Barry Bonds: Collusion?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because Bonds is that jerk, drama queen, AND steroid guy; I'm fine with it.

McGwire, Sosa, and anyone else that had any success, not named Griffey or Maddux is part of the steroid era. I don't believe that leads to MLB owners colluding against you. Being a jerk, drama queen, steroid guy and horrible teammate does...

Playing devils adocate here, is that proper justification (other than personal dislike which most of us have) to deny him any access at all in to MLB? If he sucked, that is one thing to keep him off the roster. MLB is currently filled with guys that are jerks, drama queens, and "former" steroid users.

Is he a jerk and a steroid user? Yes

Can he still play the game and hit home runs? Yes

That's an opinion and nowhere near a fact. He hasn't played in over a year, how do you know 100% he is still a force and can hit like he did before? If you like Bonds that's fine but take off the blinders and see it for what it is. Teams don't have to sign players if they don't want too and shouldn't be forced too, Bonds wasn't signed and I strongly believe that he is done, he can't play anymore. He's a year older, knees are a year worse, and he hasn't faced live pitching in forever.

That's an opinion and nowhere near a fact. He hasn't played in over a year, how do you know 100% he is still a force and can hit like he did before? If you like Bonds that's fine but take off the blinders and see it for what it is. Teams don't have to sign players if they don't want too and shouldn't be forced too, Bonds wasn't signed and I strongly believe that he is done, he can't play anymore. He's a year older, knees are a year worse, and he hasn't faced live pitching in forever.

It has been a year since he has played because no team signed him, not because he cannot play. He was solid in his action last season, and he was under more scrutiny and pressure than anyone.

While I know what you are saying in that "teams don't have to sign players," the protection by the most powerful union in the world disagrees with you. That is not the way pro sports work.

It has been a year since he has played because no team signed him, not because he cannot play. He was solid in his action last season, and he was under more scrutiny and pressure than anyone.

While I know what you are saying in that "teams don't have to sign players," the protection by the most powerful union in the world disagrees with you. That is not the way pro sports work.

I understand that's how the union is but it's stupid. I just don't agree with it.

Opinion or not, Bonds at 50 could hit better than many of the DH's in the American League. He didn't get signed because of "other" reasons. It had NOTHING to do with his playing ability.