Who will win the 12th Region?

It is in the Cracker Box. Don't understand why. With Money like it is, why have the Dist. Tourney in a Gym that holds like 1000 at Max.

Its supposed to be able to seat 1200. I would have never thought it. It may be rated for 1st graders instead of adults.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45th - Lincoln and Garrard

46th - W. Jessamine and Mercer

47th - Rockcastle and Casey

48th - SouthWestern and Wayne

Best players I've seen play this year in this region:

Spurlin from Lincoln

Polson from W. Jessamine

Watts from McCreary Central

Sleeper - Southwestern Pulaski have some big guys that can dominate the paint. They are senior oriented and can shoot well from the perimeter and are also very well coached. It can be dangerous to overlook them.

Cinderella - If Rockcastle can win first game in the District and regain their confidence, they could be a hard team to beat in the region tournament. They have three of the better juniors in the region that can pull an upset on anybody.

*I'll have to go with a toss up between West Jessamine and Lincoln to win the region. Two best players, two best teams!

Home Court Advantage - Lincoln County Wins!

That is WRONG! I talk with him 3-4 times a week and I would have to say he would disagree with that statement.

He should think they were good. They knocked him (West) out the last two seasons. Sounds like sour grapes.:idunno:

Lincoln has proved that they have been the best program the last two years, but after this year, I wonder how they'll do?

Lincoln will be down next year, but after that.... look out. Of course, everyone, including yourself, thought they would be down this year too. In which compared to the last two season they were. However, they have the best record in the 12th region, within the region. That's a pretty good year.

I think this is the year that the Raiders finally break through. That team is very dangerous and look to be getting this together after a tough regular season.

I think McCreary has the talent to win it, but honestly they haven't showed they can do it on the court. How do you figure they are getting it together. They are 5-5 in their last ten, and 3-3 in their last six games. They were basically beaten by double figures in all of their games against good competition.

45th - Lincoln and Garrard

46th - W. Jessamine and Mercer

47th - Rockcastle and Casey

48th - SouthWestern and Wayne

Best players I've seen play this year in this region:

Spurlin from Lincoln

Polson from W. Jessamine

Watts from McCreary Central

Sleeper - Southwestern Pulaski have some big guys that can dominate the paint. They are senior oriented and can shoot well from the perimeter and are also very well coached. It can be dangerous to overlook them.

Cinderella - If Rockcastle can win first game in the District and regain their confidence, they could be a hard team to beat in the region tournament. They have three of the better juniors in the region that can pull an upset on anybody.

*I'll have to go with a toss up between West Jessamine and Lincoln to win the region. Two best players, two best teams!

Home Court Advantage - Lincoln County Wins!

This is a fantastic breakdown. My only difference would be Danville as a cinderella team, if they can get past Garrard County. That Danville vs. Garrard matchup will be a classic. The winner could win the 12th. :thumb:

This is a fantastic breakdown. My only difference would be Danville as a cinderella team, if they can get past Garrard County. That Danville vs. Garrard matchup will be a classic. The winner could win the 12th. :thumb:

I think you're right about the Danville/Garrard game.

I actually think the 2/3 games in three 12th region districts should all be good. You might can make a case that the losers of all three games (which won't make the region), might have teams capable of winning the whole thing. The 45th (Danville/Garrard), 46th (East/Mercer) and 48th (Southwestern/McCreary) are all going to be eliminating a pretty good team.

Thanks.

But, I'll have to stick with the Rock, because I am a big football fan. Those three juniors mentioned are also football players.

I think you're right about the Danville/Garrard game.

I actually think the 2/3 games in three 12th region districts should all be good. You might can make a case that the losers of all three games (which won't make the region), might have teams capable of winning the whole thing. The 45th (Danville/Garrard), 46th (East/Mercer) and 48th (Southwestern/McCreary) are all going to be eliminating a pretty good team.

Exactly right. The 12th is really even. I am hoping for a 45th 4peat though.:notworthy:

I'll have to agree, great breakdown of the region.

I think that this region is wide open, but I'll also agree that Lincoln will pull out the victory.

I like the comment about Rockcastle, I'm a fan. I wish them the best of luck.

Last three years the West Jessamine and Lincoln County programs have been tops in 12th. Lincoln has won- out right last year and from what I understand a very questionable call year before. Looks like these two again are the tops of the region with some others contending again. I would love to see these two battle again in finals. I think both programs are ran by class coaches and both have fundamental basketball that the 12th region should be proud of- the always play tough schedules and both get the region quality wins. Fans always have opinions- Lincoln has been to Rupp last two years- no denying- they also had 3 1000 pt scorers- Props to both programs and lets hope this year the 12th gets a win at Rupp

Last three years the West Jessamine and Lincoln County programs have been tops in 12th. Lincoln has won- out right last year and from what I understand a very questionable call year before. Looks like these two again are the tops of the region with some others contending again. I would love to see these two battle again in finals. I think both programs are ran by class coaches and both have fundamental basketball that the 12th region should be proud of- the always play tough schedules and both get the region quality wins. Fans always have opinions- Lincoln has been to Rupp last two years- no denying- they also had 3 1000 pt scorers- Props to both programs and lets hope this year the 12th gets a win at Rupp

Make that four on the same roster.... Spurlin eclipsed the 1000 pt mark too.

Danville won't have Taylor from what I hear, making it easy for Garrard to advance to the region. I like West Jessamine and have all year. Poor Burgin has best record in 40 years and Mike fFeld's admiration and look at the prize they get in the first round -West! Add up the wins of all the teams in each district and look at how many more the 46th has with West, East, Mercer, and Burgin totaled up. If I was in the 12th, I would want in the Rock, PC, Somerset, and Casey district for sure this year.