Homosexual Relationships

What is your view on forms on homosexual unions?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. What is your view on forms on homosexual unions?

• Allow Civil Unions granting all rights that heterosexual couples have
    • Support a nationwide ban all forms of Gay Marriage and civil unions
    • Criminalize homosexual behavior and releationships all together
    • Let the states decide
    • Allow marriage

^ I agree that some may not control if they are gay or not. But in my view, and my church's, if you are an alcoholic, you are always an alcoholic, even if you are sober. If someone comes to Christ and can't control whether or not they are gay, they can control whether or not they practice it.

Alcoholics hurt themselves and others. It is a destructive "weak gene". Homosexuality doenst hurt anyone. It may offend some, but it does not hurt anyone.

Doesnt the Bible also say "Love one another as I have loved you?"

The Bible was not written by Jesus, rather his disciples who were human beings. Like most human beings, how do we know that they did not inject a bit of their own opinions?

The Bible is a vast book that is open to interpretation. I believe most people could find a verse to support most opinions.

As a Catholic, I remember a day when we were told we would go to hell if we ate meat on Friday.

I have known a few homosexual people in my time, some in committed relationships. They are all good people who go to work, pay their taxes, volunteer, etc. Most of their relationships are far healtheir than many married people I know. Why not let them have the legal rights that marriage brings?

In the past, homosexual men and women got married, had children and were miserable (and probably made their spouses miserable) their entire lives. All this to live according to God's will. Doesnt seem right to me.

I believe God put all kinds of people in this world. It is up to us to learn to "Love one another" regardless if they are "like us" or not. That is a true test of God's love.

Does anyone think Jesus would have turned a gay person out of his church? I think Jesus was a lot less judgemental than those who quote the Bible today.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alcoholics hurt themselves and others. It is a destructive "weak gene". Homosexuality doenst hurt anyone. It may offend some, but it does not hurt anyone.

Doesnt the Bible also say "Love one another as I have loved you?"

The Bible was not written by Jesus, rather his disciples who were human beings. Like most human beings, how do we know that they did not inject a bit of their own opinions?

The Bible is a vast book that is open to interpretation. I believe most people could find a verse to support most opinions.

As a Catholic, I remember a day when we were told we would go to hell if we ate meat on Friday.

I have known a few homosexual people in my time, some in committed relationships. They are all good people who go to work, pay their taxes, volunteer, etc. Most of their relationships are far healtheir than many married people I know. Why not let them have the legal rights that marriage brings?

In the past, homosexual men and women got married, had children and were miserable (and probably made their spouses miserable) their entire lives. All this to live according to God's will. Doesnt seem right to me.

I believe God put all kinds of people in this world. It is up to us to learn to "Love one another" regardless if they are "like us" or not. That is a true test of God's love.

I believe strongly that it was inspired by the Holy Spririt. If we start throwing some of it out than what is to stop us from throwing all of the pieces we don't like out. I am going to do my best to follow what it says. Others take a different approach and that is their right.

Also Romans 1 reads pretty clear to me. What is your interpretation of it?

Yes we are supposed to love fellow men and women but we do hate sin and we should love them enought to point out their error in love and encourage them to turn from sin and do what is right. That is love.

^ I agree that some may not control if they are gay or not. But in my view, and my church's, if you are an alcoholic, you are always an alcoholic, even if you are sober. If someone comes to Christ and can't control whether or not they are gay, they can control whether or not they practice it.

Nailed it! :thumb: I know of a few instances like this.

Agree! The bible only codemns the ACTION. As an unmarried guy I may have feelings for a single girl but I must control myself until marriage.

They would have to be willing to give up their lifestyle....there is really no lee way there.

I think what LBBC would also want to know is how you would handle it? Would you approach them to discuss their sins?

Bob Davies is past President of Exodus International and an ex-gay himself..

I don't know Davies so this is not a commentary on him. However, could there be a better "gig" than being an "ex-gay" speaking to the religious right? Seriously. That has to be big time cash.

The Bible also speaks against any kind of sexual act that is unnatural. That includes many ummmm oral activities that legally married heterosexual Christian couples enjoy (not all). They all are sins, punishable by the same Hell.

Agree! The bible only codemns the ACTION. As an unmarried guy I may have feelings for a single girl but I must control myself until marriage.

I am not sure that is true.

Jesus mentioned somewhere that adultery can be what is in the heart as well as the action.

Maybe someone else has more time to get that Scripture, but it is the Scripture about poking out your own eye (not literal) than losing your own life.

Thank you and great post here cwf. :thumb:

Also, as some may seem to think God does not hate gays. God hates the sin of homosexuality and condems it. God loves the sinner but hates the sin.

I personally don't know how many others believe this but I will say that imo ....No one is born gay. I personaly get sick of hearing that. Should others believe it then that is up to them but being "gay" is a choice one makes and "born gay" imo is just another spin to avoid the truth.

How do you know? At what point in your life did you decide you were attracted to girls and not guys? If gay is a choice then wouldn't everyone be attracted to both men and women but have to make that choice? I don't know about you but it was a choice that was made from me naturally. I personally am not attracted to men so I could never be gay.

What I FEEL should happen and what is Constitutionally right are different things.

My beliefs tell me homosexuality is wrong and joining homeosexuals in a Holy Union is an abomination, but the seperation of church and state has to be upheld. The state's should be able to decide based on the best interest of their people.