April 17, 200818 yr I can figure it is one of two reasons he is leaving: 1.) He is homesick and wants to see his mama. 2.) He feels he is being recruited over. For instance, Darius Miller and Kevin Galloway are similar to Jasper. I don't care what the reason is, I hope he changes his mind.
April 17, 200818 yr I like Jasper and what he brings to the team, but if he feels he needs to leave for whatever reasons, I wish him the best but do not see it as the end of the program. I do believe if it is homesickness, that is something just to be dealt with. We all have been there if we ever got off the apron strings. Part of becoming an adult. That said, if he's truly unhappy, he needs to go for himself and for the good of the program.
April 17, 200818 yr Jasper is going to transfer for sure, from point guard to small forward. So you don't think he's leaving?
April 17, 200818 yr Assuming he does transfer, it cannot be because of the continued praised BCG would give Jasper for UK's turnaround.
April 17, 200818 yr Gillispie expressed confidence Jasper would ultimately remain at UK and cited the enormous attention UK basketball generates as making more out of a story that happens at programs all over America this time of year. "He's just feeling a little homesick right now," Gillispie said. "A lot of places probably wouldn't ever have any (media) reports or those types of things but because of the magnitude of our program it's probably made into a bigger situation than other people would probably be accustomed to. It's about Derrick. We're thinking positive so we think he's going to be okay." There is no timetable on Jasper's decision.
April 17, 200818 yr He has been away for 2 years and is just now getting homesick? Doesn't pass the smell test with me...
April 17, 200818 yr He's been homesick since he's been here. As much as coach loves the kid and confidence he has in him I don't know what else it could be.
April 17, 200818 yr He has been away for 2 years and is just now getting homesick? Doesn't pass the smell test with me... Did you go away to College?
April 17, 200818 yr Did you go away to College? Yep. I missed home at times, but would never have considered going back to college around there.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.