Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Derrick Jasper looking to transfer?

Featured Replies

^

Good enough. I happen to believe the kid...No other reason I can think of, as to why he would want to leave.

  • Replies 191
  • Views 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^

Good enough. I happen to believe the kid...No other reason I can think of, as to why he would want to leave.

 

What I am getting at is that may be the word that is out about why he would want to transfer, but it may not be the actual reason.

What I am getting at is that may be the word that is out about why he would want to transfer, but it may not be the actual reason.

 

 

 

What else could it be, he and Coach have a good relationship?

What else could it be, he and Coach have a good relationship?

 

I'm not sure on their relationship. I do know Gillispie spoke highly of him most of the time.

 

I kind of wonder if he has a woman back in Cali. If he is "homesick" I would go with that as the reasoning that couldnt be broken unless someone in his family has become terribly sick.

Well...all the possible reasons you give, do equal homesick.

Sickness would be more of a necessity like with Tyler Smith, and yes the woman does equal homesick. You just never know though. The truth doesnt always come out in stuff like this.

Sickness would be more of a necessity like with Tyler Smith, and yes the woman does equal homesick. You just never know though. The truth doesnt always come out in stuff like this.

 

 

Only DJ knows for sure, and I wish him the best.

Oh I do too. Seems like a good kid and always gives good effort. Hopefully the best thing for the kid is that he stays. If he can't stay at UK though, what is he going to do if he ends up playing ball for someone like Toronto or going overseas?

Don't be so quick to right him off though. There is still a possibility he will stay. And he is a 6'6 Point Gurad, who makes good decisions, and when healthy, could score 10 points and grab 5 rebounds a game.

IMO Derrick Jasper is the smartest player on the team, and with confidence (both mental and confidence in his knee) he could be a great player and very important for this team.

From things that I have heard specifically from the coaching staff, Derrick wants to stay, but he also wants to go home. He is actually stuck in what he really wants to do. The staff want him to stay, but understand that he wants to be closer to his family. I think in the next couple of weeks, if nothing has happened before then, you will know what happens with Jasper.

 

It's about 60/40 he goes.

I hope he stays, but if his path leads him elsewhere, I wish him the best. He's a gutsy kid and I like him. He played this entire year hurt, I doubt that he was much over 80% at anytime. I think his contribution will increase every year, and believe he will be a very very good player once he's at 100%.

I like Jasper and wish he would stay. If he doesn't I wish him the best. I have enjoyed his 2 years with the Cats. He is a long ways from home and not everyone likes being away from family. I could not wait until I left home, but the longer I was away the more I wanted to go back. I did after 4 years, but it was tough sticking it out that long. I was just in Ohio. Being away from home affects different people in different ways. If Jasper's heart is not here then he should be were he will be happy.

Hit more 3's and that would fix everything. Learn how to handle the ball at the end of games. I thought he did okay this year considering the issues he had with health. I would hate to see him leave. I thought he made major progress with his shot last year.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.