Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top CovCath squads in the recent past

Featured Replies

The thread about the 2006 CCH-HHS game got me thinking about some of the best CovCath squads in the recent past. I am really thinking about teams from 1990 onwards. Let's hear it!

  • Replies 88
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The 1992 squad might have been the best team ever at CovCath.

The 1992 squad might have been the best team ever at CovCath.

 

Very possible.

 

They were the first Kentucky team to beat Moeller. Moeller finished 7 - 3 that year and was Ohio D-1 state runner-up the next year, so it was a talented Moeller team CovCath beat.

Very possible.

 

They were the first Kentucky team to beat Moeller. Moeller finished 7 - 3 that year and was Ohio D-1 state runner-up the next year, so it was a talented Moeller team CovCath beat.

 

If I'm not mistaken, the new coach(Wirth) played on this Moeller team.

1990 Cov Cath teams was one of the biggest teams in the state of KY that I have seen.

93 was pretty good as well. If I am not mistaken McCormick (sp) was the QB and Jobe was the RB?

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

As I've stated several times, the 06 team was the most overall talented CovCath team that I've seen (and that goes back to the 70's). Other CovCath teams may have had better individual players, but as an overall team, the 06 one was the best. Talented, experienced qb. Nice running backs in Brownie and Bucky. D-1 tight end in Sutton. Very, very good receiver in Bovard. Very good, senior dominated O line. On D, you had Brownie and Castanada at the corners. Both were exceptional. At linebacker, you had Flynn (who had started as a sophomore which should tell you something if you didn't see Flynn play) as well as Will Geisen who was also very good and had a huge tackle early in the playoff game on 3rd and short and Sutton also played outside linebacker. Don't remember the D linemen names, but they were very good also. If I recall correctly, by the end of the year, something like 19 or 20 of starting O and D positions were manned by talented seniors. It was a very balanced, talented team with no weak links in the chain. Oh, and did I mention they had this pretty good kicker named Popham. :D

As I've stated several times, the 06 team was the most overall talented CovCath team that I've seen (and that goes back to the 70's). Other CovCath teams may have had better individual players, but as an overall team, the 06 one was the best. Talented, experienced qb.

 

You sure about the "experienced qb" part?

You sure about the "experienced qb" part?

 

Didn't Bleser start as junior? I thought he had.

As I've stated several times, the 06 team was the most overall talented CovCath team that I've seen (and that goes back to the 70's). Other CovCath teams may have had better individual players, but as an overall team, the 06 one was the best. Talented, experienced qb. Nice running backs in Brownie and Bucky. D-1 tight end in Sutton. Very, very good receiver in Bovard. Very good, senior dominated O line. On D, you had Brownie and Castanada at the corners. Both were exceptional. At linebacker, you had Flynn (who had started as a sophomore which should tell you something if you didn't see Flynn play) as well as Will Geisen who was also very good and had a huge tackle early in the playoff game on 3rd and short and Sutton also played outside linebacker. Don't remember the D linemen names, but they were very good also. If I recall correctly, by the end of the year, something like 19 or 20 of starting O and D positions were manned by talented seniors. It was a very balanced, talented team with no weak links in the chain. Oh, and did I mention they had this pretty good kicker named Popham. :D

Van Sant was the only sophomore contributor, at one of the outside LB positions, as well, and we know how good he is.

Didn't Bleser start as junior? I thought he had.

Drew Ellison did.

Didn't Bleser start as junior? I thought he had.

 

No, he backed up Drew Ellison.

As I've stated several times, the 06 team was the most overall talented CovCath team that I've seen (and that goes back to the 70's). Other CovCath teams may have had better individual players, but as an overall team, the 06 one was the best. Talented, experienced qb. Nice running backs in Brownie and Bucky. D-1 tight end in Sutton. Very, very good receiver in Bovard. Very good, senior dominated O line. On D, you had Brownie and Castanada at the corners. Both were exceptional. At linebacker, you had Flynn (who had started as a sophomore which should tell you something if you didn't see Flynn play) as well as Will Geisen who was also very good and had a huge tackle early in the playoff game on 3rd and short and Sutton also played outside linebacker. Don't remember the D linemen names, but they were very good also. If I recall correctly, by the end of the year, something like 19 or 20 of starting O and D positions were manned by talented seniors. It was a very balanced, talented team with no weak links in the chain. Oh, and did I mention they had this pretty good kicker named Popham. :D

 

How accurate is that statement for you being away from Ft Thomas for a short time. But you did say teams that you have seen so I guess that is a fair statement.:thumb:

 

 

Listening to it on the radio doesn't count...:p

No, he backed up Drew Ellison.

 

Then I was mistaken. Thanks for the correction. :thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.