North Laurel looking for a new head coach

Boucher

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just the norm .... Whitaker, ect. Timmy Caldwell. Just kidding about Timmy. Though he does play a mean game of Madden.

One thing about Timmy, he is North Laurel til the end! Unless South Laurel is on a roll, then he will back them too!

I did hear a rumor (and we all what those are worth) that Jep Irwin could be coming back to the London area. If so, would he be a possibility? Just a little food for thought. ;)

Does anyone know if David Hensley would be interested? I know he took the year off from coaching and this job would be closer to home than Dunbar was. However, he may be waiting on the Harlan Co. job when Larkey retires.

I am not sure.

Whomever is the new coach will get some very talented young players. Also, Abbott has done an excellent job in getting the numbers way up between 70-80 players, even while having under .500 seasons.

Why if it is no good and just a gimmick, why mess with it? :confused:

B/c it bends the rules to were their is too much interpretation by the officals and opposing players. Tall Trees I have done enough research to know that in state of Cal it will most likely be called illegal shift in the 09 season. They will have to be set 2 seconds instead of 1 making this offense of no use. I would look for the rest of the country to follow suit.

B/c it bends the rules to were their is too much interpretation by the officals and opposing players. Tall Trees I have done enough research to know that in state of Cal it will most likely be called illegal shift in the 09 season. They will have to be set 2 seconds instead of 1 making this offense of no use. I would look for the rest of the country to follow suit.

Talked to Cal last night and they never said anything about that, but even if they make that change it will not stop the A-11. Most of the officals seem OK with it. The Officals at the game last week said they loved watching it.

Who is going to get this NL job?

How is making the offense be set for an additional second going to change anything...?

Everything with that offense is creating confusion with alignment not allowing the defense to know who the eligible players are. They move into position for 1 second and the ball is snapped not giving the defense time to see how are in fact eligible to receive a pass. If they have to be set for 2 seconds that would give the defense twice the amount of time to diagnose who is eligible and who are simply blockers.

Stepp would not be the answer for NL. I think they will make a good hire. Mr. Black at the high school knows what it takes to be a good successful coach.

That is not the issue with the offense. The offense takes advantage of the scrimage kick formation rules which allows all 11 players to were eligable numbers. In HS football you are ruled eligable but alignment and number. When not in scrimage kick formation you must have 5 players with 50-79. Even if you are not covered up if you have the number 50-79 you can not catch a forward pass. This is why people in other states have considered it disceptive and it has been ruled out (VA I think is the only one I know of past teams that play by NCAA rules). Yes they shift and motion to help create confusion but no more than Trinity and a number of other teams that run "normal" offenses. The whole offense is based on the scrimage kick formation rules.

I am sure this topic (NL coaching position) while get more exciting after the playoffs are over unless NL is in a huge hurry.

You must have 7 on the line. The 2 on the outside are eligible the 5 on the inside are not.

Incorrect. By Fed rules the player is eligible by alignment as you describe but he must also be eligible by the number he wears. You must have 5 players in the game on offense by Fed rules that have an non-eligible number unless you are in a scrimage kick formation. It does not matter what offense you run. Those are the rules. This is why some players are listed with more than 1 number in a program/roster.