Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Heath Ledger winning awards, but...

Featured Replies

Am I the only one who feels this way?

 

Heath Ledger has recieved great praise for his past work and especially his performance as the Joker in the Dark Knight. So far at the two award shows that I have watched, everybody is just holding him in the highest regards. Dont get me wrong, I thought he was a terrific actor and I enjoyed also thought his role as Joker was outstanding.

 

I say this is an opportunity to educate people on the dangers of abusing prescription medication. With his recieving these awards, wouldn't this be a forum to reach millions. It's unfortunate that he has past, but could his death be used to benefit countless others?

I guess I kinda feel the exact opposite of you. I am glad that they aren't doing this.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

 

Heath Ledger has recieved great praise for his past work and especially his performance as the Joker in the Dark Knight. So far at the two award shows that I have watched, everybody is just holding him in the highest regards. Dont get me wrong, I thought he was a terrific actor and I enjoyed also thought his role as Joker was outstanding.

 

I say this is an opportunity to educate people on the dangers of abusing prescription medication. With his recieving these awards, wouldn't this be a forum to reach millions. It's unfortunate that he has past, but could his death be used to benefit countless others?

 

I totally agree. If they can save one life through educating the public then it was worth it. Prescription drug abuse and depression is rampant across this country and destroying families everyday.

 

They are too worried about damaging his legacy as an actor and hurting the movie biz. Its all about dollar bills and not saving lives. Lets be honest.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

 

Heath Ledger has recieved great praise for his past work and especially his performance as the Joker in the Dark Knight. So far at the two award shows that I have watched, everybody is just holding him in the highest regards. Dont get me wrong, I thought he was a terrific actor and I enjoyed also thought his role as Joker was outstanding.

 

I say this is an opportunity to educate people on the dangers of abusing prescription medication. With his recieving these awards, wouldn't this be a forum to reach millions. It's unfortunate that he has past, but could his death be used to benefit countless others?

 

I don't see the problem with this. He had an addiction. You have never had an addiction tom anything?

What a great job he did with his role though.

Take advantage of "teachable moments" whenever you can.

  • Author
I don't see the problem with this. He had an addiction. You have never had an addiction tom anything?

 

You dont see a problem with addiction to pain killers or to obtain these pills illegally? What about alcohol or other drugs?

 

This kind of laissez faire attitude is what I am afraid of.

 

What I am saying that while he is being praised (and rightfully so) for his work, his tragedy can be used for good.

  • Author
What a great job he did with his role though.

 

Agreed. he was great as the Joker!:thumb:

I watched the movie, and listened to how great Ledger was as the joker, but I still think this is the better joker.

joker.jpg

I watched the movie, and listened to how great Ledger was as the joker, but I still think this is the better joker.

 

I am going to have to respectfully and completely disagree with you. Nicholas was great, but not even close IMO.

I agree with you poet, it would be a good thing. However, I think a parent or family member would have to be the one to lead it--sort of awkward for someone else to "use" his death as a reason to do it (or it may be perceived that way).

 

BTW, his role as the Joker was awesome and worthy of awards.

You dont see a problem with addiction to pain killers or to obtain these pills illegally? What about alcohol or other drugs?

 

This kind of laissez faire attitude is what I am afraid of.

 

What I am saying that while he is being praised (and rightfully so) for his work, his tragedy can be used for good.

 

When I lived in Pikeville, I was told that 70 percent of the DUI arrests were pill-related. Ignore him, and draw light upon what's going on in the mountains.

Although the overdose was wrong and a problem, you can't forget about what this guy did on the screen. The way he made himself the Joker and completely take over the role was amazing.

This was a night to award excellence. Everyone knows how he died.

 

I think watching what would have been a wonderful moment for him, knowing that he threw that away, needs no other statement.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.