North Laurel looking for a new head coach

Boucher

I hate ot hear that things did not work at for Dave, he is a quality individual. As for Roark, I will say this is NL does not want to keep him, we in Braves country will take him right now. He is a great young coach who kids love and he has a passion for the game that is 2nd to none. If you have a problem with Roark Madhatter it would probably be on a personal level, because there is no way you could convince me he is not a quality coach. Like I said we would gladly take him in Braves country anytime he wanted to come.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob Lawson is the DC at Henderson County, they held a really good Bowling Green team to 13 points this past Friday. I do remember that he was an outstanding player for Whitley in the mid to late nineties, and then went on to play and then coach for the University of the Cumberlands.

Bob Lawson is the DC at Henderson County, they held a really good Bowling Green team to 13 points this past Friday. I do remember that he was an outstanding player for Whitley in the mid to late nineties, and then went on to play and then coach for the University of the Cumberlands.

Thanks for the info! :thumb:

Thanks,I thought he was associated with Whitley someway.

Im not positive, but I think he also coached at Pelham High School in Birmingham, Alabama, where Jep Irwin (former South Laurel Head Coach) is now coaching.

Being a good middle school coach does not translate to being a good high school coach. It's a bit easier to be successful at the middle school level when you have players who are hold backs and the such. Many programs around the area have very good middle school teams but they don't always transfer over to good high school teams. I wish NL good luck in finding a new Coach for their fine school.

Being a good middle school coach does not translate to being a good high school coach. It's a bit easier to be successful at the middle school level when you have players who are hold backs and the such. Many programs around the area have very good middle school teams but they don't always transfer over to good high school teams. I wish NL good luck in finding a new Coach for their fine school.

I know that Carlofitis would be an excellent HS coach as he has been an assistant at the HS level in the past and did a great job. However, he enjoys where he is right now much more. He is one of the primary reasons that the numbers at NL are up like they are even when the HS team has a losing record. Since he took over the middle school program, they win more and routinely have 150 kids playing middle school football. Within his first few years, the school had to purchase tons of new equipment due to the growing numbers. However, like I said before, I truly believe that he doesn't have a true interest in moving up. His kids are young and the middle school program, while a lot of work, does require fewer hours than a high school program does. He is a class act and a wonderful role model for the kids, but I don't see him moving up to the high school. Just my two cents.

Thanks,I thought he was associated with Whitley someway.

Brian Lawson does coach and teach at Whitley County, I think he coaches receivers and the QBs. He played at Whitley and Cumberlands. He is the younger brother of Bob Lawson who coaches at Henderson County. They have a younger brother who played at Corbin and plays at Cumberlands now. If you hire Bob Lawson you would have two built in coaches right there. Both of the older Lawson boys were studs at Whitley.