Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Derrick Jasper looking to transfer?

Featured Replies

Too bad for the kid, but Kentucky wasn't winning a NC or making it to the FF with him at the point.

  • Replies 191
  • Views 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok, let me rephrase then. If Jasper leaves, I don't see how the remaining team makes the tournament next year.

Are we talking about a different UK team where Jasper averages 20 a game?

Are we talking about a different UK team where Jasper averages 20 a game?

 

Lol. I was wondering the same thing. Like I said, he is valuable...but 5 points and 3 rebounds from a defensive liability is somewhat replaceable.

I think we're talking about a UK team that will see Michael Porter in the mix for a starting job.

With all of the transfer talk, where is he supposedly going?

I would hurt UK but not as much as some of you think. Porter isn't going to contend for a starting job. He is terrible.

With all of the transfer talk, where is he supposedly going?

 

I was wondering the same thing.

Lol. I was wondering the same thing. Like I said, he is valuable...but 5 points and 3 rebounds from a defensive liability is somewhat replaceable.

 

He would have to of put up better numbers than that for the team to even be 500 next year. If this is indeed true you only have 3 for sure starters in Patterson, Meeks, and Stevenson(assuming all is healthy). Who else starts? And off the bench?

Lol. I was wondering the same thing. Like I said, he is valuable...but 5 points and 3 rebounds from a defensive liability is somewhat replaceable.

 

Don't really see where you are getting he is a defensive liability...

Anyway, if true, from the looks of a map, Paso Robles, Cali is just about in the middle between LA and the San Francisco area. It is roughly 3 and a half hours from both cities. I cant remember all of the colleges in each city in Cali, but something makes me think that USC would be an option while I would rule out UCLA.

I think we're talking about a UK team that will see Michael Porter in the mix for a starting job.

 

Porter will be lucky to see 5 mins a game.

Porter will be lucky to see 5 mins a game.

 

Sometimes he saw more than that this year and that was with Ramel, Joe and Jasper playing.

He's a PG, but IMO more of a combo guard, just as Liggins is.

 

I've seen Galloway play twice and he is all PG. He has the ball in his hands 90% of the time to start every posession. He is always looking to find the open man and has great court awareness, can handle the rock with both hands equally, can beat his man off the dribble when he wants to but usually defers to his partners. He's alot quicker than Jasper but Jasper is a better rebounder and better stand still shooter. I know I've heard alot of people compare the two as being the same type of player, but now that I've seen Galloway play I think they are very different players.

Sometimes he saw more than that this year and that was with Ramel, Joe and Jasper playing.

 

The reason he saw the mins early in the year was because BCG was trying to get a point across to Joe. When SEC play started Porter didn't see many minutes at all unless someone got in foul trouble. UK will be 10 deep next year as long as Liggins makes the grade.

It appears that there is more to this story than I previously thought. I would say its 50/50 at this point as to whether Jasper will leave or not.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.