8. Jim Grobe (Wake Forest)

7. Frank Beamer (Virginia Tech)

6. Mark Richt (Georgia)

5. Bob Stoops (Oklahoma)

4. Les Miles (LSU)

3. Urban Meyer (Florida)

2. Jim Tressel (Ohio State)

1. Pete Carroll (Southern California)

What say you? Good list? Glaring omissions *Steve Spurrier, cough, cough*?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Bobby Petrino back in college, you have to think he belongs on this list ahead of Jim Grobe.

I think a better question would be, why is Jim Grobe even on the list? Because he won a terrible ACC a couple years ago? Granted it was a wonderful season, but come on now.

If they were trying to be clever and select an "up and coming" type coach, they should have listed Greg Schiano, if anyone.

I think a better question would be, why is Jim Grobe even on the list? Because he won a terrible ACC a couple years ago? Granted it was a wonderful season, but come on now.

If they were trying to be clever and select an "up and coming" type coach, they should have listed Greg Schiano, if anyone.

:thumb:

I agree...Grobe was a real surprise.

Names not mentioned...

Spurrier (should be on that list, IMO)

Rich Rodriguez

Schiano (as you said)

Petrino

Jeff Tedford

Jim Leavitt (just as deserving as Grobe, IMO, for what he's done at USF)

Anyway, I understand Petrino being left off. Had he stayed at U of L, he'd definitely be on there I think. Spurrier is the name I can't believe got left off...

Jim Grobe? Are you kidding me?

Jim Grobe is very good. This guy has won at Wake which is not a football school and he deals with a very tough admission policy. I actually wanted him at Michigan before Rodriguez was available. I also think Rodriguez should have been a top 5 choice on the list. Before he arrived in Morgantown they were the second best football school in the state of West Virginia.

Doing a "top ten" is hard. Grobe gets it just because Wake is not a "football factory".

Darth Visor gets it as does the orange coach.

Coach Saban's trip to the pros delays his chance, but we feel really good about our future. He does have a Title though.

Petrino should also be there, and like I said this is hard.