Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Derrick Jasper looking to transfer?

Featured Replies

It appears that there is more to this story than I previously thought. I would say its 50/50 at this point as to whether Jasper will leave or not.

I'd say 80/20 he's gone from what I've heard...

  • Replies 191
  • Views 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. He's not one of the guys that are going to make or break the Cats next year. Sure he would have helped but he can be replaced.

I'd say 80/20 he's gone from what I've heard...

 

I heard that he feels underappreciated or something.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. He's not one of the guys that are going to make or break the Cats next year. Sure he would have helped but he can be replaced.

 

On a bright note, we might be able to convince another player to come on board with his loss.

Jasper is my favorite of the returning players. Don't know why, but he is.

 

If he were to transfer, he would be missed.

 

I am a little confused about why people think him leaving would be the end of the world though. He's a nice player but to be honest I think we would miss his rebounding the most. I like him a lot as a ball player and he seems like a good kid, but let's be honest, it's not like were losing Michael Jordan here.

 

I can understand him being home sick. Cali is a nice haul away from Lexington. If thats the reason he left, I would be dissapointed, but wouldn't have a problem with it at all.

I heard that he feels underappreciated or something.

 

Sounds a lot deeper from my end. Good kid that doesn't seem to be a Cat at heart. It happens, and when it does the program moves on...

Jasper is my favorite of the returning players. Don't know why, but he is.

 

If he were to transfer, he would be missed.

 

I am a little confused about why people think him leaving would be the end of the world though. He's a nice player but to be honest I think we would miss his rebounding the most. I like him a lot as a ball player and he seems like a good kid, but let's be honest, it's not like were losing Michael Jordan here.

 

I can understand him being home sick. Cali is a nice haul away from Lexington. If thats the reason he left, I would be dissapointed, but wouldn't have a problem with it at all.

 

 

I can understand homesickness, but isn't he like 21 now or something? Surely he can suck it up and finish out his career.

Sounds a lot deeper from my end. Good kid that doesn't seem to be a Cat at heart. It happens, and when it does the program moves on...

 

If he's not a Cat at heart, I'll be happy with him leaving.

I heard that he feels underappreciated or something.

 

I don't understand that at all....

 

No, he wasn't praised. He didn't get the attention that Patterson, Meeks, Joe and Ramel got, but he never really got bashed either. He was kind of stuck in the middle.

 

I think most of the fanbase appreciated his effort and the way he played through an injury last year.

 

I just don't understand the being under appreciated angle. He contributed solid minutes. Nothing outstanding, but usually solid.

I can understand homesickness, but isn't he like 21 now or something? Surely he can suck it up and finish out his career.

 

College is very stressful. Most of us know that. Throw in playing ball for a program with the expectations of UK and being that far away from home...That's a lot for anyone to handle.

 

If the reason Jasper were to leave was him being home sick, I could understand.

College is very stressful. Most of us know that. Throw in playing ball for a program with the expectations of UK and being that far away from home...That's a lot for anyone to handle.

 

If the reason Jasper were to leave was him being home sick, I could understand.

 

College can be stressful, but it's stressful for me because I work and I worry about how I'm going to pay rent the next month and I have more student loans than I ever imagined I'd have.

 

Jasper does not worry about money. The school gives him enough money to live on and then some. He lives in a nice place, is looked up to by everyone on campus, and gets to play basketball for the Kentucky Wildcats. He is also getting his education paid in full.

 

I would trade spots with him right now. I'm a few hundred miles away from my mom...I can handle it.

College can be stressful, but it's stressful for me because I work and I worry about how I'm going to pay rent the next month and I have more student loans than I ever imagined I'd have.

 

Jasper does not worry about money. The school gives him enough money to live on and then some. He lives in a nice place, is looked up to by everyone on campus, and gets to play basketball for the Kentucky Wildcats. He is also getting his education paid in full.

 

I would trade spots with him right now. I'm a few hundred miles away from my mom...I can handle it.

 

I agree with everything you said. You also have to take into account what he's gone through to get where he's at also.

 

Yes, I agree that being a student athlete has many perks. Mainly being idolized by your peers and getting your education paid for. That being said, nothing a college athlete gets is given to them. They all work their tails off to get to where they are now.

 

It's easy to say that you would trade places with the guy in a heart beat. Many of us would. I don't know how many of us would be saying the same thing after going through a couple of Coach G's practices though...

I agree with everything you said. You also have to take into account what he's gone through to get where he's at also.

 

Yes, I agree that being a student athlete has many perks. Mainly being idolized by your peers and getting your education paid for. That being said, nothing a college athlete gets is given to them. They all work their tails off to get to where they are now.

 

It's easy to say that you would trade places with the guy in a heart beat. Many of us would. I don't know how many of us would be saying the same thing after going through a couple of Coach G's practices though...

 

Physical activities do not bother me. I would run till my legs fell off it meant I could have a future as a Kentucky Wildcat basketball player. :lol:

 

And I never meant to imply that I thought all of what he was getting was "given" to him. I know he worked. But he was given the abilities. I was given a 5'7" 145 lb body that is useless when it comes to college sports. :lol:

 

I'm just saying being homesick is a weak excuse. I think there must be more to it.

BCG is holding a press conference at 10:00 this morning to talk about "some things." I'm guessing one is that DJ is gone. Bad stuff imo.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.