Homosexual Relationships

What is your view on forms on homosexual unions?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. What is your view on forms on homosexual unions?

• Allow Civil Unions granting all rights that heterosexual couples have
    • Support a nationwide ban all forms of Gay Marriage and civil unions
    • Criminalize homosexual behavior and releationships all together
    • Let the states decide
    • Allow marriage

IF they were a member of my church yes. If not, i would love them unconditionally.

Interesting. You are in the the minority on that one.

However, when the conversation turns into a "your sins vs their sins" competition, what becomes of it?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure that is true.

Jesus mentioned somewhere that adultery can be what is in the heart as well as the action.

Maybe someone else has more time to get that Scripture, but it is the Scripture about poking out your own eye (not literal) than losing your own life.

Here's the thing...if someone is gay, and really, really doesn't want to be gay, and does their very best not to practice, all the while they have accepted Jesus Christ, I am cool with that. There are times that a "weird" thought will pop in my head. I can't control that. I can only ask for forgiveness after the thought, and really mean it.

Interesting. You are in the the minority on that one.

However, when the conversation turns into a "your sins vs their sins" competition, what becomes of it?

In my opinion, my sins and their sins are equal, being gay is no worse than another sin to me. We are both striving for the end result.

In my opinion, my sins and their sins are equal, being gay is no worse than another sin to me. We are both striving for the end result.

So you'd be OK with them coming up to you to discuss your sins?

I would support your stance through both posts.:thumb:

Love them unconditionally and when they join Christ's church, challenge them to rid the sin in their life while still loving them. And that is NOT just the homosexual lifestyle.

WOW WOW WOW - Jesus says that all you have to do is believe in me to go to heaven but you have put new rules on joining the church!!!

Are you going to kick out all of the greedy people who continue to amass money???? Are you going to kick out all of the fat people who got that way b/c of their gluttony???? Are you going to kick out all of the liars???

All sinners can attend your church but the gay ones - amazing. I hope and pray that my church is NEVER this way.

Here's the thing...if someone is gay, and really, really doesn't want to be gay, and does their very best not to practice, all the while they have accepted Jesus Christ, I am cool with that. There are times that a "weird" thought will pop in my head. I can't control that. I can only ask for forgiveness after the thought, and really mean it.

:thumb:

WOW WOW WOW - Jesus says that all you have to do is believe in me to go to heaven but you have put new rules on joining the church!!!

Are you going to kick out all of the greedy people who continue to amass money???? Are you going to kick out all of the fat people who got that way b/c of their gluttony???? Are you going to kick out all of the liars???

All sinners can attend your church but the gay ones - amazing. I hope and pray that my church is NEVER this way.

Please show me where I put new rules on joining the church?

And where did I say anyone would be kicked?

Here is one of the issues that this mindset has. You put what you WANT me to have said onto what I have said. Please quit labeling me the way YOU EXPECT me to be rather than what I have actually said.

I would love unbelievers unconditionally. That is pretty clear.

I would challenge ALL MEMBERS of the CHURCH to try and rid their life of SIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure how it can be any clearer for you and NEVER says any of the charges you make in your post.

Question ACE. Is sin of no concern at your church? You make it sound like I can go out and continually commit sin after sin after sin and that is hunky dory.

I have said that I would challenge believers to rid their life of sin. You have implied that sin is of no importance to how we live our life today. With the mindset you have IMPLIED here you would have no problem with the gluttonous (we prefer bigboned), the greedy, the arrogant. You would never challenge them to change their lives of sin. Or would you challenge them to change their sins while not challenging the more socially accepted sins to continue on.

Please show me where I put new rules on joining the church?

And where did I say anyone would be kicked?

Here is one of the issues that this mindset has. You put what you WANT me to have said onto what I have said. Please quit labeling me the way YOU EXPECT me to be rather than what I have actually said.

I would love unbelievers unconditionally. That is pretty clear.

I would challenge ALL MEMBERS of the CHURCH to try and rid their life of SIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure how it can be any clearer for you and NEVER says any of the charges you make in your post.

Question ACE. Is sin of no concern at your church? You make it sound like I can go out and continually commit sin after sin after sin and that is hunky dory.

I have said that I would challenge believers to rid their life of sin. You have implied that sin is of no importance to how we live our life today. With the mindset you have IMPLIED here you would have no problem with the gluttonous (we prefer bigboned), the greedy, the arrogant. You would never challenge them to change their lives of sin. Or would you challenge them to change their sins while not challenging the more socially accepted sins to continue on.

We apparently are now even. I never "implied" that sin is of no consequence. You "inferred" that from my statement. You are right, no where did you mention that you would kick anyone out, however, if your church practices approaching people who are "living in sin" what do you do if they don't think they are?? What are the natural consequences?

I would also assume that your committee simply makes its rounds of the church members and discusses with each of them their particular sin - is that the case? If not, why would they choose some to "approach" and not others, or does it imply that there are some who are not sinning???

I think sin does have consequences, MY sin. I am sure that YOUR sin has consequences to you and I will let you work that out with God, I am too busy trying to work mine out.

I also think that corporate sin has consequences as well. I think if I allow the gov't or the economy through its system to oppress anyone by preventing them from earning a LIVING wage or having access to healthcare/insurance then it is MY sin and I will work against it. However, until I live the perfect life I will not approach anyone about their sin unless I have already established a strong and loving relationship with them and I see that their actions are hurting themselves, or their family. But my approach will be in showing the natural consequences of their acts, and not the fact that if they don't stop they are going to hell, or that I will act differently toward them at church. If they are sinning they need church to be a loving place where they can come closer to God and God can convict them of their sins.

We apparently are now even. I never "implied" that sin is of no consequence. You "inferred" that from my statement. You are right, no where did you mention that you would kick anyone out, however, if your church practices approaching people who are "living in sin" what do you do if they don't think they are?? What are the natural consequences?

I would also assume that your committee simply makes its rounds of the church members and discusses with each of them their particular sin - is that the case? If not, why would they choose some to "approach" and not others, or does it imply that there are some who are not sinning???

I think sin does have consequences, MY sin. I am sure that YOUR sin has consequences to you and I will let you work that out with God, I am too busy trying to work mine out.

I also think that corporate sin has consequences as well. I think if I allow the gov't or the economy through its system to oppress anyone by preventing them from earning a LIVING wage or having access to healthcare/insurance then it is MY sin and I will work against it. However, until I live the perfect life I will not approach anyone about their sin unless I have already established a strong and loving relationship with them and I see that their actions are hurting themselves, or their family. But my approach will be in showing the natural consequences of their acts, and not the fact that if they don't stop they are going to hell, or that I will act differently toward them at church. If they are sinning they need church to be a loving place where they can come closer to God and God can convict them of their sins.

On the bolded, when you assume there are things that happen.

There is no committee and contrary to you wanting a bunch of church marms to run around yelling sinner, sinner, sinner at people that does not happen. You are watching too much crap out of Hollywood.

The challenging goes on the same way it would at schools. I am hoping that you have no problem with teaching as a way of learning and challenging people.

Sermons, bible studies, Sunday school lessons, ALL FIRMLY GROUNDED IN SCRIPTURE....let me repeat that........ALL FIRMLY GROUNDED IN SCRIPTURE are the ways to challenge people.

On the italics, if I have never opened a Bible, I attend your church, and you are unwilling to help me learn what is sinful and what is not, how would I ever learn what I should try to strike from my life. Have you ever thought that YOU are the vehicle that God is trying to use to teach me how to live a better life but you are unwilling to do YOUR job because you are afraid of hurting my feelings through pointing out the sin in my life? God is trying to use you and me and HHSDAD and Rockmom and the posters on here. Some answer the call, some don't.

On the underlined, please educate me where in Scripture that Jesus called out the government of his time for these things.

Also, which is worse, taking one's life in form of abortion or denying healthcare or living wage?