Who will win the 12th Region?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand the logic and agree with it. I just like the games at different locations every year, just because it mixes it up some!:thumb:

I think you could add a couple more venues to this. I don't think all the gyms in the region are adequete. Obviously, you could add a few more. Like I said the other day, it would be much better at a central location. Like the 11th does at Alumni, etc.

I think it's unfair myself. But...... I like it.:cool:

I think you could add a couple more venues to this. I don't think all the gyms in the region are adequete. Obviously, you could add a few more. Like I said the other day, it would be much better at a central location. Like the 11th does at Alumni, etc.

I think it's unfair myself. But...... I like it.:cool:

I think Boyle, Garrard and Lincoln are all capable in the 45th.

Mercer is capable in the 46th.

Pulaski is capable in the 47th; I've never been to Rockcastle, so I can't say about them.

Wayne and McCreary are capable in the 48th.

I don't like it at Danville, Casey or Southwestern, just because they aren't quite big enough for the boys tournament.

And why am I not surprised that you would be in favor of the current setup?! If Pulaski keeps fielding bad basketball teams, Lincoln might be guaranteed several straight trips to Rupp!:D

Rockcastle County is almost identical to Southwestern. I think that there may be more seats in the lower level at Rockcastle but I can't remember for sure. I remember going to Southwestern and it seems like there was still seats remaining so I think it's large enough. How big is Mercer's new gym? I haven't seen it yet.

Rockcastle County is almost identical to Southwestern. I think that there may be more seats in the lower level at Rockcastle but I can't remember for sure. I remember going to Southwestern and it seems like there was still seats remaining so I think it's large enough. How big is Mercer's new gym? I haven't seen it yet.

Mercer is supposed to hold around 4,000, I think. Definitely large enough.

I've seen their gym. It doesn't seem very large, if it is true that it holds 4,000. Seems smaller than Wayne/McCreary.

An earlier press release stated that the gym would hold around 2400. I don't really understand this calculation because the old gym held 1700 and the new gym is a lot bigger. With that being said, the new gym is more than adequate enough to host the region.

I've seen their gym. It doesn't seem very large, if it is true that it holds 4,000. Seems smaller than Wayne/McCreary.

May be the case. I've never been, just going more on reports. I'm actually going to the 46th district games tonight, so I'll give a better report then!

An earlier press release stated that the gym would hold around 2400. I don't really understand this calculation because the old gym held 1700 and the new gym is a lot bigger. With that being said, the new gym is more than adequate enough to host the region.

No doubt the new Mercer Co. gym has the capasity to host the 12th region tourney...

The problem is... it doesn't have a central location. So McCreary Central, Wayne Co., Montecello, etc... have to drive a long way on a late night after every win/loss.

How big is the new Garrard gym going to be?

Probably about the same size - maybe a little larger and definitely a lot nicer. The problem is that the gym is in a different phase of building, so unless something changes, it won't open when the school does. The basketball teams will still play at the current gym. There will, however, be an auxiliary gym that is being built first that will be for P.E. classes, volleyball matches, and basketball practices.

12th region winner is this formula:

Ozz Jackson (KHSAA board of control member for 14th region) + Jeff Jackson (brother to Ozz and Lincoln County's coach) + 14th region officials + region held at Lincoln County = Lincoln County 12th region champs!!!

Don't forget to add that the 12th and 14th also drew each other to play the first round of the state tourney too! That will make it interesting! Now that is a conflict of interest!:D

I still think the 12th is wide open and out of probably the top ten teams in this region they are all capable of beating one another. Whichever team can get the hottest over the next 2 weeks and get a little luck will win the 12th. You can literally make a case for the top ten teams. It's easy to say Lincoln has home court advantage, but if they lose, then who wins?:idunno: I look forward to the tournaments, starting with the 45th at Boyle County next week.

Go Rebels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You hit the nail on the head. Luck! Whoever wins the Region will have to have some luck along the way. Go Raiders!!:isurrender: