Top CovCath squads in the recent past

jbwill2

How accurate is that statement for you being away from Ft Thomas for a short time. But you did say teams that you have seen so I guess that is a fair statement.:thumb:

Listening to it on the radio doesn't count...:p

Brother, ever hear of the word "leave"? I did miss a couple of CovCath games, but it's been very, very few!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then I was mistaken. Thanks for the correction. :thumb:

It doesn't change your point. CCH had a strong qb to go with a strong supporting cast on both sides of the ball.

Sam Flynn actually started as a freshman - again to add to your overall theme.

It doesn't change your point. CCH had a strong qb to go with a strong supporting cast on both sides of the ball.

Sam Flynn actually started as a freshman - again to add to your overall theme.

You're right about Flynn; I'd forgotten that. Thanks again.

Clyde, you've seen a lot of CovCath teams, how would you rank the 06 team?

You're right about Flynn; I'd forgotten that. Thanks again.

Clyde, you've seen a lot of CovCath teams, how would you rank the 06 team?

I haven't seen as many as you but if 90 is the starting point they certainly deserve to be mentioned with the 93 and 94 state champs.

I would have liked to have seen that team play Bell County on a dry field. But, as is so often the case, playing Bell in November at Log Mountain is often played in a quagmire.

I have been told that if Wilson played qb that game, it would have come out in CovCath's favor. Didn't McCormick come back from injury to play this game?

I think the 92 team needs to be mentioned. The gave the Birds a pretty good beating in Ft Thomas that year. I think the score was something like 49-21. That's a pretty good football team to beat Highlands at home like they did in the regular season. We all know what happen the 2nd time around when it really counted. The Birds won a hard fought game on a really, really sloppy field in Park Hills to move on to play on Thanksgiving Day on Log Mountain.:D

Dustin Hicks was the starting QB on the 93 team.

So McCormick was a senior in 92. Yeah that would of been kind of odd having a Junior on the cover of the State Finals program in 1992. Heck, CovCath was so good that year, State officials had them already penciled in playing in the finals in 1992. It was a good tribute to a great player even though he didn't make it to Louisville that year. Adam McCormick was a fine QB. He was one of the better ones I have ever seen play in person at the High School level. And that Includes Tim Couch and my good friend Jared Lorenzen.