Who will win the 12th Region?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think the 12th is wide open and out of probably the top ten teams in this region they are all capable of beating one another. Whichever team can get the hottest over the next 2 weeks and get a little luck will win the 12th. You can literally make a case for the top ten teams. It's easy to say Lincoln has home court advantage, but if they lose, then who wins?:idunno: I look forward to the tournaments, starting with the 45th at Boyle County next week.

Go Rebels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lincoln will be down next year, but after that.... look out. Of course, everyone, including yourself, thought they would be down this year too. In which compared to the last two season they were. However, they have the best record in the 12th region, within the region. That's a pretty good year.

I think this is the year that the Raiders finally break through. That team is very dangerous and look to be getting this together after a tough regular season.

I think McCreary has the talent to win it, but honestly they haven't showed they can do it on the court. How do you figure they are getting it together. They are 5-5 in their last ten, and 3-3 in their last six games. They were basically beaten by double figures in all of their games against good competition.

Is their sophmore class loaded? I saw their freshman team against Somerset, who played without Townsend, and it took a last minute comeback for the Patriots to win at Lincoln--and that was before Somerset's center discovered that he was 40 lbs. heavier than everyone and started putting up double/doubles every game. I'm not saying that Somerset's freshman are great but Lincoln's were far from impressive.

How can 14th call it- Doesnt Jacksons brother assign those refs from 14th region? Wasnt it the 14th that made the bad call against West 2 years ago at Lincoln that decided the game? Why doenst the 12th use its own refs like we do in the 11th region and 10th region? How many other regions use refs they have never seen- this doenst seem to fair??:idunno:

I believe that switching refs is a good ideal. Coaches and refs spend a lot of time together during the season and for good or bad that relationship could cause a game to go one way or another.

A perfect example of this would be the NCAA tournament. Duke doesn't get the same "homer" calls by refs who don't normally call their games.

The only time that I can see this hurting a region is when they switch with a region who has bad refs to begin with. For years the 12th would switch with the 8th and their referees were terrible.

I don't understand why the Region is only held at 2 sites every other year? They all agree to this??? I know they are probably the ones that hold the most or whatever, but it gives these teams such a big advantage when they get to host the thing every other year. Could they just not play a game and then clear the gym and play the 2nd one like others do sometimes just to be able to play the region somewhere else. I'm sure they could work it out if they tried. How far to all the teams have to travel to even get to Lincoln County, is it in the middle of the region? It would make more sense I guess if it was.

This is an incorrect statement. I can remember the region being held at Boyle, Danville, Lincoln, South Laurel, Casey, Wayne, Pulaski and Southwestern. Maybe even McCreary Central. Mercer will certainly being hosting a region in the near future.

I would have to say that Lincoln is probably the middle of the region. The 12th stretches from Mercer Co. to McCreary Central which is a brutal 2 hour bus ride.

Rotating the sites from North (Lincoln, Boyle, Danville, Mercer) to South (Southwestern, Wayne, Pulaski) makes sense to me.

Is their sophmore class loaded? I saw their freshman team against Somerset, who played without Townsend, and it took a last minute comeback for the Patriots to win at Lincoln--and that was before Somerset's center discovered that he was 40 lbs. heavier than everyone and started putting up double/doubles every game. I'm not saying that Somerset's freshman are great but Lincoln's were far from impressive.

They would have to be, we beat Lincoln's freshmen when we played them. Southwestern's freshmen are the best class, followed by Boyle and Lincoln, IMO. I guess we'll see how it all plays out in 3 years.

Boyle County has been in the regional championship game 2 out of the last 3 years so I disagree with the Lincoln/West statement. If you had said Lincoln/Boyle you would have been correct.

That was with Bottoms as their coach... Those days of Boyle contending in basketball may very well be over for a while. & Boyle's administration/parents did it to themselves.

Combination of 8th, 9th and 10th grade classes.

That is WRONG! I talk with him 3-4 times a week and I would have to say he would disagree with that statement.

I speak with one of West's assistants on a quarterly basis atleast and he had no complaints about the refereeing. I can't beleive we are still talking about 1 call in a game from now 2+ years ago. I am sure West got the bennefit of a bad call in that game as well, just not in the last minute.

& if memory serves me correctly the bad call wasn't a call at all. It was a "no call" on a jump shot at the buzzer.

That was with Bottoms as their coach... Those days of Boyle contending in basketball may very well be over for a while. & Boyle's administration/parents did it to themselves.

That is very doubtful, our days of contending are not over. Once again, Bottoms is gone for reasons I will not get into in this forum. Unless you were there or had a kid on the team, your opinion of the parents and administration are misinformed.

Again, we had successful years with our JV and Freshmen teams and I expect Boyle to contend for the region title at least once over the course of the next 3 years. Yeah, this year we didn't live up to expectations, but once again, if we can get hot, and protect the ball, we can beat anyone in this region. No one in the 12th region is the hands down best team and it is wide open. IMO, Mercer County was one of the better teams I have seen this year and that was another winnable game for us. I was not overly impressed with Lincoln, but that doesn't mean they can't win the region. Garrard County destroyed us at home, but they needed all 32 minutes to beat us at Garrard County.

Didn't Southwestern have an awful regular season last year and then get to tourney time and make a run. It is within the realm of possiblity that Boyle County could make a run and ruin a team or two's season, especially since we host district. Hopefully starting with Lincoln next week. After we past KSD of course, one game at a time....

So keep the hate up, we'll be back whether it be this year or the next, or the next. I believe in Coach Adams and the Coaching staff, which includes 2 holdovers from Bottoms tenure by the way. We'll be all right.

That is very doubtful, our days of contending are not over. Once again, Bottoms is gone for reasons I will not get into in this forum. Unless you were there or had a kid on the team, your opinion of the parents and administration are misinformed.

Again, we had successful years with our JV and Freshmen teams and I expect Boyle to contend for the region title at least once over the course of the next 3 years. Yeah, this year we didn't live up to expectations, but once again, if we can get hot, and protect the ball, we can beat anyone in this region. No one in the 12th region is the hands down best team and it is wide open. IMO, Mercer County was one of the better teams I have seen this year and that was another winnable game for us. I was not overly impressed with Lincoln, but that doesn't mean they can't win the region. Garrard County destroyed us at home, but they needed all 32 minutes to beat us at Garrard County.

Didn't Southwestern have an awful regular season last year and then get to tourney time and make a run. It is within the realm of possiblity that Boyle County could make a run and ruin a team or two's season, especially since we host district. Hopefully starting with Lincoln next week. After we past KSD of course, one game at a time....

So keep the hate up, we'll be back whether it be this year or the next, or the next. I believe in Coach Adams and the Coaching staff, which includes 2 holdovers from Bottoms tenure by the way. We'll be all right.

Yeah, I figured Coach Bottoms was misinformed.

Lincoln didn't impress you, but they beat Boyle by double double figures in both meetings (17 at Boyle & 21 at Lincoln).

Southwestern made no run last season. They made it to the Region as a runner-up in their district. They proceeded to lose to Lincoln Co. in the first round of the Region by around 17 points.

I am not trying to hate. I am just being realistic.

1. Yeah, I figured Coach Bottoms was misinformed.

2. Lincoln didn't impress you, but they beat Boyle by double double figures in both meetings (17 at Boyle & 21 at Lincoln).

3. Southwestern made no run last season. They made it to the Region as a runner-up in their district. They proceeded to lose to Lincoln Co. in the first round of the Region by around 17 points.

4. I am not trying to hate. I am just being realistic.

1. It wasn't his coaching abilities that got him dismissed. I am sure if you were closer to the program you would understand the circumstances and why he was dismissed. Personally, I like Coach Bottoms and I wish him well. He was a good coach, but there is a reason(s) he is gone.:ohbrother:

2. By no means did they impress me. Maybe if we had played our best game and Lincoln beat us that bad I would be more impressed, but when you have as many unforced errors as we did, then Lincoln should have beaten us that bad. In the same fashion we aren't as good as last year, neither is Lincoln. When we do the little things, such as protect the ball, and play smart, make free throws we can beat anyone in the 12th region, including Lincoln. I think that last statement bodes true for everyone in the 12th. Unfortunately, for us, we haven't done those little things enough and our record reflects that.:deadhorse:

3. That works for me, if make it to region as runner up in our district, that means we beat Lincoln. I'll take that and call it a transition year with a happy ending.:dancingpa

4. Realistic thinking doesn't involve opinions that have no facts to back them up, such as Boyle County will not contend for years. Based off what facts can you make that statement? Boyle's freshmen beat Lincoln's in the district tourney and Lincoln was too scared to reschedule the regular season matchups between the jv so when did you see the freshmen or jv teams from Boyle to make a blanket statement that Boyle will not contend for years? I know for a fact that Lincoln wouldn't return calls or emails made to get those games rescheduled and that we even offered to reschedule our home freshmen/jv games at Lincoln if it better accomodated them and they still didn't want to play. In Boyle County we call that hate, not being realistic.:madman:

I appoligize :isurrender:

I know nothing :isurrender:

Boyle Co. is the 12th region champ in the next 3 years :isurrender:

Lincoln Co. is afraid to play you :isurrender:

Everyone in the 12th region is now on notice to look out for Boyle Co.'s Freshman and JV teams. They are great and on they way to your town in the coming years! :eek::notworthy::scared: