Homosexual Relationships

What is your view on forms on homosexual unions?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. What is your view on forms on homosexual unions?

• Allow Civil Unions granting all rights that heterosexual couples have
    • Support a nationwide ban all forms of Gay Marriage and civil unions
    • Criminalize homosexual behavior and releationships all together
    • Let the states decide
    • Allow marriage

99.99% of the time I would agree completely with you on this one Hearsay. I'm struggling with 2 things.

1) What happens if a gay couple gets married in a state that allows gay marriage, then moves to a state that doesn't?

- Are they then un-married?

- Or, does the state have to accept them as married?

- Or something inbetween?

2) Marital status affects federal taxes.

- Do the feds treat them as single for fed purposes?

- Or, because the state says they're married, they get marital benifits on their fed taxes.

The federal government is constitutionally empowered to interpret and amend the Full Faith and Credit Clause of Article II. Thus, Congress passed the Defense of Marriage Act that states are not constitutionally REQUIRED to grant Full Faith & Credit to another states marriage, and the federal government is not required to, either. Thus, for instance, the next census will not count gay couples married in California or Massachusetts as married.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bible is God's Word. It is the pillar and ground of truth and the sole authority---a road map for life, so to speak. However, the unregenerate, or those who do not believe or have a personal relationship with Christ, will not see it as such. In fact, they are virtually unable to do so without the quickening of the Holy Spirit. And, for the record, my religion is not just a "religion", it is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ who gave His life so that I might live. There is a vast difference between the two. Hope this answers your question.

Amen and thank you, imo the best post on this thread by far . People can spin things anyway they want but that does not change the truth. God's word is the truth, will not change, is the same today as it was 2000 years ago and there will be no debating with God from anyone ;).

The federal government is constitutionally empowered to interpret and amend the Full Faith and Credit Clause of Article II. Thus, Congress passed the Defense of Marriage Act that states are not constitutionally REQUIRED to grant Full Faith & Credit to another states marriage, and the federal government is not required to, either. Thus, for instance, the next census will not count gay couples married in California or Massachusetts as married.

Thanks Hearsay.

At my church they have taught us to be accepting of those that are not in our church, and more critical of those that are in our church. That said, I believe that gays should be allowed the rights of a civil union. They are not in my church, and therefore it is not for me to be critical of them. Only to be supportful if they need Jesus Christ.

At my church they have taught us to be accepting of those that are not in our church, and more critical of those that are in our church. That said, I believe that gays should be allowed the rights of a civil union. They are not in my church, and therefore it is not for me to be critical of them. Only to be supportful if they need Jesus Christ.

Great point that leads to a very interesting question.

Two gay gentleman join your church.

According to the bolded and Scripturally it appears that God does not condone homosexual lifestyles, what do you do????

They are members of your church and according to the bolded you are to be more critical of them now.

And it appears God does not condone their lifestyle?

(I feel like a commercial now) What do you do?

The Bible is God's Word. It is the pillar and ground of truth and the sole authority---a road map for life, so to speak. However, the unregenerate, or those who do not believe or have a personal relationship with Christ, will not see it as such. In fact, they are virtually unable to do so without the quickening of the Holy Spirit. And, for the record, my religion is not just a "religion", it is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ who gave His life so that I might live. There is a vast difference between the two. Hope this answers your question.

You still didn't bring any logical reason why your religion or whatever you want to call it(In an affair with Jesus), has the right to subvert and apply itself to everyone else. I dare say the:

Sikhs

Buddhists

Muslims

Taoists

Jews

Hindu

Just to name a few

would have something to say about it...

Great point that leads to a very interesting question.

Two gay gentleman join your church.

According to the bolded and Scripturally it appears that God does not condone homosexual lifestyles, what do you do????

They are members of your church and according to the bolded you are to be more critical of them now.

And it appears God does not condone their lifestyle?

(I feel like a commercial now) What do you do?

They would have to be willing to give up their lifestyle....there is really no lee way there.

They would have to be willing to give up their lifestyle....there is really no lee way there.

I would support your stance through both posts.:thumb:

Love them unconditionally and when they join Christ's church, challenge them to rid the sin in their life while still loving them. And that is NOT just the homosexual lifestyle.

Leviticus also says that swine, rabbits, shellfish, and camels are not be eaten and are an abomination. But I still dig on pork and shellfish.

Leviticus is in the OT which also demanded not working on the Sabboth (Saturday) and animal sacrifice. Christians are now to live under the NT.

Leviticus 18:22 (King James Version)

-Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Leviticus also says that swine, rabbits, shellfish, and camels are not be eaten and are an abomination. But I still dig on pork and shellfish.

Leviticus is in the OT which also demanded not working on the Sabboth (Saturday) and animal sacrifice. Christians are now to live under the NT.

:sssh:

coldweatherfan, thoughts?

The questions is whether it is a lifestyle or a genetic trait. If it is a Genetic trait, and we presuppose that your God exists;why would he make some people biologically unable to attain salvation?

IMO, Gay people can stop being gay as much as African Americans can stop being black.

^ I agree that some may not control if they are gay or not. But in my view, and my church's, if you are an alcoholic, you are always an alcoholic, even if you are sober. If someone comes to Christ and can't control whether or not they are gay, they can control whether or not they practice it.

^ I agree that some may not control if they are gay or not. But in my view, and my church's, if you are an alcoholic, you are always an alcoholic, even if you are sober. If someone comes to Christ and can't control whether or not they are gay, they can control whether or not they practice it.

Amen to that!:thumb: