Who will win the 12th Region?

This is an incorrect statement. I can remember the region being held at Boyle, Danville, Lincoln, South Laurel, Casey, Wayne, Pulaski and Southwestern. Maybe even McCreary Central. Mercer will certainly being hosting a region in the near future.

I would have to say that Lincoln is probably the middle of the region. The 12th stretches from Mercer Co. to McCreary Central which is a brutal 2 hour bus ride.

Rotating the sites from North (Lincoln, Boyle, Danville, Mercer) to South (Southwestern, Wayne, Pulaski) makes sense to me.

It used to be rotated all over the region but for the last few years it has been alternated between Pulaski and Lincoln and I believe will continue to do so for at least the next couple of years.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Combination of 8th, 9th and 10th grade classes.

Didn't Southwestern have an awful regular season last year and then get to tourney time and make a run. It is within the realm of possiblity that Boyle County could make a run and ruin a team or two's season, especially since we host district. Hopefully starting with Lincoln next week. After we past KSD of course, one game at a time....

QUOTE]

I wouldn't call winning one game getting hot a tourney time and making a run. lol

That was with Bottoms as their coach... Those days of Boyle contending in basketball may very well be over for a while. & Boyle's administration/parents did it to themselves.

That's bull. I admit Ronnie was a good coach and I know Ronnie very well.

Personally, I would be OK with him as the coach right now, but he isn't due to some behind-the-scene things that continuously went on.

Ronnie walked into a very good situation with having Brain Staed as his center his first 2 years. This kid was big and stood 6' 9"-6'10". Everyone had a hard time stopping him in the 12th region. Then Boyle got 2 transfers from Danville that was very productive. Spencer Perrin was a very good player that is now signed with EKU and Christian Williams was a three point threat at anytime. These three players would allow any 12th region team to be a contender for the championship. Then Ronnie was let go.

Currently, we don't have any players of this caliber. Aumiller was going to be, but with his injured shoulder, he hasn't been all year. Plus, Boyle doesn't have anyone this year that can shoot the 3 consistently like past Bolye teams.

That said, let the current coach develop his players that he has now and in the future.

And maybe, one of them will grow to be a 7 footer or a transfer or two will come into the program the next few years. :notworthy::notworthy:

I appoligize :isurrender:

I know nothing :isurrender:

Boyle Co. is the 12th region champ in the next 3 years :isurrender:

Lincoln Co. is afraid to play you :isurrender:

Everyone in the 12th region is now on notice to look out for Boyle Co.'s Freshman and JV teams. They are great and on they way to your town in the coming years! :eek::notworthy::scared:

That's more like it. That is realistic talk right there. Glad I was able to convince you what we already know. Welcome aboard.:ylsuper:

Didn't Southwestern have an awful regular season last year and then get to tourney time and make a run. It is within the realm of possiblity that Boyle County could make a run and ruin a team or two's season, especially since we host district. Hopefully starting with Lincoln next week. After we past KSD of course, one game at a time....

QUOTE]

I wouldn't call winning one game getting hot a tourney time and making a run. lol

You are right, I was misinformed, upsetting one of the best teams in the district and not allowing them to make it to the region isn't getting hot and making a run, but I would be very happy if Boyle beat Lincoln in districts and lost their first region game. I wouldn't be upset at all, especially after the season we have had.

1. It wasn't his coaching abilities that got him dismissed. I am sure if you were closer to the program you would understand the circumstances and why he was dismissed. Personally, I like Coach Bottoms and I wish him well. He was a good coach, but there is a reason(s) he is gone.:ohbrother:

2. By no means did they impress me. Maybe if we had played our best game and Lincoln beat us that bad I would be more impressed, but when you have as many unforced errors as we did, then Lincoln should have beaten us that bad. In the same fashion we aren't as good as last year, neither is Lincoln. When we do the little things, such as protect the ball, and play smart, make free throws we can beat anyone in the 12th region, including Lincoln. I think that last statement bodes true for everyone in the 12th. Unfortunately, for us, we haven't done those little things enough and our record reflects that.:deadhorse:

3. That works for me, if make it to region as runner up in our district, that means we beat Lincoln. I'll take that and call it a transition year with a happy ending.:dancingpa

4. Realistic thinking doesn't involve opinions that have no facts to back them up, such as Boyle County will not contend for years. Based off what facts can you make that statement? Boyle's freshmen beat Lincoln's in the district tourney and Lincoln was too scared to reschedule the regular season matchups between the jv so when did you see the freshmen or jv teams from Boyle to make a blanket statement that Boyle will not contend for years? I know for a fact that Lincoln wouldn't return calls or emails made to get those games rescheduled and that we even offered to reschedule our home freshmen/jv games at Lincoln if it better accomodated them and they still didn't want to play. In Boyle County we call that hate, not being realistic.:madman:

Talk about hating...

How does Lincoln not impress you? They have dominated Boyle County this season, and have the best record against 12th region teams in the entire region.

Forced or unforced errors, they are still errors, and the opposing teams defense will get credit for causing them. And to be honest, LC's pressure defense really bothers Boyle. I agree, if Boyle can solve LC's defense, they can beat LC. Obviously these are errors that BC hasn't corrected all year, they have only won four games in the 12th region all year. 0 games in the district. What evidence do you have that they can/could compete for the region?

As for the "our JV team beat your JV team"....:eek: What does it matter. Very rarely does freshman or JV success translate to varsity success. Reason being, especially at programs like Lincoln, Boyle, etc. The good young kids are already dressing varsity.

I think Bottoms was a good coach, and did inherit a lot of talent. However, if memory serves me correctly, he was interim head coach. He came and and won right away, then was given the job. I don't doubt that there other reasons that he is not there now, and quite frankly I (as a LC fan) am glad he is gone. He was hard to beat.:D

It used to be rotated all over the region but for the last few years it has been alternated between Pulaski and Lincoln and I believe will continue to do so for at least the next couple of years.

If this is true (not the first time that I had to be corrected) then I would say that it is an unfair advantage for Lincoln and Pulaski and hopefully will go back to the way it was.

If this is true (not the first time that I had to be corrected) then I would say that it is an unfair advantage for Lincoln and Pulaski and hopefully will go back to the way it was.

It is true. I think it was originally set up as an 10 year plan, it may have been shorter or longer. I know this is the third time that the boys region has been at LC since it started. It rotates, the boys are at LC this year and the girls will be at Pulaski County.

It was done like that for three reasons. Two of the largest gyms, when the plan was developed, adequete parking and location.

I agree, it seems unfair. I would like to see the region played somewhere totally neutral. Like Centre College, etc.

It is an advantage for Lincoln & Pulaski but the reason that the 12th region Athletic Directors and Principals voted to allow this rotation from LC & PC is ...

1. due to their centralized locations in the 12th region,

2. their ability to handle the parking, and

3. their seating capasity in their gymnasiums.

It is an advantage for Lincoln & Pulaski but the reason that the 12th region Athletic Directors and Principals voted to allow this rotation from LC & PC is ...

1. due to their centralized locations in the 12th region,

2. their ability to handle the parking, and

3. their seating capasity in their gymnasiums.

I wish the rotation were still in play, but...

If forced, I would prefer the boys play at Pulaski every year, just because it's a better gym and offers better seating all-around.

I agree, it seems unfair. I would like to see the region played somewhere totally neutral. Like Centre College, etc.

Of course Centre isn't even an option, but I do understand what you are saying. There just aren't any neutral gyms in the region. It would be pretty cool if the Rural Development Center in Somerset had an arena/gym setup like Pikeville has. Maybe 5,000 seats or so.

I wish the rotation were still in play, but...

If forced, I would prefer the boys play at Pulaski every year, just because it's a better gym and offers better seating all-around.

The seating and gym itself are very comprable to me between LC & PC.

The seating and gym itself are very comprable to me between LC & PC.

Really? I would think Pulaski has more "good" seats, closer to the floor. Plus there is room to walk around at Pulaski without ever leaving the game. Lincoln is always incredibly crowded in the region (not necessarily a problem) and snack/bathroom trips are a hassle.

Really? I would think Pulaski has more "good" seats, closer to the floor. Plus there is room to walk around at Pulaski without ever leaving the game. Lincoln is always incredibly crowded in the region (not necessarily a problem) and snack/bathroom trips are a hassle.

Back in the day, it was held at Pulaski County every year because they had the only big gym in the Region.

It is funny to think back to all of the adults smoking in that open lobby and the smoke filling up the gym. Lincoln County won a Sweet Sixteen trip at Pulaski County 3 of the 4 times that they made it (1975, 1980 and 2008). The other time was at Lincoln County in 2007.

So, for Lincoln County anywhere in the Region is fine so long as it is Lincoln County or Pulaski County.:lol: