Olympics-USA...not a good start

MJAlltheWay24

Here, I'll skew this thread in another direction. Read where Tyson Gay says he'll be ready for the 100m dash a week from Friday when prelims start. I sure hope so. I hate it when a non-American wins any of the sprints.

Yeah...this thread is definitely for any Olympic discussion. I didn't mean it to just be soccer, that's just the only info we have had.

Not to mention he's from Lex and that makes it even cooler.

When I was leaving the hospital after my heart surgery this young man came to get me in a wheelchair to take me out to my car. My husband had already left to get the car and bring it around. As we were leaving the room this young man saw this sprint start to take place on TV. He said, "Do you care if we watch this for a few mintues, that's my friend Tyson Gay and I want to see if he wins". Of course, we stayed and watched and Gay won. My husband wasn't quite as thrilled as both of us were, since we were so long coming down he thought something had happened. So I will root for this young man and think of another young man, his friend in Lexington, who is so proud of him.

When I was leaving the hospital after my heart surgery this young man came to get me in a wheelchair to take me out to my car. My husband had already left to get the car and bring it around. As we were leaving the room this young man saw this sprint start to take place on TV. He said, "Do you care if we watch this for a few mintues, that's my friend Tyson Gay and I want to see if he wins". Of course, we stayed and watched and Gay won. My husband wasn't quite as thrilled as both of us were, since we were so long coming down he thought something had happened. So I will root for this young man and think of another young man, his friend in Lexington, who is so proud of him.

:thumb::thumb: I love the olympics and the track and field is my fave, followed by swimming. I can't wait, and I hope the KY boy blows their doors off!

:thumb::thumb: I love the olympics and the track and field is my fave, followed by swimming. I can't wait, and I hope the KY boy blows their doors off!

I love them also and track and field is my favorite also. I also like the swimming. I am excited about this year because even though I don't know this Gay kid from Adam, I think I do because of that kid at the hospital.

I remember how dumbfounded I was when I found out that those gymnasts were so short. Watching them on the rings or the horse they look huge (and I guess that they are considering their height) but I recall an interview with Jim McKay I believe and he was a head taller than the kid he was interviewing. Later I saw that kid in the same shot as the Chinese gymnast and our kid was taller than him. I was a young man then and that memory sticks out vividly in my mind. I love the summer games. When the winter games come around, I'll feel the same about them I suppose.

:thumb:

It amazes me a country can be captivated by baseball (and I love baseball, btw) and it has 10 x the standing around as a soccer match.

That is another debate for another thread, however. This topic can get way off track quickly :D

Marathon runners run for 2+ hours, but I wouldn't want to watch.

I've promised myself that I will attend a World Cup (in a foreign country) in my lifetime.

I was in Korea during the 2002 FIFA world cup it was a big deal to them, but I am like Deuce, just don't care much for it.

I did receive an "Official 2002 FIFA World Cup" coin encased in plastic and in a nice wooden collectors case. What would it be worth and is anyone interested? Just sets around and gathers dust.

I have a nice 2008 Beijing Olympic collectors coin I was givin while I was in China also.

I am encouraged about the men's soccer team and their chances of at least advancing. They picked up a win today and the other two teams in the group tied. If the USA can just get a tie, they'll have a good chance to advance.