Top CovCath squads in the recent past

jbwill2

They traditionally would only play their 1st 1-2 home games of the year on Fridays and start them at 5:30 so they could finish before it got dark.

I believe they stopped in like 2002.

I know that they played Boone on a Friday night in 04.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was at Boone, though. The game was postponed due to lightning, and the game was continued the next day.

CCH had all kinds of momentum and the game was postponed. Came back the next day and Boone held on to the W.

The was 03. In 04 CovCath won 28-0.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Trust me, Highland's fans understand CCH's fans' pain on this matter. The 1997 Highlands squad was undefeated against KY competition (including a win against CCH) during the regular season, with the only blemish being a ONE-POINT loss to Cincy Moeller. This was the year that Lorenzen and Smith were juniors... the team won state in 1996 and then in 1998, 1999 and 2000... if not for a double-OT loss to CCH in the "Mud Bowl" (with CCH then going on to win state), the Bluebirds would most likely has racked up FIVE straight Class 3A state titles... man that still hurts.

JBWill I'm a former Beechwood player, fan and graduate. I was just stating that the 92 Cov Cath team was loaded that year. I have a question for CCH fans who was the NG or NT on that Cov Cath team that year? I know he was a senior. I think his first name was John. This guy was nuts.

Yep, I remember a game in 1987 when the game was in Park Hills and it was almost completely dark when CovCath won.

:madman: Are you serious...Our coach pretty much told us to hold on to the receivers knowing that they were running to spots on the field by the end of the game. It was dark and not almost dark. Sorry but you guys stole one from Highlands that year. HHS was up 20-7 with 7 and some change left and CovCath went for 2 and got the win with a pass to Tranter in the front corner of the end zone. I can hear it now in the CovCath huddle. Paul Hladon telling Tranter, just run your guy into the darkness and I will throw to the Bright Orange thing. Make sure you run in front of it.

The end of that game was really dark. I can remeber seeing the highlights on the news and thinking "all I can see is the person being interviewed." You couldnt see anything behind them but darkness. By the way that 87 team was nasty!!!

:madman: Are you serious...Our coach pretty much told us to hold on to the receivers knowing that they were running to spots on the field by the end of the game. It was dark and not almost dark. Sorry but you guys stole one from Highlands that year. HHS was up 20-7 with 7 and some change left and CovCath went for 2 and got the win with a pass to Tranter in the front corner of the end zone. I can hear it now in the CovCath huddle. Paul Hladon telling Tranter, just run your guy into the darkness and I will throw to the Bright Orange thing. Make sure you run in front of it.

At least your not bitter about it...

:lol: