Are the three best teams in the NFL all in the same division?

Right now, the NFC East is the beast. I still like the GMen and the Boys over the Skins but Washington isn't too bad, I just don't think Campbell is anywhere close to Eli or Romo when push comes to shove. I wouldn't look past the Steelers, Jags or Indy and SanDiego in the AFC.

The '08 version of the Colts and Chargers are nothing close to the previous years' versions.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The '08 version of the Colts and Chargers are nothing close to the previous years' versions.

They are still both formidable opponents for any team in the league. Indy's defense is still suspect, but today they were the catalyst for the win. Pittsburgh is still the total package in the AFC, solid offense, same old defense, I hate that I said this.

I think the Bills were ready for a letdown game. They had to travel across country, lost their QB and honestly they were the underdog on the Vegas lines going into this game. I think the Cards are one of those teams that could beat anybody if Warner is hot. They go as he goes.

I said before the season my sleepers were Buff, Tenn and Carolina. They all look good right now! I also said I wouldn't be suprised if Washington is better than advertised and even beat the Giants. In fact I had the Divsion Cowboys, Eagles, Skins then Giants. I changed the Skins + Giants after the bad ending to the preseason and first game. I think the jury is still out on the Giants. They haven't played anybody IMO. They look really good but they have played some really bad teams IMO.

Tenn has the defense + run game to win it all IMO.

Give me Campbell any day of the week over Romo....Eli has been extremely impressive thus far though.

:laugh:

Romo is 1 of only 5 players with a passing rating over 100.

He's 3rd in the league in passing yards

He's 3rd in the league in TD's thrown

He's in the top 10 in completion %

Those are all above Campbell...

What flavor Hateorade are you sipping???

Interesting enough, there are two divisions in the NFL where every team is at .500 or better. Neither is the NFC East. The AFC East and the NFC South...and, if New Orleans beats Minnesota, every team in the AFC South will be above .500.

Just a little useless fact.

At this point, I'd have to rank the Giants and Redskins at the top. The Titans might crack the top 10. But, they're just a lucky team that doesn't have to play anybody...not a legitimate contender.

:laugh:

Romo is 1 of only 5 players with a passing rating over 100.

He's 3rd in the league in passing yards

He's 3rd in the league in TD's thrown

He's in the top 10 in completion %

Those are all above Campbell...

What flavor Hateorade are you sipping???

Here's the flavor I'm sipping...TO (not Terrell Owens) with a hint of head-to-head...as in this:

Turnovers

Jason Campbell = 0

Tony Romo = 7 (5 picks and 2 fumbles lost)

Head-to-head (@ Dallas)

Washington - 26

Dallas - 24

You can have your 300 more yards and 4 point higher QB rating...give me a guy who gets the job done without giving the ball away. Pretty amazing, IMO, that Campbell has yet to turn the ball over in any form through 5 weeks. I think we're starting to see the guy who QB'd Auburn as a senior.

And the Steelers got beat by the worst team in the NFC East.:sssh:

Oct 26 in Pittsburgh will tell how solid your G-men are. Hopefully the Steelers will be somewhat more healthy then so maybe they can keep it close.:rolleyes:

I'll take the Oilers over all three of them, as I said. And I'm not sure Baltimore and Pittsburgh aren't better, either. But we'll get to find that out soon enough.

As far as the division itself, I'll grant that it appears to be the best, if only because all four teams are solid, and no other division can make that claim. The gap is just not as big as it first seemed. Again, I keep coming back to the Bengals -- neither the Starboys or Giants could do what they should have done at home and blown out arguably the worst team in the league.

The Bungals are not the worst team in the league.