Homosexual Relationships

What is your view on forms on homosexual unions?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. What is your view on forms on homosexual unions?

• Allow Civil Unions granting all rights that heterosexual couples have
    • Support a nationwide ban all forms of Gay Marriage and civil unions
    • Criminalize homosexual behavior and releationships all together
    • Let the states decide
    • Allow marriage

What gets me are the people that are against homosexuality per the Bible, but that have/do/condone adultry. Did God mispeak about that in the Bible?

You're going to have to find someone who have/do/condones adultry and ask them. I do know a few who commit adultery, but even they usually sneak around because they know it's wrong. Besides, would that make it right?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're going to have to find someone who have/do/condones adultry and ask them. I do know a few who commit adultery, but even they usually sneak around because they know it's wrong. Besides, would that make it right?

If you only know a few people that commit adultry, that is wonderful. In my area, few people are virgins when they marry and many marry multiples times. The first is a definite instance of adultry, while some religions debate the second one.

However, I think it goes to the "let he who has not sinned cast the first stone" in the instance of homosexuality. Additionally, I think there is a difference between believing it is wrong, condoning it and not judging.

If people don't believe that the bible is God's word then I can see why they would not want to interfere with homosexual unions. What gets me (and the peopel I am speaking to) is people who do believe in the bible but still support homosexual unions. Did God mispeak in the bible?

Finally someone understands me!

In my area, few people are virgins when they marry and many marry multiples times. The first is a definite instance of adultry, while some religions debate the second one.

Unless you are saying these non-virgins got that way with married partners, I don't agree that they are committing adultery.

If you only know a few people that commit adultry, that is wonderful. In my area, few people are virgins when they marry and many marry multiples times.

You're not judging, are you? :p

Seriously, how would I know which are committing adultery? (I define it as sex outside of marriage.)

You're not judging, are you? :p

Seriously, how would I know which are committing adultery? (I define it as sex outside of marriage.)

I think the observation can be made without a judgement, though in my case I am certainly calling those people out. I don't think it is right to hold the Bible up against homosexuality and then condone adultery or pre-marital sex.

How do I know? Well...hmmm...as a high school teacher, some things become all too evident and common knowledge. I'll leave it at that, other then saying that when anonymous surveys are conducted, it shows that by the time kids graduate, more then half of them report being sexually active. Almost none of them (in my school) are married and the ones that are show evidence (i.e., child) of having been sexually active before that.

As far as adults, I know a great many that live together or did so before they married. Granted, I am assuming that they do not have separate bedrooms. :D

Fornication is sex among single unmarrieds and adultery is sex with a married person that is not your spouse. These sins, as well as homosexuality, are equally wrong. They all are sin according to God's Word. However, homosexuality is an abomination. Not my words, these come directly from the Word of God.

Fornication is sex among single unmarrieds and adultery is sex with a married person that is not your spouse. These sins, as well as homosexuality, are equally wrong. They all are sin according to God's Word. However, homosexuality is an abomination. Not my words, these come directly from the Word of God.

Both are sins, right? Do you go to a worse part of Hell for an abomination then for a regular sin?

Leviticus 18:22 (King James Version)

-Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Leviticus also says that swine, rabbits, shellfish, and camels are not be eaten and are an abomination. But I still dig on pork and shellfish.

Can I ask you a question IM4THEHOUNDS, you voted in the poll to ban all forms of civil unions and marriage. Why do you think your religion should be the guiding moral force for an entire diverse nation?

I am confused by this statement.

If there is a genetic predisposition to homosexuality, I don't believe that makes it right. There is an argument that there is a predisposition to murder- a "murder" gene"- does it make it right?

If there is a genetic predisposition to homosexuality, I don't believe that makes it right. There is an argument that there is a predisposition to murder- a "murder" gene"- does it make it right?

Murder infringes on the basic rights of another person and it makes no sense to compare the two.

Murder infringes on the basic rights of another person and it makes no sense to compare the two.

That is a seperate argument, but what I am saying is even if there is a "genetic predisposition" to something, it does not make it right.

Can I ask you a question IM4THEHOUNDS, you voted in the poll to ban all forms of civil unions and marriage. Why do you think your religion should be the guiding moral force for an entire diverse nation?

The Bible is God's Word. It is the pillar and ground of truth and the sole authority---a road map for life, so to speak. However, the unregenerate, or those who do not believe or have a personal relationship with Christ, will not see it as such. In fact, they are virtually unable to do so without the quickening of the Holy Spirit. And, for the record, my religion is not just a "religion", it is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ who gave His life so that I might live. There is a vast difference between the two. Hope this answers your question.