Heath Ledger winning awards, but...

the poet

Am I the only one who feels this way?

Heath Ledger has recieved great praise for his past work and especially his performance as the Joker in the Dark Knight. So far at the two award shows that I have watched, everybody is just holding him in the highest regards. Dont get me wrong, I thought he was a terrific actor and I enjoyed also thought his role as Joker was outstanding.

I say this is an opportunity to educate people on the dangers of abusing prescription medication. With his recieving these awards, wouldn't this be a forum to reach millions. It's unfortunate that he has past, but could his death be used to benefit countless others?

Heath Ledger has recieved great praise for his past work and especially his performance as the Joker in the Dark Knight. So far at the two award shows that I have watched, everybody is just holding him in the highest regards. Dont get me wrong, I thought he was a terrific actor and I enjoyed also thought his role as Joker was outstanding.

I say this is an opportunity to educate people on the dangers of abusing prescription medication. With his recieving these awards, wouldn't this be a forum to reach millions. It's unfortunate that he has past, but could his death be used to benefit countless others?

I totally agree. If they can save one life through educating the public then it was worth it. Prescription drug abuse and depression is rampant across this country and destroying families everyday.

They are too worried about damaging his legacy as an actor and hurting the movie biz. Its all about dollar bills and not saving lives. Lets be honest.

I don't see the problem with this. He had an addiction. You have never had an addiction tom anything?

I don't see the problem with this. He had an addiction. You have never had an addiction tom anything?

You dont see a problem with addiction to pain killers or to obtain these pills illegally? What about alcohol or other drugs?

This kind of laissez faire attitude is what I am afraid of.

What I am saying that while he is being praised (and rightfully so) for his work, his tragedy can be used for good.

I agree with you poet, it would be a good thing. However, I think a parent or family member would have to be the one to lead it--sort of awkward for someone else to "use" his death as a reason to do it (or it may be perceived that way).

BTW, his role as the Joker was awesome and worthy of awards.

You dont see a problem with addiction to pain killers or to obtain these pills illegally? What about alcohol or other drugs?

This kind of laissez faire attitude is what I am afraid of.

What I am saying that while he is being praised (and rightfully so) for his work, his tragedy can be used for good.

When I lived in Pikeville, I was told that 70 percent of the DUI arrests were pill-related. Ignore him, and draw light upon what's going on in the mountains.