Homosexual Relationships

What is your view on forms on homosexual unions?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. What is your view on forms on homosexual unions?

• Allow Civil Unions granting all rights that heterosexual couples have
    • Support a nationwide ban all forms of Gay Marriage and civil unions
    • Criminalize homosexual behavior and releationships all together
    • Let the states decide
    • Allow marriage

I don't believe that homosexuality is genetic, but even if it is, that doesn't make it right or the best option.

We had an extensive thread on this a while back.

I just find it hard to believe that people choose to alienate themselves from friends and family if they really aren't gay. Some people obvioulsly don't care about others, but you'd be hard pressed to convinve me that most of these people continue to lie to their families b/c of a choice.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just find it hard to believe that people choose to alienate themselves from friends and family if they really aren't gay. Some people obvioulsly don't care about others, but you'd be hard pressed to convinve me that most of these people continue to lie to their families b/c of a choice.

I don't see it as a lie, but as an (unfortunate, IMO) symptom of what is environmental factors. I am not ruling out some type of genetic predisposition (although I am inclined to not believe that, either), but even if it is, it still doesn't not make it right.

Not sure about the bolded. We can call ourselves anything we want but it doesn't necessarily mean it's true. Historically speaking the Founding Father's must have not seen a need to state this. It didn't appear on money until the Civil War and it was never adopted as the Motto of the Nation until 1954 (almost 180 years after the Declaration). Was it a true statement prior to 1954?

This has been a true statement since the beginning of time and from the day this great country came to be. Like I said, should some choose not to accept or believe it does not change the fact.

NO to homosexual marriage, unions, and relationships period.

:thumb: Well said, short and to the point.....I agree with an absolute NO to any of it.

Any kind of government sanctioned relationship. In other words, the government, by making laws, condones this as an acceptable lifestyle.
:thumb:

I have several views on this subject...and they are all "Biblical".

:thumb: and I might add that there is absolutely nothing in the Bible that codones this activity. As matter of fact, the Holy Bible clearly states the opposite.

:thumb: Well said, short and to the point.....I agree with an absolute NO to any of it.

:thumb:

:thumb: and I might add that there is absolutely nothing in the Bible that codones this activity. As matter of fact, the Holy Bible clearly states the opposite.

Not everyone in America follows your "Holy" Bible.

And not everyone in America has your anything goes attitude either.

I dont have an anything goes attitude! Believe it or not, I have actually have morals that I believe in pretty fiercely. I just dont believe on forcing a viewpoint of a group of people onto everyone else;especially a religious viewpoint!

If people don't believe that the bible is God's word then I can see why they would not want to interfere with homosexual unions. What gets me (and the peopel I am speaking to) is people who do believe in the bible but still support homosexual unions. Did God mispeak in the bible?

I don't see it as a lie, but as an (unfortunate, IMO) symptom of what is environmental factors. I am not ruling out some type of genetic predisposition (although I am inclined to not believe that, either), but even if it is, it still doesn't not make it right.

I am confused by this statement.

Look at this part of the Constitution:

Article. IV. - The States

Section 1 - Each State to Honor all others

Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State. And the Congress may by general Laws prescribe the Manner in which such Acts, Records and Proceedings shall be proved, and the Effect thereof.

Could this mean that if one state allows gay marraige/civil unions, and moves to another, that the second state must recognize that marraige/union in the second state? Think about it.

I had not voted yet as I am stuck between ban on marriage and let states decide. I am a huge proponent of States Rights, but in this case if only one state allowed it, then that states populace could force their will on all other states, because if I am interpereting this correctly, a marriage in one state would be binding in others.

If people don't believe that the bible is God's word then I can see why they would not want to interfere with homosexual unions. What gets me (and the peopel I am speaking to) is people who do believe in the bible but still support homosexual unions. Did God mispeak in the bible?

Where in the bible is this? I am asking because I truly do not know.

What gets me are the people that are against homosexuality per the Bible, but that have/do/condone adultry. Did God mispeak about that in the Bible?

What gets me are the people that are against homosexuality per the Bible, but that have/do/condone adultry. Did God mispeak about that in the Bible?

Agree. Adultery is a sin also. I don't know why people practice it. 1 John warns us to watch out for the lust of the eye, the lust of the flesh and the pride of life. While no one is perfect in all things, save Christ, we need to do our best to abstain from evil.