June 2, 200818 yr Would you be just as bitter to someone who left their teammates from another school to transfer to UK??? Of course not, unless it was North Carolina.
June 2, 200818 yr Comparing a soldier in Iraq to a guy at one of the top universities in the country is ridiculous. Yeah if I was in another country with people shooting at me I would probably want to come home as well, but Jasper is at UK far from being a soldier in Iraq. I know things change and people want to leave colleges but to me when you commit to a college for four years then you should honor it. I'm not rooting against this kid to succeed, I hope he does well where ever he goes, I'm just bitter that he left his teammates hanging, but oh well no use crying over spilled milk maybe they will get someone to replace him that can actually score.[/QUOTE] So your bitter that he's leaving, but it sounds like he's no good anyway. I'm confused.:confused: I don't think I said he was no good, he just has no offense. He was a good ball handler, defender, rebounder, and passer just couldn't throw it in the ocean.
June 4, 200818 yr Its unfortunate that he is leaving, but from what I read several weeks ago was that he was going to probably have to sit out a year, which he wasn't really against because it would help his knee get back to 100%. I am going to miss Jasper, I was a big fan of his and hoped that he wouldn't have gone through that injury. It was definitely nice to see his jumped shot coming around this year too.
June 4, 200818 yr If you know, what is it? There are some things that should just be kept private, and my guess is this is one of them.
June 4, 200818 yr I can't believe everyone is so easy on this guy. I would say he is bailing out on his teammates. I don't buy the homesick buisness either, he is in his 20's he should be a man by now. I don't root for anyone that just up and leaves UK for no good reason. JMO. It's uninformed posts like these that make me embarrassed to be a UK fan. You have no idea what the real issues are.
June 4, 200818 yr It's uninformed posts like these that make me embarrassed to be a UK fan. You have no idea what the real issues are. It continues to be alluded to that DJ had a "real" reason for leaving. I know LABS mentioned it. What is it, exactly? It probably isn't my business, but I'm a nosy UK fan.
June 4, 200818 yr It's uninformed posts like these that make me embarrassed to be a UK fan. You have no idea what the real issues are. He won't even answer to these responses.
June 5, 200818 yr It's uninformed posts like these that make me embarrassed to be a UK fan. You have no idea what the real issues are.[/QUOTE] If you are more informed then please share it with us! It's been stated on here numerous times that his reason for leaving is he's homesick so there are a lot of us that must be uninformed.
June 5, 200818 yr The stinky part of this whole situation is this; where ever Jasper goes, he has to sit out a year. Did the coach that recruited him have to sit out a year? NO.........I wish Jasper well, where ever he ends up, but I think it sucks that he has to set out a year while Tubby went on getting his millions with no break. (That is not a knock on Tubby, but it is one on the NCAA). National Cash Association (earned by) Athletes.
June 5, 200818 yr It's uninformed posts like these that make me embarrassed to be a UK fan. You have no idea what the real issues are.[/QUOTE] If you are more informed then please share it with us! It's been stated on here numerous times that his reason for leaving is he's homesick so there are a lot of us that must be uninformed. Actually it's been stated numerous times that that is just one of the issues for him leaving, not the only reason.
June 6, 200818 yr I don't think I said he was no good, he just has no offense. He was a good ball handler, defender, rebounder, and passer just couldn't throw it in the ocean. Well that really isn't true. He was a career 52% shooter and knocked down 42% from beyond the arc last year. He was a selective shooter who if given another year could have been very special. I wish him all the best where ever he goes. He could definatly develop into an NBA type of player.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.