Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Derrick Jasper looking to transfer?

Featured Replies

With Liggins (hopefully eligible) coming in along with Galloway I don't think it would be a bad loss at all if Jasper were to transfer. Hes been in the program for two years and he still will not shoot the ball. I have no idea how many times late season, and SEC/NCAA tourney that Jasper would get the kick out for a perfect look on a three ball only to pick up his dribble or force a pass somewhere else. He is a good shooter, this is why i cannot fathom him passing up open looks. If he leaves, Liggins and Galloway will be very sufficient replacements IMO.

  • Replies 191
  • Views 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best example of the above post was the Marquette game late. Instead of looking to do something, he almost took an unsuspecting Bradley's head off his shoulders with a nervous pass away.

I hope Derrick stays, but if he is homesick, so be it. I will support him whichever way he decides.

While I would like for him to stay, Galloway is gonna be at least twice the player as Jasper. He is very much like Jasper except much faster, and has 2 good knees.

I hope he stay cause I love how he plays, but if he leaves, I will be disappointed, but support him.

While I would like for him to stay, Galloway is gonna be at least twice the player as Jasper. He is very much like Jasper except much faster, and has 2 good knees.

 

He has to be a better scorer than Jasper. That's the only reason I don't care if he leaves, I can't stand to watch a player that doesn't look for a shot. Don't get me wrong I'm not a fool I know he would help the Cats tremendously next year but their rebuilding, so why not rebuild with some scorers.

Other parts to the game are important as well. DJ might not look to pass as much without Ramel and Joe.

He has to be a better scorer than Jasper. That's the only reason I don't care if he leaves, I can't stand to watch a player that doesn't look for a shot. Don't get me wrong I'm not a fool I know he would help the Cats tremendously next year but their rebuilding, so why not rebuild with some scorers.

 

Galloway is not a scorer. His 8pts a game on a team that averaged over 100 pts will tell everyone that. His is a definite pass first PG which is why he averaged over 8 assists a game. He can beat his man off the dribble due to his quickness and strength and get the basket with either hand,but usually elects to defer to others. The only similarities I see in Jasper and Galloway is that they are both 6'6. Both bring different things to the table.

He has to be a better scorer than Jasper. That's the only reason I don't care if he leaves, I can't stand to watch a player that doesn't look for a shot. Don't get me wrong I'm not a fool I know he would help the Cats tremendously next year but their rebuilding, so why not rebuild with some scorers.

 

There game is very similar and ironically they are both from Cali. One of my friends went to high school with Kevin Galloway and i've seen a lot of tape on him. I have been impressed. Galloway loves to dish the ball like Rondo and is strong at taking it to the hoop. He also has really learned how to knock down the 3 ball. He is the kinda player who will make his teamates around him better.

With Liggins (hopefully eligible) coming in along with Galloway I don't think it would be a bad loss at all if Jasper were to transfer. Hes been in the program for two years and he still will not shoot the ball. I have no idea how many times late season, and SEC/NCAA tourney that Jasper would get the kick out for a perfect look on a three ball only to pick up his dribble or force a pass somewhere else. He is a good shooter, this is why i cannot fathom him passing up open looks. If he leaves, Liggins and Galloway will be very sufficient replacements IMO.

 

We will have a depleted backcourt if Jasper leaves. He may not have shot the ball everytime you felt like he should have but he was an incredible asset this year at only about 75% and he would be an even bigger asset next year. Liggins nor Galloway has any SEC experience nor would they be leaders on the court like Jasper would be. Jasper would be a big loss if he chooses to transfer. Loosing a player of Jasper caliber is a huge loss at any point. I hope BCG begs him to stay!

He has to be a better scorer than Jasper. That's the only reason I don't care if he leaves, I can't stand to watch a player that doesn't look for a shot. Don't get me wrong I'm not a fool I know he would help the Cats tremendously next year but their rebuilding, so why not rebuild with some scorers.

 

Jasper does many other things on that court rather than scoring. He would bring leadership back to a team who is "rebuilding" and that is exactly what we would need. Galloway averaged like 8.5 pts game, so he doesn't light it up or anything. I think Jasper will take on more of a scoring role with this team next year. Many people are talking about him passing up shots late last year but you have to consider other factors such as coaching. It seemed as though every possession was focused on Crawford and Bradley and BCG might have instructed the team to look for them, or maybe he passed for some other reason, or maybe not. We just don't know but I'd say BCG will have him looking to score more next year.

  • Author

In addition to homesickness, which I don't believe is the major issue in play here, only a part of it.

From what I have gathered, Jasper wants to redshirt and take a full year to rehab his knee.

The staff on the other hand feels that it is not necessary for him to redshirt.

That is the sticking point at this time from what I have told.

Relax everyone,BCG will work things out with Jasper at UK.

In addition to homesickness, which I don't believe is the major issue in play here, only a part of it.

From what I have gathered, Jasper wants to redshirt and take a full year to rehab his knee.

The staff on the other hand feels that it is not necessary for him to redshirt.

That is the sticking point at this time from what I have told.

 

 

If the kids feels he needs a full year to recover, then the staff should let him. The staff not wanting him to sounds like they are pushing him out the door...........

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.