Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top CovCath squads in the recent past

Featured Replies

How accurate is that statement for you being away from Ft Thomas for a short time. But you did say teams that you have seen so I guess that is a fair statement.:thumb:

 

 

Listening to it on the radio doesn't count...:p

 

Brother, ever hear of the word "leave"? I did miss a couple of CovCath games, but it's been very, very few!

  • Replies 88
  • Views 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Then I was mistaken. Thanks for the correction. :thumb:

 

It doesn't change your point. CCH had a strong qb to go with a strong supporting cast on both sides of the ball.

 

Sam Flynn actually started as a freshman - again to add to your overall theme.

Brother, ever hear of the word "leave"?

 

And where would I go...:lol::lol:

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

And where would I go...:lol::lol:

 

Are you seriously asking me to tell you where you can go?:D:D

It doesn't change your point. CCH had a strong qb to go with a strong supporting cast on both sides of the ball.

 

Sam Flynn actually started as a freshman - again to add to your overall theme.

 

 

You're right about Flynn; I'd forgotten that. Thanks again.

 

Clyde, you've seen a lot of CovCath teams, how would you rank the 06 team?

Are you seriously asking me to tell you where you can go?:D:D

 

To the Principals office if I don't behave....:laugh:

7.gif

You're right about Flynn; I'd forgotten that. Thanks again.

 

Clyde, you've seen a lot of CovCath teams, how would you rank the 06 team?

 

I haven't seen as many as you but if 90 is the starting point they certainly deserve to be mentioned with the 93 and 94 state champs.

1990 Cov Cath teams was one of the biggest teams in the state of KY that I have seen.

 

I would have liked to have seen that team play Bell County on a dry field. But, as is so often the case, playing Bell in November at Log Mountain is often played in a quagmire.

I would have liked to have seen that team play Bell County on a dry field. But, as is so often the case, playing Bell in November at Log Mountain is often played in a quagmire.

 

I have been told that if Wilson played qb that game, it would have come out in CovCath's favor. Didn't McCormick come back from injury to play this game?

I haven't seen as many as you but if 90 is the starting point they certainly deserve to be mentioned with the 93 and 94 state champs.

 

I would rank them below the 93 and 97 teams.

93 was pretty good as well. If I am not mistaken McCormick (sp) was the QB and Jobe was the RB?

 

The 93 team was one "slip" away from not getting out of the 3rd round .......

I think the 92 team needs to be mentioned. The gave the Birds a pretty good beating in Ft Thomas that year. I think the score was something like 49-21. That's a pretty good football team to beat Highlands at home like they did in the regular season. We all know what happen the 2nd time around when it really counted. The Birds won a hard fought game on a really, really sloppy field in Park Hills to move on to play on Thanksgiving Day on Log Mountain.:D

The 93 team was one "slip" away from not getting out of the 3rd round .......

 

Was that against Conner? The Cougars gave them all they wanted that game.

93 was pretty good as well. If I am not mistaken McCormick (sp) was the QB and Jobe was the RB?

 

Dustin Hicks was the starting QB on the 93 team.

Dustin Hicks was the starting QB on the 93 team.

 

So McCormick was a senior in 92. Yeah that would of been kind of odd having a Junior on the cover of the State Finals program in 1992. Heck, CovCath was so good that year, State officials had them already penciled in playing in the finals in 1992. It was a good tribute to a great player even though he didn't make it to Louisville that year. Adam McCormick was a fine QB. He was one of the better ones I have ever seen play in person at the High School level. And that Includes Tim Couch and my good friend Jared Lorenzen.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.