Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top CovCath squads in the recent past

Featured Replies

I believe that play against Brentwood was a kickoff return that had to come back due to a hold on the opposite side of the field.

 

Not to nitpick, but it was a punt return by T.R. Rose.

  • Replies 88
  • Views 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not to nitpick, but it was a punt return by T.R. Rose.

 

Testing my memory but I thought it was John Lario.

Testing my memory but I thought it was John Lario.

 

Ha...if we only had the tape.

All you young CovCath grads and current CovCath students who want to learn a little history about your football program, should watch this weeks ICN6 Sports Legends show. You just might learn something. :thumb:

Ahh, that's right! I certainly remember McCormack, (I couldn't beleive all of those schools lost interest in him after they didn't go to state.) but I'd forgotten he was passing to Cogswell. In '94 though, Cogswell was QB, Oliver was receiver, Dailey at fullback, and Healey at tailback, am I right?

 

That is correct. Lots of 1st year starters on that team that started out 1-4, and ended up running the table the rest of the year and became champs.

That is correct. Lots of 1st year starters on that team that started out 1-4, and ended up running the table the rest of the year and became champs.

 

Yeah, I remember that had something about that engraved on the state rings.

I still believe the 06 team was the most overall talented team, position by position, that I've ever seen of a CovCath squad. Very good O; very good D and exceptional special teams. There have been plenty of other talented teams at CovCath also over the years, but I can't think of any of them that had the talent in all three phases of the game that the 06 team did. It may be the 06 special team play that pushes the 06 team ahead of the rest.

I'd take my chances w/ '97. Lot of experience, size, and most of the guys that I knew from the team were a few sandwiches shy of a picnic, which is a mentality I love in football players.

Testing my memory but I thought it was John Lario.

 

It was TR Rose. #48, I believe.

 

All you young CovCath grads and current CovCath students who want to learn a little history about your football program, should watch this weeks ICN6 Sports Legends show. You just might learn something. :thumb:

 

Thanks for the heads up, OldGuy. I'm well-aware of the history, but will definitely DVR this one. Thanks again. :thumb:

Very possible.

 

They were the first Kentucky team to beat Moeller. Moeller finished 7 - 3 that year and was Ohio D-1 state runner-up the next year, so it was a talented Moeller team CovCath beat.

 

I could tell some stories about that year and that game.

Sorry but the 92 team would have to be my tops. When was the last time a team hung 49 on HHS at home. Except 97 when it seemed like it went into 6 Ot's. Highlands did come back in Nov that year and beat heavily state favorite CovCath in Park Hills and go on to win the State Championship. By far the best CovCath team I have seen in person and I have seen every single one of them since I can remember. Which is a pretty long time!!!! The 92 squad with the 82 squad a very close 2nd.

I've seen nearly every CovCath squad for longer than I care to remember, and I just can't put the 06 team near the top. That's no knock, as they were obviously state championship caliber good.

 

The 92 team tops my list, despite upset in the playoffs.

The 87 team is second, I thought they were really, really good especially defensively.

And the 97 team is a very close third. Everyone talks about the mud bowl as if it were an aberration, but the Colonels did have a kick in the air to beat Highlands on a perfect field several weeks earlier. That team was good and probably CovCath's fastest team ever.

I've seen nearly every CovCath squad for longer than I care to remember, and I just can't put the 06 team near the top. That's no knock, as they were obviously state championship caliber good.

 

The 92 team tops my list, despite upset in the playoffs.

The 87 team is second, I thought they were really, really good especially defensively.

And the 97 team is a very close third. Everyone talks about the mud bowl as if it were an aberration, but the Colonels did have a kick in the air to beat Highlands on a perfect field several weeks earlier. That team was good and probably CovCath's fastest team ever.

 

In 87 we had CovCath down 20-7 in Park Hills with a little more than 7 min to go in the game and lost in the last min on a 2 point conversion. I think this game was one of last 5 p.m. games ever played at CovCath. Or at least it should of been the last game played at that time. I will say that ever since that game, CovCath went on a pretty impressive 2-3 year run.

In 87 we had CovCath down 20-7 in Park Hills with a little more than 7 min to go in the game and lost in the last min on a 2 point conversion. I think this game was one of last 5 p.m. games ever played at CovCath. Or at least it should of been the last game played at that time. I will say that ever since that game, CovCath went on a pretty impressive 2-3 year run.

 

I believe it was the last 5pm game played at Cov Cath after the second week of the season. That excepts the night game that they played against Beechwood either last year or the year before. They rented lights...terrible idea. The lights weren't high enough or strong enough, and every time the ball went in the air, it completely disappeared once it got above 10 feet up. Oh well...learn from your mistakes.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.