May 5, 200818 yr Judge sends Mackey to jail today for contempt of court for 60 days. He was supposed to stay in school in Cincinnati until graduation. He apparently did that until Spring Break and then stopped going and returned home. Judge told him that he was disappointed and alarmed because Mackey didn't seem to be taking his problems very seriously.
May 5, 200818 yr Maybe Bud thought he would be given a diploma the day after the basketball season ended.
May 5, 200818 yr Not sure of his home situation, but curious as to why his guardian would allow him to stop going to school?
May 5, 200818 yr Not sure of his home situation, but curious as to why his guardian would allow him to stop going to school? He's 18 guardian doesnt matter to school anymore!
May 5, 200818 yr It bothers me when talent like that is wasted. This maybe an eye-opening event for him that will force him to straighten up and cause reality to set in with him.
May 5, 200818 yr Maybe Bud will finally wake up and realize that this is more than a "little incident". There are no "modifications" to bail him out and make him less accountable for his actions now - the educational system loop holes don't apply here.
May 6, 200818 yr Sad story. I hate to see a young man waste such potential. Hopefully he will turn his life around. Time will tell.
May 13, 200818 yr I wonder if He had been hanging out with some of the Bengal players at last years preseason camp in Gerorgetown?:creepy:
May 18, 200818 yr Article from the Lexington Hearld yesterday. Mackey: 'I let them all down' FORMER SCOTT COUNTY BASKETBALL STAR REFLECTS ON FALL Bud Mackey
May 18, 200818 yr "While at the jail, Mackey has been working toward obtaining a GED. He also plans to continue on to college and play basketball. He wants to attend UK, because it's close to home, he said". Interesting.... I really hope Mackey (or any kid in his situation) gets a second chance. I just don't know how I feel about that second chance coming from UK.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.