Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top CovCath squads in the recent past

Featured Replies

:madman: Are you serious...Our coach pretty much told us to hold on to the receivers knowing that they were running to spots on the field by the end of the game. It was dark and not almost dark. Sorry but you guys stole one from Highlands that year. HHS was up 20-7 with 7 and some change left and CovCath went for 2 and got the win with a pass to Tranter in the front corner of the end zone. I can hear it now in the CovCath huddle. Paul Hladon telling Tranter, just run your guy into the darkness and I will throw to the Bright Orange thing. Make sure you run in front of it.

 

I don't buy it. Covcath also were playing in the dark. You think it was hard for Tranter to catch the ball?

  • Replies 88
  • Views 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JBWill I'm a former Beechwood player, fan and graduate. I was just stating that the 92 Cov Cath team was loaded that year. I have a question for CCH fans who was the NG or NT on that Cov Cath team that year? I know he was a senior. I think his first name was John. This guy was nuts.

 

John Kirchner

I don't buy it. Covcath also were playing in the dark. You think it was hard for Tranter to catch the ball?

 

Don't buy it if don't want to. The game should of been postponed due to darkness. Oh well, I guess I can say that we contributed to CovCath's run of success over the next couple of years. I would give me year away anyday to watch Highlands wear CovCath out almost every year.:D

93 was pretty good as well. If I am not mistaken McCormick (sp) was the QB and Jobe was the RB?

 

McCormack graduated in '93, so his last season would have been the '92 football season. I think in '93, Chad Cogswell was QB. McCormack, Jobe and Cogswell were all tremendous athletes though - no doubt about it.

2001 team had a legit chance to go to the championship. I believe they lost in the semis to Rockcastle due to a late TO by CCH deep in Rocks territory.

 

2004 team was anywhere from 2 to 5 in the state. Had the class that started together as freshman finished together they were a legit state champion contender.

I don't think Cogswell was ever the starting QB for CCH.

2001 team had a legit chance to go to the championship. I believe they lost in the semis to Rockcastle due to a late TO by CCH deep in Rocks territory.

 

 

Yup. I think they were stopped on the goaline. That was a good team, with Timmy Grogan, Sean Gruber, Rose & Sean Ryan. David Paul was the all-time tackles leader until Sam Flynn. I think by the end of the year, Paul could only play DE due to a neck injury.

2001 team had a legit chance to go to the championship. I believe they lost in the semis to Rockcastle due to a late TO by CCH deep in Rocks territory.

 

2004 team was anywhere from 2 to 5 in the state. Had the class that started together as freshman finished together they were a legit state champion contender.

 

There was also a 60 yard CovCath interception return to near the Rockcastle goal line (may have scored, I'm getting old) that was nullified by a holding penalty on the opposite side of the field the pass went to. Big momentum swing.

Cogswell was a starter...he's in Cov Cath's 100 point club and #5 on the school's all time scorer list.

 

 

Kevin Cogswell was the starting QB for CCH for 1 season, the 94' state champion team.

 

Chad Cogswell (#5) on the list was a WR. Adam McCormick was the QB when Chad played and still goes down as possibly CCH's best QB ever.

Kevin Cogswell was the starting QB for CCH for 1 season, the 94' state champion team.

 

Chad Cogswell (#5) on the list was a WR. Adam McCormick was the QB when Chad played and still goes down as possibly CCH's best QB ever.

 

Ahh, that's right! I certainly remember McCormack, (I couldn't beleive all of those schools lost interest in him after they didn't go to state.) but I'd forgotten he was passing to Cogswell. In '94 though, Cogswell was QB, Oliver was receiver, Dailey at fullback, and Healey at tailback, am I right?

There was also a 60 yard CovCath interception return to near the Rockcastle goal line (may have scored, I'm getting old) that was nullified by a holding penalty on the opposite side of the field the pass went to. Big momentum swing.

 

I remember a play like that against Brentwood Academy out at Ryle. Don't recall a play like that against Rockcastle, though.

I remember a play like that against Brentwood Academy out at Ryle. Don't recall a play like that against Rockcastle, though.

 

I believe that play against Brentwood was a kickoff return that had to come back due to a hold on the opposite side of the field.

I believe that play against Brentwood was a kickoff return that had to come back due to a hold on the opposite side of the field.

 

I think you may be right, it was a kickoff return. Regardless, the hold had no impact on the play itself & the call was a big one.

 

I still don't remember the play against Rockcastle. :lol:

I think you may be right, it was a kickoff return. Regardless, the hold had no impact on the play itself & the call was a big one.

 

I still don't remember the play against Rockcastle. :lol:

 

There was an interception called back for defensive holding against Rockcastle.

 

Big momentum changer.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.