Barry Bonds: Collusion?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All he will do is bring bad publicity to any club and be a pain in the clubhouse.

I'm with ya, but the guy is a presence in any lineup and is practically begging ANYONE to sign him.

His agent has said that he'll play for the league minimum. The Reds could have him coming off of the bench, but instead we have 3 catchers (1 of which may or may not be a 1st baseman / 3rd baseman). :lol:

I'm with ya, but the guy is a presence in any lineup and is practically begging ANYONE to sign him.

His agent has said that he'll play for the league minimum. The Reds could have him coming off of the bench, but instead we have 3 catchers (1 of which may or may not be a 1st baseman / 3rd baseman). :lol:

He would be a great addition to any team in the bigs. But most GM's probably don't think its worth it to put up with Barry, for even half a season.

Bonds would generate ticket sales and given the right amount of prep work, be a formidable force in any lineup. Considering how long he's been away from the game now, it wouldn't be feasible until the '09 season.

That is a long layoff and continues, to add on another year to him. Combine the media circus, he would cause and the probable distractions, make him a no touch option.

One of best MLB players of our time, who had a less than stellar image and in recent times, became tarnished. Bonds is gone from the game but he may yet still, be making headlines soon.

Bonds would generate ticket sales and given the right amount of prep work, be a formidable force in any lineup. Considering how long he's been away from the game now, it wouldn't be feasible until the '09 season.

That is a long layoff and continues, to add on another year to him. Combine the media circus, he would cause and the probable distractions, make him a no touch option.

One of best MLB players of our time, who had a less than stellar image and in recent times, became tarnished. Bonds is gone from the game but he may yet still, be making headlines soon.

I'd agree that Bonds is done, but I am interested to hear others' opinions. Obviously the man can hit and he has been begging teams' to sign him (for very little $$$).

I'm just surprised that nobody has taken a chance on him....I love it though.

I'd agree that Bonds is done, but I am interested to hear others' opinions. Obviously the man can hit and he has been begging teams' to sign him (for very little $$$).

I'm just surprised that nobody has taken a chance on him....I love it though.

I believe if the legal issues, had been completed around spring training or later, someone would have taken a chance, if no long term penalty was issued.

The not knowing, is enough to keep the GM's at a distance.

instead we have 3 catchers (1 of which may or may not be a 1st baseman / 3rd baseman). :lol:

We have 3 catchers (at least that what they are listed as:irked:), We (Reds) imo need a quality catcher BAD! That would be one of my priorities for a trade.

As fr Bonds, I agree with others in that yes, he could help a major league roster but imo the GM's don't want the circus that would go along with it.

I believe if the legal issues, had been completed around spring training or later, someone would have taken a chance, if no long term penalty was issued.

His court date is set for 2009, so that's not even an issue for this year. I personally can't believe no one has picked him up or even seems interested in doing so. I have to think there is some type of agreement against it.

I don't see how anyone could say Bonds would be a "force" in the lineup..How do you know, he wasn't in anyone's spring training, he worked out at home, and he hasn't played since last season. He's a distraction.

How do we know Bonds would be a "force" in the lineup?

Take a look at this:

.298 AVG, 514 Stolen Bases (although he's no longer a threat to steal), 2558 walks, 1996 RBI and 762 home runs for his career. That's how we know he'd be a "force" in the lineup.

He won't appear in court until March of 2009, so the legal issues won't affect his ability to be at the ballpark (for the 2008 season).

• 3 months later...