X and T Freshmen

Park1221

The Baby Bengals will find out what they're made of when they scrimmage the JV's here in a couple weeks. If they stay within 2 TD's they'll be fine. 4 or more TD's could spell problems.

Getting thrown into the fire against older veterans at this early stage is a monstrous learning experience each year for the freshmen.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Baby Bengals will find out what they're made of when they scrimmage the JV's here in a couple weeks. If they stay within 2 TD's they'll be fine. 4 or more TD's could spell problems.

I think that is a pretty good idea. Sounds like a good assessment tool. And, based on the experience of the past few years it seems to have helped out alot.

St. X will have an excellent team, no matter what anyone says. They will be big and have outstanding running backs and a big, aggressive defense.

Trinity will likewise put a solid team on the field. It will be fun to watch both teams play.

I don't know where you heard the X numbers, but there were 113 out for the freshmen last week. That is a far cry from 60-70. :cool:
113 WOW.

At any given point of the game there will be ten players on the bench for every player on the field.

And yet Glaser complains when a Catholic kid goes to a public school.

Frosh vs. Sophs. => pretty fair acessment... :cool:

I'm sorry --I do not mean to open another can of worms - but in "my world"

JV - equates to those kids who do not see/get Varsity action. So that would be Sophs but also Juniors (and arguably Seniors - altho I am sure that is very very rare). So when I complemented X - I understood that the Fresh. would be pitted against Sophs & Juniors (i.e. older kids who have been in the program for several years) - for that learning experience.

In a preseason scrimmage, I would be very surprised if there were any Juniors in the Frosh vs. VJ scrimmage for the St. X program. I would not expect to see any Sophs. playing on the Frosh team as well. Why play Frosh against Jr.'s? No real gain other than to learn that your are weak and that you could suffer an injury...! I don't think St. X runs a program like that. Good lessons can be learned from the Frosh vs. Sophs. competition. No need to prove anything else.

113 WOW.

At any given point of the game there will be ten players on the bench for every player on the field.

And yet Glaser complains when a Catholic kid goes to a public school.

I do too, but it has nothing to do with football. :p

Edited by STRIKE3
fixed quote

In a preseason scrimmage, I would be very surprised if there were any Juniors in the Frosh vs. VJ scrimmage for the St. X program. I would not expect to see any Sophs. playing on the Frosh team as well. Why play Frosh against Jr.'s? No real gain other than to learn that your are weak and that you could suffer an injury...! I don't think St. X runs a program like that. Good lessons can be learned from the Frosh vs. Sophs. competition. No need to prove anything else.

As long as whatever program St. X is running is good enough for second place, it's OK by me. :thumb:

Supposedly Trinity picked up ten of the better CSAA alumni in this Freshmen class of footballers and they held their own in a scrimmage versus the Trinity JV. No injuries were reported and this Frosh group is as talented as any in recent history according to staff members. The real test will be how well the kids adjust to the educational demands placed on them. Keep in mind, Trinity has no artificial cutoff (i.e. entrance exam score) to keep any child from applying for entry, applying for financial aid, and ultimately enrolling at Trinity.