Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Official: Jasper leaving UK

Featured Replies

I can't believe everyone is so easy on this guy. I would say he is bailing out on his teammates. I don't buy the homesick buisness either, he is in his 20's he should be a man by now. I don't root for anyone that just up and leaves UK for no good reason. JMO.

The basketball program at University of Kentucky is not the same situation that Derrick Jaspar bought into. He was recruited by Tubby Smith and might have had a problem when Tubby left. This happens often in today's college basketball climate.

 

It is a change situation......not the one this young man assumed would be after he put his signature on the line. The situation changed and he changed his choice.....no big deal, move on.

  • Replies 57
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck to DJ. I would have liked to have seen him finish his career as a Cat but it didn't work out.

 

Remember, he was a Tubby recruit and I can't say 100% BG would have recruited him but he was UK caliber. UK fans shouldn't be freaking out. As long as Liggins qualifies and with already have Miller and Galloway, we are gonna be fine at that guard slot.

 

Good luck DJ!

Is it UNLV? I know he has a former AAU back court teammate headed there.

The best is yet to come from Jasper,whoever gets him will have a special player to lead their team,the best to him.

Good Luck to Jasper who seems like a great Kid...

 

When I was 25 I moved 800 miles from home and I was real home sick...Not just missing family,but missing the area and my friends...I moved back home in 3 months...:thumb:

Is it UNLV? I know he has a former AAU back court teammate headed there.

 

 

I heard it was UNLV. Also heard that his girlfriend was a dance cat at UK. She is now dancing in Vegas and will be going to UNLV.

Women :irked:

 

 

 

:lol:

I heard it was UNLV. Also heard that his girlfriend was a dance cat at UK. She is now dancing in Vegas and will be going to UNLV.

Well,that answers a lot of questions right there. So much for the homesick/closer to the family reasons. I would venture to say if the girlfriend were now dancing in South Florida and attending Miami that Jasper would be enrolling there too.

Love is a powerful thing.:D

I can't believe everyone is so easy on this guy. I would say he is bailing out on his teammates. I don't buy the homesick buisness either, he is in his 20's he should be a man by now. I don't root for anyone that just up and leaves UK for no good reason. JMO.

 

I was once in my early 20's and went off for college. I was homesick but I was able to get through it. But my family was able to come see me play on a regular basis which helped.

 

I don't think I can be too hard on him if he is doing it to be closer to his family. He can get a good education (which is the important thing) closer to home while still playing basketball.

  • Author

There is more to it than just the homesickness and girlfriend issues, and no it doesn't have anything to do with his relationship with BCG either.

Something he will have to battle even if he gets closer to home, and it is not any sort of substance abuse.

Good Luck to Jasper who seems like a great Kid...

 

When I was 25 I moved 800 miles from home and I was real home sick...Not just missing family,but missing the area and my friends...I moved back home in 3 months...:thumb:

 

 

By the way, how has that shock probation worked out for you?:lol:

There is more to it than just the homesickness and girlfriend issues, and no it doesn't have anything to do with his relationship with BCG either.

Something he will have to battle even if he gets closer to home, and it is not any sort of substance abuse.

 

 

 

If you know, what is it?

By the way, how has that shock probation worked out for you?:lol:

 

That was nineteen years ago...but I kissed the ground as soon as I got back to my Old Kentucky Home...:D

For some of us there's no place like home. I can completely understand his wanting to be closer to home , or at least close enough to go home for the weekend . I never had any desire to be any other place, and I have been to a lot of "major" cities. I also passed up on a few jobs that would have increased my pay by plenty, because it would have required moving to one of those sewers. There's more to life than fame and fortune.:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.