Top CovCath squads in the recent past

jbwill2

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very possible.

They were the first Kentucky team to beat Moeller. Moeller finished 7 - 3 that year and was Ohio D-1 state runner-up the next year, so it was a talented Moeller team CovCath beat.

If I'm not mistaken, the new coach(Wirth) played on this Moeller team.

As I've stated several times, the 06 team was the most overall talented CovCath team that I've seen (and that goes back to the 70's). Other CovCath teams may have had better individual players, but as an overall team, the 06 one was the best. Talented, experienced qb. Nice running backs in Brownie and Bucky. D-1 tight end in Sutton. Very, very good receiver in Bovard. Very good, senior dominated O line. On D, you had Brownie and Castanada at the corners. Both were exceptional. At linebacker, you had Flynn (who had started as a sophomore which should tell you something if you didn't see Flynn play) as well as Will Geisen who was also very good and had a huge tackle early in the playoff game on 3rd and short and Sutton also played outside linebacker. Don't remember the D linemen names, but they were very good also. If I recall correctly, by the end of the year, something like 19 or 20 of starting O and D positions were manned by talented seniors. It was a very balanced, talented team with no weak links in the chain. Oh, and did I mention they had this pretty good kicker named Popham. :D

As I've stated several times, the 06 team was the most overall talented CovCath team that I've seen (and that goes back to the 70's). Other CovCath teams may have had better individual players, but as an overall team, the 06 one was the best. Talented, experienced qb.

You sure about the "experienced qb" part?

As I've stated several times, the 06 team was the most overall talented CovCath team that I've seen (and that goes back to the 70's). Other CovCath teams may have had better individual players, but as an overall team, the 06 one was the best. Talented, experienced qb. Nice running backs in Brownie and Bucky. D-1 tight end in Sutton. Very, very good receiver in Bovard. Very good, senior dominated O line. On D, you had Brownie and Castanada at the corners. Both were exceptional. At linebacker, you had Flynn (who had started as a sophomore which should tell you something if you didn't see Flynn play) as well as Will Geisen who was also very good and had a huge tackle early in the playoff game on 3rd and short and Sutton also played outside linebacker. Don't remember the D linemen names, but they were very good also. If I recall correctly, by the end of the year, something like 19 or 20 of starting O and D positions were manned by talented seniors. It was a very balanced, talented team with no weak links in the chain. Oh, and did I mention they had this pretty good kicker named Popham. :D

Van Sant was the only sophomore contributor, at one of the outside LB positions, as well, and we know how good he is.

How accurate is that statement for you being away from Ft Thomas for a short time. But you did say teams that you have seen so I guess that is a fair statement.:thumb:

Listening to it on the radio doesn't count...:p