not have a sold segment on the postgame show that documents their place in the SEC standings. Those are facts.

I dont see a single fact in your post. If you go by what people say on here, a lab monkey could outcoach Billy G. By your logic, you consider that a fact.

Same grin on the sidelines and probably would have a similar substitution pattern. I would say the lab monkey would treat the reporters with a little more dignity and respect on his way to the locker room at halftime.

 

I never put the two together, but you are dead on right, "Corndog"!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.